Trip Report We're Not Stopping... Just Keep Hopping! A September 2015 Trip Report

And so... we are back. How is it that the wait for Disney is so long and exciting and then in a blink of an eye, it’s over? :cry:

I am so glad we were able to take this trip. It was a difficult year and we really needed some magic and fantasy to “reboot” our lives. We were in Disney from September 11th - 21st and stayed at French Quarters.

For those of you who do not know us...

IMG_6885.jpg

Me - Mary / Mom (The Disney Fanatic)

thumb_IMG_7438_1024.jpg

Ross / Dad / Grumpy (Although he had an identity crisis this trip and thought he was Cinderella.)

thumb_IMG_8471_1024.jpg

Julia / Sissy - My now teenage Mouseketeer

thumb_IMG_8097_1024.jpg

Hope / “The Hopester” My 6 year old princess - diagnosed with Severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder.

thumb_IMG_8154_1024.jpg

If you want to check out our past adventures:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

Even though we are all in Post Disney Depression, at least I can re-live the memories!

Ready or not... Here we go!

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7960_1024.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 74

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 9 September 19th

Today we were hopping from Studios to MK. Since we had a super late night, we slept in and took our time getting ready. We had an early lunch ADR at Primetime - a first for us! So we just had some snacks in the room instead of a big breakfast.

IMG_9844.JPG

We arrived at the Studios around 10AM and headed right to Disney Jr. Hope loved it of course. After, we walked right across to Little Mermaid which was letting in the crowds. Perfect timing!
IMG_9848.JPG
IMG_9855.JPG

IMG_9861.JPG
IMG_9858.JPG
IMG_9859.JPG

IMG_9865.JPG
IMG_9884.JPG

Hope was still a little tired from our (really) late night.

IMG_9886.JPG

As we exited Ariel, we walked over to the restrooms - and that’s when I noticed that the “Closed” sign was gone from the animation building and was replaced with this beauty…

IMG_9891.JPG

As much as I hated that they closed the drawing attraction, I LOVE Star Wars!!!

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We had FP for TSMM so we headed that way. I was a little nervous because we had an ADR for 50's Primetime and I didn’t want to be late.

IMG_9894.JPG

IMG_9895.JPG
IMG_9896.JPG
IMG_9913.JPG
IMG_9912.JPG

Julia and I rode together competing against Hope and Ross.

IMG_9901.JPG
IMG_9918.JPG
IMG_9906.JPG

When the ride was over and it was time to disembark, the CM came over to us and asked if we wanted to stay on and ride again?

Really? Was I dreaming? The thought of being late for our ADR vanished as we woodshed around again!!

IMG_9909.JPG

Side Note: We always use the handicapped entrance and Ross thought it was because of the party in the other attached car that made it easier for the CM if we stayed on. There was no one else on line. Whatever it was, I’ll take it as a little pixie dust knowing that probably wouldn’t ever happen again!

jrogue

About halfway through your TR right now. I have to stop and come back later, but SO FAR:

One must always go to Disney with a freshi manicure!! :D no matter what anyone says!

Interesting to hear how the disability card has changed throughout the years. last time my parents came we had to get one for my mom because of her hip. Glad to hear it's more efficient now!

Those cookie ice cream sandwiches are probably the best snack ever.

Oh my goodness, the first TOT picture! I wonder why that group of people in the first row all turned to look at something?? haha

What a cute daddy daughter shoot at HS!

Hope's excitement to meet the characters is super contagious! :)

Breakfast at the CP is great in the early morning. Sorry you didn't get your shot, but maybe next time!!

jrogue

Okay - so a little off topic here... But hoping some of you guys can help. We are hoping to visit again this September 2016. I see on a few really good "unofficial" sites that IASW is going down for refurbishment August 22nd - September 16th. Of course, that's Hope's FAVORITE ride - so we are considering changing things up a bit so she can enjoy it on our trip. Here's the thing... I spoke with WDW and they say it is NOT scheduled for any refurbishment in September. Who do I trust? I know this must sound crazy but... well I am! lol Any advice???

That's a tricky one! From what I've seen, many of the websites reporting it have been correct in the past. Maybe switch your trip to late September? That way you won't have to worry as much.

& WOW! Dinner at the Garden Grill looks great! That's on my next to-do list for Epcot.

Oh man, those beignets. My dad loves them. We'll have to stop there next time we go.

River Country!!! :D and who knew about the internal bus?? I never would have thought!! Good to know in case we ever go there :)

All caught up now and excited to read the rest of your adventure!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
That's a tricky one! From what I've seen, many of the websites reporting it have been correct in the past. Maybe switch your trip to late September? That way you won't have to worry as much.

& WOW! Dinner at the Garden Grill looks great! That's on my next to-do list for Epcot.

Oh man, those beignets. My dad loves them. We'll have to stop there next time we go.

River Country!!! :D and who knew about the internal bus?? I never would have thought!! Good to know in case we ever go there :)

All caught up now and excited to read the rest of your adventure!

Thanks for reading! Garden Grill is one of our favorites sit down meals. The service is always great as are the characters. It is probably the only meal where the characters come around 2 or 3 times and we have never felt rushed! The ice-cream cookie sandwich is Ross' favorite snack!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After, we headed over to 50’s Prime Time Cafe. This was a first time for us. I think I had made an ADR in the past but it got canceled. We were a little nervous because Play & Dine has such a TERRIBLE wait. However, the wait wasn’t too bad. We checked out the menu while we waited. Ross took Hope for a picture.

STUDIO_ECHOLAKE1_7465308579.jpeg
IMG_9924.JPG
IMG_9925.JPG

Our waitress played the part well. It was a fun meal, but more importantly, it was so YUMMY! I have ti say, it was my favorite meal of the trip with the exception of O’Hanna.

IMG_9933.JPG

IMG_9942.JPG
IMG_9944.JPG
IMG_9945.JPG

Julia had the fried chicken, Ross had the sampler and I had the stuffed pork chop.

Hope was really tired - I forgot what she ordered, but I know she ate very little. She lay down next to me and rested.

Julia got the brownie sundae. She was so funny; she wanted to eat the brownie and said everything else was in the way, so Ross helped her out!

IMG_9951.JPG
IMG_9958.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG

It was a great meal and I would definitely consider going back.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
After, we headed over to 50’s Prime Time Cafe. This was a first time for us. I think I had made an ADR in the past but it got canceled. We were a little nervous because Play & Dine has such a TERRIBLE wait. However, the wait wasn’t too bad. We checked out the menu while we waited. Ross took Hope for a picture.

View attachment 148345 View attachment 148346 View attachment 148344

Our waitress played the part well. It was a fun meal, but more importantly, it was so YUMMY! I have ti say, it was my favorite meal of the trip with the exception of O’Hanna.

View attachment 148351
View attachment 148347 View attachment 148348 View attachment 148349

Julia had the fried chicken, Ross had the sampler and I had the stuffed pork chop.

Hope was really tired - I forgot what she ordered, but I know she ate very little. She lay down next to me and rested.

Julia got the brownie sundae. She was so funny; she wanted to eat the brownie and said everything else was in the way, so Ross helped her out!

View attachment 148354 View attachment 148350
View attachment 148355

It was a great meal and I would definitely consider going back.

50's is great, and I've heard that same sentiment from so many people here on the forums. I went there in May; but as a solo guest, I went to the lounge area (bar) and they will serve the dinners there as well. Enjoyed the "sampler" plate (same as Ross above in your picture) and it was delicious. The bartenders were very friendly, same as the wait staff in the regular restaurant side. It's a fun place and I'd definitely go back there again.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
50's is great, and I've heard that same sentiment from so many people here on the forums. I went there in May; but as a solo guest, I went to the lounge area (bar) and they will serve the dinners there as well. Enjoyed the "sampler" plate (same as Ross above in your picture) and it was delicious. The bartenders were very friendly, same as the wait staff in the regular restaurant side. It's a fun place and I'd definitely go back there again.

Trying to convince Ross to go back. He wasn't so impressed. Maybe I'll have to eat there solo! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Julia & I went on TOT since it had a really short wait. The posted time was 30 min - but I think we only waited about 20.

IMG_9965.JPG
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7465449266.jpeg

Usually I am so excited to experience all our Disney “1st's”, but this year, Julia and I headed off to do some Disney “lasts”.

I figured the Streets of NY would be gone. I wish I could have gotten to experience the Osbourne Lights.

IMG_9966.JPG
IMG_9969.JPG
IMG_9971.JPG
IMG_9985.JPG
STUDIO_NYSTREET_7465456279.jpeg
STUDIO_NYSTREET_7465456280.jpeg
STUDIO_NYSTREET_7465455448.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I figured the area where Mike & Sully meets would be a part of the construction, but I truly thought that they would just move them. It’s my understanding that they don’t meet anymore, so I’m glad we waited to see them one more time.

IMG_9973.JPG
IMG_9972.JPG
IMG_9974.JPG
IMG_9976.JPG
IMG_9978.JPG

STUDIO_MONSTERS_7465469126.jpeg
IMG_9984.JPG

Mike has been Julia's FAVORITE for a long time!

Disney 2010 170.JPG

However, Hope has never been a fan!

Disney 2010 172.JPG

Needless to say, my poor Julia is so heartbroken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom