"Welcome home."

"Welcome home!"

• I'm not at home.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Thanks!!

Votes: 111 79.9%
  • Nobody ever welcomed me because I am a leper.

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

sm57co

Do you like being welcomed "home" to WDW?

Me, I never did. It seems odd and insincere. I never know what to say to that. I always mumble a "Thank you", but I want to say, "I'm not at home!" (If I'm home, I shouldn't need a credit card to sleep in my bed, either ;))

Some people seem to like it, though. They think of WDW as their home and enjoy being welcomed there! :)

What do you think?
Yes. Very funny I found this post. A story I keep telling people is about 5 years ago coming back to Animal Kingdom Lodge after a long day at the parks with two little ones, we drove up to the security gate, little kids sleeping in the car, my feet incredibly sore, shoulders sore from the backpacks ... the guard pops his head out and cheerfully says "Welcome Home!" It literally wok me up and put me in a good mood. I swear this guy's voice was right out of an animated movie. He may have been a cartoon. Awesome. We go to these places to escape our everyday lives and it's the cast members who fully buy into all the small details that make it what it is.

SagamoreBeach

I visited Animal Kingdom Lodge several times when it first opened. There was a cast member, Carlos, that seemed to always be working when I checked in. After the second time he checked me in he would say...Welcome back, Tony! and ask how I had been since my last visit. If he wasn't there or available when I checked in he made a point of saying hello when he saw me in the lobby. After a couple of years he was tranfered to another resort. It really is a nice feeling to be recognized when you know they see thousands of people!

JohnD

Hmm. Not sure. Hearing the pre-recorded "Welcome Home" on the bus at the resort I am staying at after leaving the last park of the night is just weird. I'm not "home" but away either on vacation or some extra time off away from home. I love visiting WDW but also glad to be "home" when the vacation/trip is over.

gnorth

I like the "welcome home" after coming back from the parks, but when I get it at the check-in counter I keep waiting for them to add this "welcome home, we missed your money"

DisneyDebNJ

In all of our trips, I have never heard *welcome home*, but we stay at the Poly, and I get *Aloha* about 40 times a day LOL. I just figured, that was their version of *welcome home*... however I do exclaim "IM HOME" when I get off of the DME ;)

Cesar R M

I like the "welcome home" after coming back from the parks, but when I get it at the check-in counter I keep waiting for them to add this "welcome home, we missed your money"
can you imagine if they used Agent Smith's voice?

"Welcome Home Mr. Anderson.. WE MISSED YOU (and your wallet)"

Tonka's Skipper

We have always loved the *Welcome Home*, it brings *HOME* the fact we are at WDW or DL or whatever DVC resort.

Never had a CM say it in any way other then polite and warm, maybe it is part of the job, but that doesn't mean they don't mean it or believe in it.

You maybe surprised how many CM's are also members of DVC.:)

AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom