"Welcome home."

"Welcome home!"

• I'm not at home.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Thanks!!

Votes: 111 79.9%
  • Nobody ever welcomed me because I am a leper.

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

luv

Original Poster
Do you like being welcomed "home" to WDW?

Me, I never did. It seems odd and insincere. I never know what to say to that. I always mumble a "Thank you", but I want to say, "I'm not at home!" (If I'm home, I shouldn't need a credit card to sleep in my bed, either ;))

Some people seem to like it, though. They think of WDW as their home and enjoy being welcomed there! :)

What do you think?

HouCuseChickie

I think I'm a leper...o_O...out of my many trips, we've only stayed onsite 3x, but I've never been welcomed home when checking in.

That being said, while I like the idea, it also seems very artificial to me. I like it when I get a bubbly friendly CM checking us in who just genuinely feeds the excitement without tossing in any kind of required jargon or verbiage.

Watch them say it when we check in next month...I'm going to think about this thread!

MouseDreaming

I have never been welcomed home by a CM. I will say, the first few times with the family, I got goose bumps when the DME passed the WELCOME HOME sign at the check gate for the POFQ parking lot. I don't know why they took it down. It always made me feel a little misty...and giddy with the whole vacation ahead of us.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Well... As a DVC member, I realize they are paying attention. The "Welcome Home" tag line has been greeting DVC members since before "the best kept secret" was driven by Goofy through a billboard. It's a little hokey, but enjoyably so.

"Welcome Home" means it's still "vacation" time whether you are just arriving at your resort or you've been reduced to the 1000 yard stare toward the end of your 3rd day. It's a subtle reminder that you are invested is this place for years and that they might care a little more.(Okay, that's probably more perception than anything else but let it slide.) Sincere or not, the cast members are recognizing you and your value.

My 2 nickles anyway..(inflation..)

*1023*

Last edited:

LucyK

The doorman at POFQ seems to know everyone who's staying there and every time we would get back from the parks he would say it to us. I enjoyed because I did fell in love with the hotel and I consider it to be my second home. I can't help the giddy feeling that comes over me everytime I think about my time there.

Disneykidder

I've never heard those words said to me until this recent trip as my first time as a DVC member. It was at BLT and those words were wonderful. But then I heard it when I walked into the GF and the Poly(just eating there) and then those words lost little value. :confused:

Spikerdink

I love hearing those words when I check in. I am a DVC member, but usually go to different resorts to try something different. I have friends who are DVC and go about the same time 1 - 3 times a year. They not only get the 'Welcome Home' but often the same CM remember them and ask specific questions which lets you know they remember you and not just a generic phrase they have to spit out. That, to me, gives the phrase extra value and does make me feel like I am at my 'second home'....

PUSH

I never really thought about it, but I don't really care. It does seem kind of cheesy and fake, a simple "enjoy your stay" would suffice.

NeedMoreMickey

(If I'm home, I shouldn't need a credit card to sleep in my bed, either ;)
Since I still have a house payment I'll say I do have to pay to sleep in my own bed. I love when I hear Welcome Home. My last trip I was the first to arrive from our group and the first thing I did was send a text pic telling everyone I was home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom