"Welcome home."

"Welcome home!"

• I'm not at home.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Thanks!!

Votes: 111 79.9%
  • Nobody ever welcomed me because I am a leper.

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters

JIMINYCR

I can't wait to hear those glorious words spoken to me as I check in. I dream about that moment for days before we leave. The smiling face of the CM, watching his/her fingers fly over the keyboard and ..... then.... produce my resort package and highlight exactly where my room is going to be. And I always have a trading pin at my fingertips ready to trade my first pin of the trip with the CM.

MaryJaneP

I think this is wonderful. I appreciate these words because they usually mean it, it makes me feel welcome, and it expresses their appreciation of my patronizing their business. I do not care that it is said frequently and may be said to non-guests. I prefer it over the more common "have a magical day" because it seems to express a location specific greeting.

DJMoore2011

Our first trip we stayed at Saratoga Springs , not knowing what DVC was ( I did not find this wonderful site until after our trip), it threw me for a bit. My Darling Daughter was lagging behind us at check in so when I turned to see what she was looking at I got to see her face when the Doorman said "Welcome Home Princess" and seeing the smile on her face, then it wasn't so strange. Now I can say I am looking forward to hearing "Welcome Home"

Obi

i can certainly see where some may see it as insincere, cheesy, etc. however, to me, it's different than the usual "enjoy your stay". I hear "enjoy your stay" at more places than "welcome home". it's that little difference that helps make Disney more magical. especially when there are a lot of little things that Disney has been letting go over the years that made it stand head and shoulders above every one else. it's good that this little thing of "welcome home" is still there. just my opinion. :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Do you like being welcomed "home" to WDW?

Me, I never did. It seems odd and insincere. I never know what to say to that. I always mumble a "Thank you", but I want to say, "I'm not at home!" (If I'm home, I shouldn't need a credit card to sleep in my bed, either ;))

Some people seem to like it, though. They think of WDW as their home and enjoy being welcomed there! :)

What do you think?

Yeah I'm with you on this one luv. It always seemed like an odd welcome and I never got it.

I feel completely welcome and they treat me super nice but I don't feel like I'm home.

As a matter of fact I don't get treated that nice when I'm at home...Hello meet my wife and kids!!!!!

wbtc

I really like it when they say "welcome home". Its just one more thing that you only get at Disney. I suspend my disbelief when I interact with the CMs. They really make it easy and they are really good at their roles.

jlsHouston

When we arrived at the BWI this past July and the CM greeted me with Stroud party ? I wasn't sure whether to be mortified we looked so bedraggled every time we drive in that now the resorts know us by sight, or to wonder if there really was some kind of magic the CM's possess. When I tentatively nodded he smiled and said Welcome Home! Just about made me tear up....felt so long since the previous trip to the World...of course once I finally found the room we were given I was in tears...couldn't believe how far from the elevator they put me....
I am kind of sappy...I really love the Welcome Home greeting....kiddos really took to the "home" away from home concept. We would be in the park starting to swelter and one of them would say lets go home and swim nana!:p

Mukta

It is one of my favorite things about checking into the Beach Club. When they come out to the DME bus and say 'Welcome Home, Mukta', my vacation begins. It really does feel like coming home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom