WED's Think Different Challenge!

TomMorrow

how about a woody's round up themed Thunder Mountain. The queue would be "adorned" with "set pieces" from the fake Tv show and guests would pass Woody, Jessie, Stinky Pete, and Bullseye AAs as they raced though the mountain

WED99

Original Poster
Bonus Question: What Disney film do you think deserves a fantasyland dark ride? Explain why in 50 words or less.

jdmdisney99

LIVING WITH THE LAND
For my entry, I decided to plus Living With the Land. New to this classic attraction would be a special NextGen experience, called MyMealMaker. This reinvigorated ride would utilize new boats, with 4 rows, not 5 (attendance on the ride isn't that large), and iPad-like touch screens embedded in the seat backs. Throughout the agricultural section of the ride, your screen will provide you with special options. An arrow will point to either side of the boat where a certain crop is located and will name it. Also on the screen would be two buttons; one says Add to Cart and the other says Add to Meal. Towards the bottom of the screen, there is a column displaying many suggested meals and recipes that this crop can be used in. Another column tells you where you can utilize your crops or meals, such as the Garden Grille. When you are finished with the agriculture setting, the RFID scanner flashes and you are asked to scan your park ticket to save your personal meal or crops. At other times in the attraction, the screen shows images that go along with the dialogue and surrounding scene, almost like a personal theater. Once off of the ride, guests may use their crops (ex. lettuce, tomatoes) in a restaurant to get a possible discount in a meal (ex. salad) that is made from the crops they saw and chose on the attraction.
b90f4e94776b2992fc226e531cbc74dc_zps795ef62c.jpg

Turtle

Challenge 1 - Plussing An Attraction

In my opinion, the ride that could be so amazing yet falls short of expectations is Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom. Of all the rides in the resort that could use an overhaul of upgrades this is the one. With such a broad subject with so much adventure and thrill of going back in time to rescue a lost dinosaur it really fails. I am converting a ride that's barely a d-ticket into a top-notch e-ticket.

The name of the attraction will be reverted to Countdown To Extinction and the large statue of a dinosaur in front of the attraction will be removed. The entire Dinoland USA woulThe only changes in the story is that you are rescuing a Triceratops rather than an Iguanodon and the meteor has more emphasis. At the end you never capture the dinosaur but you make it out in time. At the end of the attraction more things will start to burn and you can see the meteor starting to erupt and wipe the lost world.

An important plus in this attraction is the intensity level is going up. This will probably be up there with Tower of Terror as one of the scariest attractions in Walt Disney World. The lights would be darker, and the sounds would be louder. Right now, it's an EMV in a dark room for most of the ride, we're going to add a lot more dinosaur popping out to give out the screams. The animatronics would be brand-new and will not be in the shabby condition like they are in now.

One effect that will be fixed is the pterodactyl "flying" over you. What happens if you cannot recall is you are going through the darkness and you hear "A Pterodactyl!" and if you look up you can see a lifeless figure of a Pterodactyl. Now what would happen is that when he screams the warning the lights flash and he swoops down 4 feet above you.

In a way this attraction will become 4D, but not like other EMVs like The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman or Transformers The Ride 3D. All the sets in this attraction will be physical, which is much needed nowadays with e-tickets usually relying on screens to tell the story. When I say 4D without any screens, I am referring to sense like smell and feeling. For example: As the adventure progresses and the meteor gets closer the attraction gets warmer and warmer feeling like you're about to burn. The same applies when the pterodactyl swoops over you, a gust of wind will be thrown into your face. When you are in the swamp, it will smell like a swamp. I think this addition of "4D" will make the attraction more immersive and more of a sensory experience.

In this proposal, nothing major like any new characters or bold new story-lines will be added. It is truly "plussing", which is taking a concept and making it better with what you have and a little more.

Thanks! Hope You Like My Idea!

jdmdisney99

Sleeping Beauty deserves a Fantasyland dark ride in Florida because it is a classic Disney film. It was a staple of Disney, that contributed to the modern interpretation of princesses. Walt even decided to change the name of Disneyland's castle after the film. It is a thrilling journey from evil.

ctxak98

I think the movie that deserves a dark ride the most is the jungle book. It has lovable characters, great songs and awesome story possibilities. The animated AA figures could be amazing and fit well within the theme parks now. I really just love bagheera so much!

WED99

Original Poster
The bonus points go to @ctxak98 because I completely agree. Jungle Book was actually the movie I had in my head while writing the question. Great songs, simple story, unique characters and their is nothing like it in Fantasyland.

5 points.

WED99

Original Poster
Bonus Question: You are able to change/build/expand 3 single things in Epcot, what are they?

(Single things only, no entire areas)

ctxak98

I would expand the tank walkthroughs of living seas, the maelstrom ride, and the lights on the floor around epcot at night!

Turtle

Bonus Question: You are able to change/build/expand 3 single things in Epcot, what are they?

(Single things only, no entire areas)
- Overhaul Imagination to it's first storyline with Dreamfinder using mystic manor tech.

- A single ride in Future World (like Mission: Space) StormChaser (think of the atmosphere of Twister in Universal, now put a really fast spinning Egg Scrambler ride inside the storm with wind and fire)

- Expansion of Canada with Escape from Mount Grizzly which is a wild dark ride with similar technology to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the recent patent for a Monsters, Inc.. There would be one big difference then Mr. Toads, this attraction will be modern, sophisticated, and presented in e-ticket fashion. The story is that you are in a pack of bear's mountain/territory and you need to escape and you encounter twists, turns, drops, dead ends, etc. Think of a mix between the theming of Haunted Mansion, the storytelling/authenticity of Expedition Everest, and the craziness of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

WED99

Original Poster
- Overhaul Imagination to it's first storyline with Dreamfinder using mystic manor tech.

- A single ride in Future World (like Mission: Space) StormChaser (think of the atmosphere of Twister in Universal, now put a really fast spinning Egg Scrambler ride inside the storm with wind and fire)

- Expansion of Canada with Escape from Mount Grizzly which is a wild dark ride with similar technology to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the recent patent for a Monsters, Inc.. There would be one big difference then Mr. Toads, this attraction will be modern, sophisticated, and presented in e-ticket fashion. The story is that you are in a pack of bear's mountain/territory and you need to escape and you encounter twists, turns, drops, dead ends, etc. Think of a mix between the theming of Haunted Mansion, the storytelling/authenticity of Expedition Everest, and the craziness of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
I'm putting you in the challenge Turtle, I can see how much you want to be in it hahaha. You have -1 points due to your posts.

Sam Magic

For Epcot I would focus on the following things:
The Sea, Imagination, and the Land.

The Sea: Expand its offer of aquatic animals and take out the; With Nemo and friend portion of the name. Lastly add a exhibit that showcases a fake underwater scene with a sunken ship and probes protecting it.

Imagination: This ride would receive massive re-imagination. It would begin with Dr. Von Drake replacing Figment as the rides icon. The Que would be a lab type are with activities that would allow and encourage guest to use their imagination in order to create anything they want. The ride would focus on the Doctor experimenting with something in his lab when a calculation goes wrong and you have to help him fix it.

The Land: The land becomes an attraction that focus's on agriculture of the past present and future. A small Whole Foods like shop is added and a new show floor that showcases new agricultural technology's and energy sources.

MonorailRed

Applebees
1. Definitely the Imagination Pavillion. Redo the ride, bring back the upstairs. Put something new in Captain EO, maybe something original.
2. Grand Fiesta Tour Starring the 3 Caballeros. Something about the Screens in the ride depicting Mexico just doesn't sell it for me. I'd either replace the screens with new audio-anametronics of the 3 Caballeros or possibly even some original characters.
3. Storyteller's Forest Dark Ride between Germany and Italy. It'd mostly focus on the stories of Hans Christian Anderson and Brother's Grimm, with a disney twist of course. You could really include a lot or as little of disney classics as you want. Snow White, Tangled, Little Mermaid, and even The Ugly Duckling, Hansel and Gretel, Rumplestilskin, the list could go on and on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom