WDWMagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Thread

will_hsv

My Son on the Radio

My wife just called me a few minutes ago and told me to turn to a local radio station here in Huntsville, AL (96.9 for anyone here). She said my son was going to be on the radio. He is 4 years old and he had just called me at work and told me that he wanted me to get together some people to go build houses for the people that did not have houses anymore, and that he wanted to work in our yard picking up sticks and leaves (we had a big tree fall in the storm) to earn money to send to them. So i figured my wife had called in and he talked to them, you know one of those quick phone drops. Well turns out he was sitting in the studio and was interviewed by the DJ. We have a half gallon jar that we fill with all of our silver coins so that he and his sister can have that money to by stuff on our trip to WDW in December, it was a little more than half full and he decided that he wanted to give that to the people who were displaced by the storm, because they needed it more than he needs toys from WDW. After he finished some people that were driving by the studio at the time stopped in and gave a donation and then asked to meet him. My wife said that they had taken pictures and gave him a cd of the interview. I will post the pictures and would like for everyone to be able to hear him. Is there anyway to post audio files, or will I need to email Steve?

I am so proud of him.

will_hsv

Micaelorum said:
¡Hola! Habla un miembro de WDWMAGIC desde las Islas Canarias, España. En nombre de todos los hablantes de español en el mundo, nos solidarizamos con las víctimas del huracán Katrina.

Así, espero que con mi mensaje nuestras manos se alarguen hasta unirse a través del océano Atlántico. ¡ESPERO OS RECUPERÉIS MUY PRONTO DE ESTA CATÁSTROFE!

Yo no puedo hacer ninguna donación porque soy menor de edad. Pero estoy con ustedes y con todos los americanos.

I hope you speak Spanish, PLEASE!!!

Thanks, Mica.

Translation from babel fish. Not a very good translation, but it gets the point across.

Hello! It speaks a member of WDWMAGIC from the Canary Islands, Spain. In name of all the hablantes of Spanish in the world, we supported with the victims of the Katrina hurricane. Thus, I hope that with my message our hands are extended until being united through the Atlantic Ocean. I WAIT FOR OS YOU RECOVER IN A MOMENT OF THIS CATASTROPHE! I cannot make no donation because I am minor. But I am with you and all the Americans.

SpongeScott

will_hsv said:
My wife just called me a few minutes ago and told me to turn to a local radio station here in Huntsville, AL (96.9 for anyone here). She said my son was going to be on the radio. He is 4 years old and he had just called me at work and told me that he wanted me to get together some people to go build houses for the people that did not have houses anymore, and that he wanted to work in our yard picking up sticks and leaves (we had a big tree fall in the storm) to earn money to send to them. So i figured my wife had called in and he talked to them, you know one of those quick phone drops. Well turns out he was sitting in the studio and was interviewed by the DJ. We have a half gallon jar that we fill with all of our silver coins so that he and his sister can have that money to by stuff on our trip to WDW in December, it was a little more than half full and he decided that he wanted to give that to the people who were displaced by the storm, because they needed it more than he needs toys from WDW. After he finished some people that were driving by the studio at the time stopped in and gave a donation and then asked to meet him. My wife said that they had taken pictures and gave him a cd of the interview. I will post the pictures and would like for everyone to be able to hear him. Is there anyway to post audio files, or will I need to email Steve?

I am so proud of him.
Cool story! (and I miss 96.9)

mrtoad

That is awesome. You should be proud for sure. :)

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.

pinkrose

jmaxwell007 said:
that one may have been this sealion i saw. ahhh, it breaks my heart. hopefully they got to this one and the one that you are refering to that didnt make it is another and didnt suffer.

thanks for the info. ill relay to my wife.
My mom told me that she saw on the news that they didn't let the other one suffer. I was tears. :(

pinkrose

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.
Wow!!! Congratulations on raising such a fine son!!!

Erika

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.

You should be!!!!!! Looking forward to the pictures.

Aurora_25

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.
what a wonderful story! You have raised a great kid and you have every right to be proud of him :D

tiggerlover1971

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.
oh my what a wonderful thing your son did I think he deserves something at Disney

Disnut

will_hsv said:

I am so proud of him.

Your son is so young to have a grown-up heart. Great job on raising such a fine son.

FanofDinsey1981

will, thanks for the great story! I have been reading such horrific articles all day, and your story is uplifting.

I have already sent a chunk of money through the tribune foundation and the red cross,but I think that this was a great idea. watch for your local papers/colleges/kids schools, they will surely be starting some kind of drive for nessary items to be sent down to the areas most affected. I am in the process at home of collecting blankets, canned food, and clothing to be dropped off this weekend before the illini v. rutgers game at memorial stadium.

Neptune

I've got 500 dollars that I have already donated (Not to this fund, sorry :( ). I just got 50 dollars this week from my father after working, and I am donating. Since I've just been really upset for this whole thing. Let me see if I can Convince my father to let me send it, So it's pending.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Hi Sherman!! Yes, your donation came in fine!! Thanks for the donation and thanks for helping me set this up!!

And don't think I didn't notice you Elizabeth H, Harry L, and Shannon P. Your donations are much appreciated and you'll all be added soon to the donators list. I think all will be very happy when I announce the updated total for today at 7:00 p.m. (PST)!! :D

MsSnuzi

Sent mine in - Gordon, you are an angel for getting this started, thank you for making it so easy for us to donate. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom