WDWMagic Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Thread

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mrtoad said:
He is just trying to help is all. As long as the money gets there it does not matter the avenue...
you are correct.......

if anyone is attending football games in the south (im going to see Alabama, yeh), i have heard that they will be collecting outside the stadiums....... take some extra dough. some schools maybe doing a can food drive. listen to your local radio or papers

Micaelorum

Hi again!

I'm going to translate my post into English:

Hello! This is a WDWMAGIC member from the Canary Island, Spain. An on behalf of all Spanish speakers in the world, we are with all the victims of the Katrina Hurricane.

So, I hope that with my post our hands will be united throught the Atlantic Ocean. I HOPE YOU RETURN TO YOUR NORMAL LIFE AS SOON AS POSIBLE!

I can't make a donation because I'm 16. But I'm with you and yours, and, of course, with all America.

Thanks, Mica.

tigsmom

Micaelorum said:
Hi again!

Hello! This is a WDWMAGIC member from the Canary Island, Spain. An on behalf of all Spanish speakers in the world, we are with all the victims of the Katrina Hurricane.

So, I hope that with my post our hands will be united throught the Atlantic Ocean. I HOPE YOU RETURN TO YOUR NORMAL LIFE AS SOON AS POSIBLE!

I can't make a donation because I'm 16. But I'm with you and yours, and, of course, with all America.

Thanks, Mica.

:wave:

Thanks! Just keep everyone in your thoughts!

Shaman

Micaelorum said:
Hi again!

Thanks, Mica.

Thanks for your kind words!

Way back in our family tree part of my family comes from the Canary Islands...:D

Erika

Micaelorum said:
Hi again!

Thanks, Mica.

Thank you for your kind words! :wave:

brich

Micaelorum said:
Hi again!

Thanks, Mica.
Mucho Gracias amigo!! and that's all the Spanish I think I know... Oh and maybe a couple of bad words but we don't need to hear those... :lookaroun :D

Computer Magic

Thought I would share some more good deeds. It warms the heart.

My hospital is working with the Feed the Hungry, South Bend Division and the Risinger Tr__________g Company to transport truckloads of food supplies and dry goods to victims of the disaster in Louisiana. Risinger Transport is suppling all the trucks and their drivers are all volunteering their time to get the food down to these needy people. We hope to send up to 25 packed 18-wheelers down.

Let us continue to remember all these people in our prayers.

This brings a tear to my eyes....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Micaelorum said:
Hi again!

Thanks, Mica.

Gracias por sus palabras amigo :D

jaylenofan86

I decided to help out in a different way. Once general aviation can fly back into the LA/MS area, I want to take a week or two off and help out with my piloting skills. I would like to make a difference in someone's life. :)

tigsmom

jaylenofan86 said:
I decided to help out in a different way. Once general aviation can fly back into the LA/MS area, I want to take a week or two off and help out with my piloting skills. I would like to make a difference in someone's life. :)

Great idea Adam Good luck! :wave:

I've got several auctions up on Ebay and once they are done I"ll be sending my part in. As a close neighbor of these people we have quite a few refugees ataying at our hotel and the Memphis/Shelby County school systems have opened up enrollment for the kids. To our members who have been affected I send my prayers.

PhotoMom524

Hi Gordon:

I just donated & don't use PayPal often, please make sure you receive it. Also, my company matches it 2:1 so my company will pay 2x what I contribute. Not sure how you want to record that as it doesn't come immediately.

DDuckFan130

Just to bring in some local news from my neck of the woods, our university is helping out in a big way and it brought a big smile to my face when I received this email :D

In response to the outpouring of concern for Hurricane Katrina's millions of
victims, I wanted the FIU community to know of all of the efforts already begun
on their behalf. I also want you to know that more is being planned. For those
of you who want to volunteer, there will be many opportunities over the coming
weeks where your participation will be most appreciated.

Starting with the Admissions Office's response to the calls of parents of
students displaced by the storm, FIU has opened its arms. On Thursday more than
100 students from Loyola University, Tulane University, the University of New
Orleans, Delgado Community College, and several others enrolled in FIU and have
begun taking classes. Because of the overwhelming
response to this effort, the Admissions Office will open enrollment again next
week on Tuesday so that more displaced students will be able to continue to
pursue the dream of a college education.

To put on human face on our relief efforts, I want you to know about Julio Del
Valle and his wife Dione Carmona. Married just three-and-a-half weeks ago, this
young couple left New Orleans just ahead of Katrina's wrath. They arrived in
Miami with just a few belongings and their car. They had nowhere to stay and
very little money. Your university, FIU embraced them.
Now, instead of having to cut short their education, they have enrolled here,
are staying in the home of an FIU professor and will start work and classes here
next week.

Your Health and Wellness Center has already planned two blood drives for next
week. The first drive will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, September 6th
between the bookstore and the Gold garage at University
Park. The second drive will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, September
7th in the bus loop between the Library and Academic I at Biscayne Bay Campus.

Your student government, student organizations and Greek organizations have
already mobilized and are pitching into to help organize FIU's largest ever
relief effort.

Volunteers are already planning a concert festival patterned after the
successful Live-Aid concerts. We have tentatively selected Saturday, October 8th
as a date and will be giving you updates and telling you of ways you can help
make this event a success in the coming days.

The proceeds, supplies, food and water that we raise and collect from this event
will all be donated to our sister Sun Belt Conference institution the University
of New Orleans (UNO), which was hit very hard by this storm. We have adopted
UNO, where Julio Del Valle was attending school,
and have begun a dialogue with Chancellor Tim Ryan to let him know that help is
on the way and to find out what more we can do. When you begin to see next week
fraternities and sororities collecting food and supplies, please lend a hand and
make a donation. Also, please participate When you
see exhibits and activities in the Graham Center sponsored by the Counseling
Center and Student Government.

In my nearly 19 years as president of this great university, I have never been
as proud as I am now by the culture of caring that I have witnessed around our
campuses. Katrina's fury and path of destruction have left many of us in a state
of shock. As our nation and community coalesce around this tragedy, it is
important that we proceed with all deliberate speed in our efforts to help the
victims rebuild their lives and communities.

If you want to join FIU's efforts, please contact Mark Riordan in the Media
Relations Office at 305-348-2232 or through email at
riordanm@fiu.edu.

I want to thank those who have already gone above and beyond the call of duty by
reaching out to the victims of this storm.

Shaman

DDuckFan130 said:
Just to bring in some local news from my neck of the woods, our university is helping out in a big way and it brought a big smile to my face when I received this email :D

It's great isn't it? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom