WDWFreak53, car discussion

WDWFREAK53

The dealer has a Camaro being delivered on Wednesday. He's not sure if it's mine or not though. For color it has "???." :shrug:

There are only two of us at that dealership that are expecting their cars soon (BTW, this one will be the first Camaro that the dealership has received aside from the V6 "dealer-car").

*crosses fingers*

Which makes me wonder...There are two Camaros built that are going to the same dealership. They are coming from the same place...why not put them on the same truck?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The dealer has a Camaro being delivered on Wednesday. He's not sure if it's mine or not though. For color it has "???." :shrug:

There are only two of us at that dealership that are expecting their cars soon (BTW, this one will be the first Camaro that the dealership has received aside from the V6 "dealer-car").

*crosses fingers*

Which makes me wonder...There are two Camaros built that are going to the same dealership. They are coming from the same place...why not put them on the same truck?

That would make too much sense.... and lead to GM NOT going bankrupt. :shrug::lol::lookaroun:p

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
So... I did the car geek foreign car test drives while on vacation.

I test drove 5 cars in Guatemala... none we can get stateside. 3 cars because I was curious (2 chinese cars, a Chery QQ and a Great Wall Hover CUV, 1 indian car, a Mahindra Scorpio SUV), and 3 others that I had seen overseas and was curious about (a Seat Leon FR from Spain... essentially a Spanish GTI and a BMW 116d).

The chinese cars were crap. Seriously. They were slow accelerating, their brakes were awful, interiors were cheap, exteriors were cheaper (but at least looked OK), and in the case of the Hover, the seats were so uncomfortable that I had to take a muscle relaxer to help with my back. Their only saving grace was their price. A full size SUV for the price of a Honda Civic.

The Mahindra was actually quite good. It was just ugly. It felt stable, steered well for a giant SUV, and had a really torquey diesel. Brakes were on par for the size of the vehicle. Again though... it was HIDEOUSLY UGLY. And the interior was quite busy... and not well placed. Like the conversion from RHD to LHD was an afterthought.

As for the SEAT.... it rocked. It's a little slower off the line than the GTI (very little), but the steering felt quicker, and the brakes were better. The interior was up to VW group standards. The BMW was my favorite... a light little hatchback with a little torquey diesel motor. It was like a little RWD rollerskate.

I have taken a liking to small, light cars with quick steering, and as a result I will be test driving the new Ford Fiesta today.

WDWFREAK53

So... I did the car geek foreign car test drives while on vacation.

I test drove 5 cars in Guatemala... none we can get stateside. 3 cars because I was curious (2 chinese cars, a Chery QQ and a Great Wall Hover CUV, 1 indian car, a Mahindra Scorpio SUV), and 3 others that I had seen overseas and was curious about (a Seat Leon FR from Spain... essentially a Spanish GTI and a BMW 116d).

The chinese cars were crap. Seriously. They were slow accelerating, their brakes were awful, interiors were cheap, exteriors were cheaper (but at least looked OK), and in the case of the Hover, the seats were so uncomfortable that I had to take a muscle relaxer to help with my back. Their only saving grace was their price. A full size SUV for the price of a Honda Civic.

The Mahindra was actually quite good. It was just ugly. It felt stable, steered well for a giant SUV, and had a really torquey diesel. Brakes were on par for the size of the vehicle. Again though... it was HIDEOUSLY UGLY. And the interior was quite busy... and not well placed. Like the conversion from RHD to LHD was an afterthought.

As for the SEAT.... it rocked. It's a little slower off the line than the GTI (very little), but the steering felt quicker, and the brakes were better. The interior was up to VW group standards. The BMW was my favorite... a light little hatchback with a little torquey diesel motor. It was like a little RWD rollerskate.

I have taken a liking to small, light cars with quick steering, and as a result I will be test driving the new Ford Fiesta today.

The Ford Fiesta with a torquey engine would be a smash hit here.

WDWFREAK53

Here's the scoop.

Today, I went to the dealership (he was invoiced last week) to get the paperwork out of the way. (We have an online banking account due to the better interest rates and it takes 3-4 days to transfer to our checking account). I didn't want the car to arrive but not be able to pick it up for 3-4 days.

Anywho...when I ordered, the price came to $36,275.

33,430 2SS Group
1,200 RS Package
500 Inferno Orange Interior
395 White Factory Stripes
750 Destination

The invoice says that the MSRP for the car is $37,190.

Because it now looks like this:

33,430 2SS
1,200 RS
470 White Factory Stripes (GM Raised the price after I ordered)
325 Inferno Orange Premium Paint (GM made Inferno Orange a Premium Paint after I ordered)
470 20" Polished Aluminum rims
795 Destination (GM raised this after I ordered)

I have paperwork with the order (not the order workbench but the actual prices and terms we agreed on and signed showing the $36,275).

I go in today and tell them that I want the price we agreed on and I wasn't going to pay more for it. They said that they'd look into on Monday but they agreed with me that it didn't seem fair considering we already agreed on a price.

I ordered on a Saturday and they put my order in on a Tuesday. Somewhere between Saturday and Tuesday they screwed up my order. Their order workbench also shows the polished aluminum rims. (An added $470). The paperwork I signed did not have these rims on them. The car that is arriving has them.

What do I do???

I actually thought the polished looked nicer than the Midnight silver (which are included in the RS Package) but I didn't think they looked $470 better. (Plus I'm going aftermarket for my rims and planned on using the Midnight silver rims on my winter tires).

Since it's the dealership's screw up (and they know it is)...don't you think they should take the $470 off?

With all of these price changes, we're talking over $900.

IMO They should give me the car I ordered (as is) for the price we agreed on. $36,275. I already told them that I don't pay for paint and had I known it was an extra fee, I would not have ordered that color. The destination charge I'm not really TOO concerned about because it's more the shipping company making that call, not GM.

If they are not willing to do anything, I'm not accepting the order. I'll just re-order from a different dealership and stick it out again. They seem to be pumping out cars faster now.

DMC-12

Here's the scoop.

Today, I went to the dealership (he was invoiced last week) to get the paperwork out of the way. (We have an online banking account due to the better interest rates and it takes 3-4 days to transfer to our checking account). I didn't want the car to arrive but not be able to pick it up for 3-4 days.

Anywho...when I ordered, the price came to $36,275.

33,430 2SS Group
1,200 RS Package
395 White Factory Stripes
750 Destination

The invoice says that the MSRP for the car is $37,190.

Because it now looks like this:

33,430 2SS
1,200 RS
470 White Factory Stripes (GM Raised the price after I ordered)
325 Inferno Orange Premium Paint (GM made Inferno Orange a Premium Paint after I ordered)
470 20" Polished Aluminum rims
795 Destination (GM raised this after I ordered)

I have paperwork with the order (not the order workbench but the actual prices and terms we agreed on and signed showing the $36,275).

I go in today and tell them that I want the price we agreed on and I wasn't going to pay more for it. They said that they'd look into on Monday but they agreed with me that it didn't seem fair considering we already agreed on a price.

I ordered on a Saturday and they put my order in on a Tuesday. Somewhere between Saturday and Tuesday they screwed up my order. Their order workbench also shows the polished aluminum rims. (An added $470). The paperwork I signed did not have these rims on them. The car that is arriving has them.

What do I do???

I actually thought the polished looked nicer than the Midnight silver (which are included in the RS Package) but I didn't think they looked $470 better. (Plus I'm going aftermarket for my rims and planned on using the Midnight silver rims on my winter tires).

Since it's the dealership's screw up (and they know it is)...don't you think they should take the $470 off?

With all of these price changes, we're talking over $900.

IMO They should give me the car I ordered (as is) for the price we agreed on. $36,275. I already told them that I don't pay for paint and had I known it was an extra fee, I would not have ordered that color. The destination charge I'm not really TOO concerned about because it's more the shipping company making that call, not GM.

If they are not willing to do anything, I'm not accepting the order. I'll just re-order from a different dealership and stick it out again. They seem to be pumping out cars faster now.

Sounds like a plan Bri. Stick to your guns. They jacked the price.. and gave you rims you didnt ask for. You are on solid legal ground... them... ehhhh.. notsomuch. :lol:

DMC-12

FYI, Brian... I know a couple of guys who refused delivery of the CTS-Vs they ordered... because either the dealer, or the factory installed the front license plate mount... when they were NOT supposed to. (eh.. it kinda ruins the look of the front end). These guys even SPECIFIED... "you drill a hole in my front bumper.. and I will refuse delivery". :lol::hammer:

I think the dealer wound up ordering one whole new V front fascia for one guy, and the dealer ate the cost. And the other guy just walked away.. cause the dealer sucked anyway. So yeah.. its your right to .. and get what you ordered damnit! LOL :lol: :king:

WDWFREAK53

Sounds like a plan Bri. Stick to your guns. They jacked the price.. and gave you rims you didnt ask for. You are on solid legal ground... them... ehhhh.. notsomuch. :lol:

Well, that's the thing... the DEALER didn't jack the price...GM did. The only thing that the dealer did wrong was order the car with the upgraded rims.

I don't see them having a problem dropping the price to what we originally agreed on...because there are reports that GM is reimbursing the dealerships for cars that preordered under the original prices but the rims are another story. From what I've been reading on forums...if a dealer orders a car a specific way (and the car is selling for MSRP) they really can't just give the money off of the car. There are ways around it though such as ordering another part and giving it to me for nothing...or giving me vouchers on maintenance, etc.

If they tell me that they'll throw in the matching color engine cover and a year's worth of oil changes, I'll accept that.

MSRP on these cars is only $1100 over invoice so it's not like they are making a killing on them.

I'll know more on Monday.

EDIT: I also told them not to install the front plate holder and to not put their advertisement sticker on the back.

WDWFREAK53

Ok...the ongoing "WHERE THE (*&(^)@# IS MY CAR" caper.

Dealer just called.

1. Financing is all squared away. No problems.
2. They will give me the price protection on the car at the price that it was at the time I ordered it.
3. They can't give me the money off for the rims, but are willing to reimburse me in other ways (maintenance, accessories, parts, etc.)

So, I'm fine with that and I await the arrival. (They have been invoiced for 4 Camaros...and have received none.)

DMC-12

Ok...the ongoing "WHERE THE (*&(^)@# IS MY CAR" caper.

Dealer just called.

1. Financing is all squared away. No problems.
2. They will give me the price protection on the car at the price that it was at the time I ordered it.
3. They can't give me the money off for the rims, but are willing to reimburse me in other ways (maintenance, accessories, parts, etc.)

So, I'm fine with that and I await the arrival. (They have been invoiced for 4 Camaros...and have received none.)

Ok... fair enough... at least they are willing to make it up to you in some way! :D

Remember though no front plate... and no frikken billboard on the car either ! lol if they do... them tell them they can keep the car! :fork: :mad: :lol: :D

WDWFREAK53

Ok... fair enough... at least they are willing to make it up to you in some way! :D

Remember though no front plate... and no frikken billboard on the car either ! lol if they do... them tell them they can keep the car! :fork: :mad: :lol: :D

Yep, and I gotta say, I've never dealt with a dealership that has been such a pleasure to work with. I know this isn't their fault...they honestly don't know where the cars are. (I'm on several Camaro sites and this seems to be "normal").

He actually asked if I wanted to be there when they do the PDI on the car. He told me that I could even help give it its first wash if I wanted to. I kinda think they are just as excited about it as I am. They haven't even seen an SS.

Anybody put a 3M ClearBra on a car? Tina's car had the Autobahnd stuff and it worked great, the only problem is that dirt would build up on the edge of it and make it very noticeable. I'm thinking about doing it after the custom stripes go on.

DMC-12

Yep, and I gotta say, I've never dealt with a dealership that has been such a pleasure to work with. I know this isn't their fault...they honestly don't know where the cars are. (I'm on several Camaro sites and this seems to be "normal").

He actually asked if I wanted to be there when they do the PDI on the car. He told me that I could even help give it its first wash if I wanted to. I kinda think they are just as excited about it as I am. They haven't even seen an SS.

Anybody put a 3M ClearBra on a car? Tina's car had the Autobahnd stuff and it worked great, the only problem is that dirt would build up on the edge of it and make it very noticeable. I'm thinking about doing it after the custom stripes go on.

Buddy of mine had one on his V... LOVES it... its has saved his paint many a time according to him

WDWFREAK53

Buddy of mine had one on his V... LOVES it... its has saved his paint many a time according to him

Yeah, I've been reading great things online.

I'm not going through the dealer though...they want $600 for it. I'm sure I can get it done cheaper than that. The person doing my stripes (with all of the layout, materials, labor, etc.) is only charging me $300...so a pre-laid out kit shouldn't be $600.

WDWFREAK53

Guess what just pulled into the dealership?

I probably won't pick it up until Thursday though. Need to do the paperwork after work tomorrow...and then they need to get the plates, registration, insurance binder, etc.

Attachments

• Mine02.jpg
    Mine02.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Mine01.jpg
    Mine01.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4

DMC-12

Guess what just pulled into the dealership?

I probably won't pick it up until Thursday though. Need to do the paperwork after work tomorrow...and then they need to get the plates, registration, insurance binder, etc.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Yeah, he said I may be able to drive it home tomorrow. He's going to see if he can match the interest rate I got on my own. If he can, "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of TODAY!"

(I think he's as excited about it as I am).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom