WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

wdw71fan

A single day pass for a Six Flags park averages 63$ , per day, per person..

If you don't think the product that Disney offers (or universal for that matter) is worth 26$ more per day.. Then you are being unrealistic.

Hate the game, not the player.

Clever Name

How the heck would that work? Do I have to identify before I buy my AP which parks I will spend what amount of time at? :shrug:

Not at all. It would work much in the same way that current AP’s work. The highest price AP’s would be unlimited but lower priced AP’s would have blackout dates, time restrictions, day of the week restrictions, parking restrictions, discount limitations and some might put a limit on the number of days you would be allowed to visit the MK or EPCOT during the year.

Each AP would be priced differently based upon the premiums you desired to buy. For example there might be an AP that would exclude all visits on weekends. Experienced guests know that weekends at the MK are to be avoided due to large crowds. Also, rewards could be built into each AP. For example, if you visited AK 20 times during the year and actually forced yourself to attend the Nemo show 20 times (or some other equally horrible entertainment), you would get a discount applied to your AP that could be used to buy another AP for the next year.

A lot of viable options exist for an AP that would be priced scaled based upon levels of premiums and visitation patterns. :wave:

captainkidd

A single day pass for a Six Flags park averages 63$ , per day, per person..

If you don't think the product that Disney offers (or universal for that matter) is worth 26$ more per day.. Then you are being unrealistic.

Hate the game, not the player.

Again, how many people buy 1 day tickets to Disney?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Again, how many people buy 1 day tickets to Disney?
It is a real rip off. We are going next week to Florida for a beach week and we tacked on 3 nights at BLT at the end. Our plan is to just go to MK for 2 days so I got 2 day passes which are really just two 1 day passes. The savings kick in around 4 or 5 days. This was really smart on Disneys part since if you are there for a week a 7 day pass is about the same as a 4 but a 4 day pass plus a 3 day at Universal and/or Sea World is a lot more so they figure you may just skip the others and spend food and other money on property. It cost me about $500 for a family of 4 and the 2 year old is free. For a few hundred more we could go for 7 nights.

If you have ever been to six flags you really only want to be there 1 day. For me not even that. Disney and Universal are light years ahead. Locally the only thing that comes close is Hershey Park. who can resist the Hershey's kiss shaped street lights and the ride through the chocolate factory.

Captain Chaos

If you have ever been to six flags you really only want to be there 1 day. For me not even that. Disney and Universal are light years ahead. Locally the only thing that comes close is Hershey Park. who can resist the Hershey's kiss shaped street lights and the ride through the chocolate factory.

I dunno. I know a lot of people who go to the local Six Flags more than 1 time a season. I know I do. That is why I buy a season pass which is only a few bucks more than a 1 day ticket.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure with Six Flags you're referring to. I've been a season pass holder at 2 different Six Flags. One was for $55 for the entire season (April to October), the other was for $65 for the season (March to October).
Probably Great Adventure. The rack rate is around $60. The annual pass is only a few bucks more so almost always worth it, but they hit you up for something crazy like $20 for parking. Maybe it's free with the annual pass. If you get a coke can locally you usually get half off the admission but not on weekends. Definitely way cheaper than Disney, but for me not as nearly as good. The place is packed and they definitely do pretty well financially so what do I know.

misterID

There is a stark difference between saying there has been a history or currently is greed and saying the American way is one of greed. You can try to downplay the truth all you want, but it's comments like yours that help to foster a hatred of this country that results in tragedy.

Grow up. If you can't see the forest for the trees, that's your problem.

Captain Chaos

Probably Great Adventure. The rack rate is around $60. The annual pass is only a few bucks more so almost always worth it, but they hit you up for something crazy like $20 for parking. Maybe it's free with the annual pass. If you get a coke can locally you usually get half off the admission but not on weekends. Definitely way cheaper than Disney, but for me not as nearly as good. The place is packed and they definitely do pretty well financially so what do I know.

Do not forget, Six Flags LOWERED the Season pass price this year even though opening several new rides this year and a massively popular coaster last year... Last year's Season Pass was 90 bucks.. This year it is 65 or there abouts...

ParentsOf4

It is a real rip off. We are going next week to Florida for a beach week and we tacked on 3 nights at BLT at the end. Our plan is to just go to MK for 2 days so I got 2 day passes which are really just two 1 day passes. The savings kick in around 4 or 5 days. This was really smart on Disneys part since if you are there for a week a 7 day pass is about the same as a 4 but a 4 day pass plus a 3 day at Universal and/or Sea World is a lot more so they figure you may just skip the others and spend food and other money on property. It cost me about $500 for a family of 4 and the 2 year old is free. For a few hundred more we could go for 7 nights.
Disney seems to be slowly changing their pricing strategy on longer stays. Only a few years ago each day past 5 days was only $4/day. Now it's $10/day. Still a lot cheaper than spending 5 days at WDW and 2 days at UO but it's now no longer the "no brainer" it once used to be. Previously, I would purchase the extra day and not worry if I used it. Now, I'll purchase only what I'm sure I need and then upgrade at guest services if I need another day or two.

Californian Elitist

Yeah, I've been to Great Adventure a few times. A Six Flags season pass gets you in free at all the Six Flags parks (imagine if a WDW AP got you in free to DL) but I do remember that parking was steep and I couldn't use my "home" parking pass.

Well there is an annual pass that gets you into both American Disney resorts.

ParentsOf4

Well there is an annual pass that gets you into both American Disney resorts.
Yes, the Premier Passport costs $849 for everyone ages 3 and older. My Six Flags season pass costs $65. Don't get me wrong, WDW is WAY better but that is a pretty huge price difference. Six Flags has been holding the price steady for season passes for years. If Six Flags can hold the price, why can't Disney?

Californian Elitist

Yes, the Premier Passport costs $849 for everyone ages 3 and older. My Six Flags season pass costs $65. Don't get me wrong, WDW is WAY better but that is a pretty huge price difference. Six Flags has been holding the price steady for season passes for years. If Six Flags can hold the price, why can't Disney?

Trust me, I know how you feel! My Universal Studios Hollywood pass cost me $80 and I can go everyday for a whole year and a half, let alone a year. I definitely love Disneyland more but USH is great too and I love it there, not to mention it's MUCH more affordable.

happykid25

they making a 3 year old that cant even go on half of rides or remember much, THE SAME PRICE AS ADULTS. thats just wrong

A children's AP went up from $478 to $574 for anyone not living in Florida. I don't know where you come from, but in my neck of the woods, a $96 increase in 1 year is a bit absurd.

I've been thinking about the kids pricing on APs, and I don't mind the pricing being the same for a kid and adult pass. And I have two kids. One who is 6 and the other 1.

We have had annual passes for the last 4 years and take great advantage of them (and we are out of state). My 6 year old gets way more out of his admission then I do or my parents when they travel with us. There are a few rides he can't go on and a few he won't go on, but that doesn't mean he isn't getting a full day of entertainment out of his tickets.

And remember all those "dreaded meet-n-greets" that everyone complains about on here? Who, in general, is in line for those? Those kids who can't or won't go on the big rides (and my 1 year old who couldn't get enough of Pooh & Tigger in Great Britain this year). Who is really enjoying the ex-Kim Possible or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom? Who is the bulk of the new Fantasyland aimed at? Who is playing in the playgrounds or the spray areas? I just think when we are talking about Disney Theme Parks, I think it is pretty ridiculous to say that my kid can't ride "half the rides," which is a gross overstatement, when there are so many other entertainment options available along with the general ambiance which can be enjoyed by all, and many things which are mostly enjoyed by the the 3-9 crowd.

Also, there are many adults who can't go on many of the height restricted rides or even some of the non-restricted rides because of health issues, yet they still pay full price. Or how about the adults who choose to bypass the "kiddie rides" because they are traveling sans kids or any ride for whatever reason? I guess I just don't think, at Disney, the ticket pricing should be different as I don't see it as "thrill ride" based entertainment. I'll probably be hated for saying this, but I don't think the MYW ticket pricing should be different either.

My big issue is with the pricing this year is the huge increase in the cost for those kids tickets. (We actually just got new passes in April so we aren't immediately effected by this increase thankfully). I just think it should have been a bit more gradual as opposed to the immediate $100 leap. As a consumer, I wouldn't feel as unsettled about the pricing had they kept the adult pricing the same this year and just matched the kids to that, then next year raised both together.

Just my thoughts.

captainkidd

My big issue is with the pricing this year is the huge increase in the cost for those kids tickets. (We actually just got new passes in April so we aren't immediately effected by this increase thankfully). I just think it should have been a bit more gradual as opposed to the immediate $100 leap. As a consumer, I wouldn't feel as unsettled about the pricing had they kept the adult pricing the same this year and just matched the kids to that, then next year raised both together.

Just my thoughts.

I'm in agreement with you there. I don't have a big problem with all the tickets costing the same. If nothing, at least people can't lie to take advantage of the system.

But as you said, the huge increase all at once is a bit much to swallow.

hrcollectibles

Sure the ticket increase is $1 more than the Universal Studios increase, but it costs $15 to park at Universal and $14 to park at a Disney Park. So it does actually cost the same to visit one Disney Park as it does to visit one Universal park...:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom