WDW Permits 2016

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A South Florida Water Management District permit was file for an expansion of the bus maintenance facility in the South Service Area.

upload_2016-10-21_7-49-33.png

upload_2016-10-21_7-49-47.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A South Florida Water Management District permit was filed for new modular buildings next to an employee parking lot near Epcot. I don't quite understand this one since these buildings have been there for years, see the second picture. I assume the current ones are being removed and larger ones installed.

upload_2016-10-21_7-53-4.png

upload_2016-10-21_7-54-0.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

roj2323

There were four permits filed by Boyer Building Corporation that expire about a year from now for work on rooms at four different hotels. Three of the permits just say "General Conditions" which could be anything, but the one for Caribbean Beach Resort says "Room Rehab".

BEACH CLUB
Beach Hotel - Contractor General Conditions

CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT
Building #3400, #3500, #3600, #3700, #3800, #3900, #2400, #2500, #2600, #3100, #3200, #3300, #4100, #4200, #4300, #4400, #4500, #4600, #5100, #5200, #5300, #5400, #5500, #5600 - Room Rehab

GRAND FLORIDIAN
Main Building, Building #5 Sago Cay, Building #8 Sugar Loaf Key, Building #7 Conch Key, Building #8, Boca Chica, Building #9 Big Pine Key - Contractors General Conditions

POLYNESIAN
Building #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8 - Contractors General Conditions

"General conditions" should be carpet, wallpaper and paint mostly. (Think the hallways and other communal areas) There might be some tile or wood repair thrown in as well but anything more than a repair will likey get a separate permit.

Edit: Tom has told us this is incorrect

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
"General conditions" should be carpet, wallpaper and paint mostly. (Think the hallways and other communal areas) There might be some tile or wood repair thrown in as well but anything more than a repair will likey get a separate permit.

General Conditions are the Division 1 categories. Costs that the General Contractor incurs, but have no value to the end product. Office trailer, port-o-jons, supervision, dumpsters, copies, drawings, office supplies, fences and enclosures, and so on. The things you need to run a project, but aren't Incorporated.

This likely means Boyer is the Construction Manager and only holds a contract for their costs so far, and that subcontractors will be added later, after bidding.

roj2323

General Conditions are the Division 1 categories. Costs that the General Contractor incurs, but have no value to the end product. Office trailer, port-o-jons, supervision, dumpsters, copies, drawings, office supplies, fences and enclosures, and so on. The things you need to run a project, but aren't Incorporated.

This likely means Boyer is the Construction Manager and only holds a contract for their costs so far, and that subcontractors will be added later, after bidding.

Good to know.

Nobody's perfect, myself included.

LukeS7

The address is right next to a Typhoon Lagoon service entrance and there is what appears to be an electrical substation there.

TBI - To Be Installed, Implemented, Improved?

TL - Typhoon Lagoon

CG - ??
Central Grid possibly? (I know nothing about building/electrical terms, just a guess)

jt04

Apparently we are a bit behind here. Orlando Business Journal has found construction permits for SWL. Are these new?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Apparently we are a bit behind here. Orlando Business Journal has found construction permits for SWL. Are these new?

There have been a couple filed already for SWL over the past few months and I posted them in the DHS Permits an/or Star Wars land threads.

jt04

There have been a couple filed already for SWL over the past few months and I posted them in the DHS Permits an/or Star Wars land threads.

I think they may have uncovered something new which would match with what we are seeing from the satellite photos.

msteel

I think they may have uncovered something new which would match with what we are seeing from the satellite photos.

Then by all means, post a link or something so we can all tell what you are talking about.

ETA: Aha. You don't know what the story is about either because it's behind a paywall and you don't subscribe either. Never Mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom