Walt Disney Imagineering move Scott Trowbridge to a new dedicated Star Wars Studio at WDI

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@articos , what are Trowbridge's IoA credits?
Pretty much all of it. I believe he was largely the lead over at IOA. I know it was a big scalp to WDI to get him from Universal Creative.

We have not seen much from him since being at WDI, being locked away in R&D. I've been wondering when he would get to do something.

articos

@articos , what are Trowbridge's IoA credits?

Pretty much all of it. I believe he was largely the lead over at IOA. I know it was a big scalp to WDI to get him from Universal Creative.

We have not seen much from him since being at WDI, being locked away in R&D. I've been wondering when he would get to do something.
Yup, what Steve said. Scott was one of the project leads on UIOA overall. He was heavily on Spiderman, too. Trowbridge is very, very talented, and a great guy.

jdmdisney99

So if there is Star Wars for the parks on the horizon, would a May 4 announcement be possible or are we talking much further down the road?
If they announce something, I feel like they'll do it at Star Wars Weekends along with an SWVII announcement. I mean, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams there together for the first time?! Something big has to go down!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they announce something, I feel like they'll do it at Star Wars Weekends along with an SWVII announcement. I mean, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams there together for the first time?! Something big has to go down!

Probably a few of these will "go down"

colt-45-beer-can.jpg

He is still THE Man
Colt-45-Beer.jpg

doctornick

Aren't they doing stuff on May 4 for SW? There's at least dining going on that day in DHS.

Regardless, if not on May 4, then sometime during SWW. That's my question is whether there will be something official announced in the next month or so or are we talking about being months away.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Aren't they doing stuff on May 4 for SW? There's at least dining going on that day in DHS.

Regardless, if not on May 4, then sometime during SWW. That's my question is whether there will be something official announced in the next month or so or are we talking about being months away.
Maybe they will wait until the day Potterland 2 opens. Try to steal some thunder.

Kman101

I think anyone expecting Star Wars Land to be built overnight is crazy. Any announcement, even IF one is made this year, we wouldn't see anything for a couple of years because of their track record. I've always thought if they did make an announcement in 2014, it would put the land opening around 2019. 2017 or 2018 if we're lucky (LOL). And it's not like they haven't drawn up plans for a similar land before.

I really don't think anyone should expect anything to be built anytime soon, regardless of announcement (IF there is one). But let's be real, if they truly wanted to, they could have it built as fast as they wanted to. But they spread the costs over years.

Captain Neo

5 years? A bit of an exaggeration.

Oh really? Avatar was announced in 2011 it's 2014 and work has barely just begun for a vague 2017 opening. Cars Land plans were finalized in 2006, announced in 2007 and did not open until Summer 2012.

Even Wizarding World of Harry Potter didn't open until 3-4 years after the announcement was made and Universal is considered the fast one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom