Walking Around The Resorts..

DicksonGR

I will always remember my first exploration of AKL in 2004. When we got there it was nighttime and we were all shattered from a 10 hour flight and time difference, so it was straight to bed. The next morning from both excitement and jet lag, I was wide awake at about 4AM. I switched on the TV and this didn't go down well with my girlfriend (It lit up the room like day!) so I decided to go for a gander. I timed it perfectly. The sun was just coming up and there was not a soul in sight. I went down and saw the pool for the first time and the various animal enclosures and was free to roam and explore all by myself. I guess this is when I fell in love with the place ...

Much-Pixie-Dust

Visited the week after Thanksgiving last year, and we took a day to visit as many resorts as possible to see the holiday decorations. We made it to several resorts. Out of 6 trips, that was one of my most favorite days ever at WDW.

pixargal

My favorite walk at a Disney resort is when you get off the boat at the Wilderness Lodge boat dock at night. You walk along the boardwalk, it's dark and the lanterns are lit. The huge oak and cypress trees are draped with Spanish moss. You can hear the water lapping against the pylons of the boardwalk, it is so peaceful. And then, all of a sudden, you round the corner and the majesty of the Wilderness Lodge comes into view. It makes my soul sing

disney magic 06

My favorite walk at a Disney resort is when you get off the boat at the Wilderness Lodge boat dock at night. You walk along the boardwalk, it's dark and the lanterns are lit. The huge oak and cypress trees are draped with Spanish moss. You can hear the water lapping against the pylons of the boardwalk, it is so peaceful. And then, all of a sudden, you round the corner and the majesty of the Wilderness Lodge comes into view. It makes my soul sing

That made my tummy go a bit! A very good description :)

I love walking round all the resorts, we always take time out to explore our own resort and a couple of others during our trips. All are lovely, some just more magical than others - my faves are WL and AKL.

Skibum1970

I love walking around POR, especially at night. The path between POR and POFQ is a lovely walk, too.

This. On my last two trips which only gave one day at Magic Kingdom, I made time to walk at PORS at night. One loop from the mansions through Alligator Bayou. Past the water wheel. That's a great walk. Relaxing, beautiful, and always enjoyable.

I also find Wilderness great at night. Looking at the lobby from outside beyond the pool. Walking the wooden walkway to the boat launches. Walking through the lobby at night and just anywhere I can. That place absolutely relaxes me.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I will always remember my first exploration of AKL in 2004. When we got there it was nighttime and we were all shattered from a 10 hour flight and time difference, so it was straight to bed. The next morning from both excitement and jet lag, I was wide awake at about 4AM. I switched on the TV and this didn't go down well with my girlfriend (It lit up the room like day!) so I decided to go for a gander. I timed it perfectly. The sun was just coming up and there was not a soul in sight. I went down and saw the pool for the first time and the various animal enclosures and was free to roam and explore all by myself. I guess this is when I fell in love with the place ...
Whit!!!:eek: ...10 hour flight from Glasgow...Did you stop off at New York for lunch..;)

mickey2008.1

Been to a lot of resorts, values. mods, and deluxes. And they all have their own appeal resort wise. But ny two favorites are CBD and POLY. Now here is why. CBR has an island, which has hammocks, many flowers, a little hut with a bench, great water views, and a trip to port royale. Now POLY, you need to take in the whole place, not just the lobby, which is pretty cool. The pool bar at night, fire works on the beach, walk around towards SOA, great lighting at night; same with the pathways, so much to see. A castle in the distance, the Contemporary or Grand Floridian glowing on the water. All resorts have something special while walking around, even POP we loved, all those quirky props. POFQ, walk out to what they call a river, or a view of a golf course. Any where at WDW takes me away to a different place, and that is all I care about.

WV_Jayola

Maybe it speaks to my love of pop culture, but I've always enjoyed late night walks around POP Century's grounds with my son. Every trip we get out and just start exploring...reading the signs relating significant events from different years, taking pictures of the various oversized icons, dancing on the big keyboard. Just the thoughts of those nights brings a huge smile to my face, and speaks to me as being a very DISNEY experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom