Walking Around The Resorts..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
You know when I first arrived at CBR on my first Disney vacation.I loved strolling around the resort,and likewise at POFQ. But before booking PORS I read lots of comments from people saying its a huge resort with too much walking involved.I had this image of this gigantic sprawling village spread out over several acres.Turns out I love just strolling thro the grounds especially first thing in the morning..Now I know there will be people with walking disabilities that prefer a small resort ground,i understand that,but for all you other folks,which resort ground do you love walking around and taking in its beauty.;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You know when I first arrived at CBR on my first Disney vacation.I loved strolling around the resort,and likewise at POFQ. But before booking PORS I read lots of comments from people saying its a huge resort with too much walking involved.I had this image of this gigantic sprawling village spread out over several acres.Turns out I love just strolling thro the grounds especially first thing in the morning..Now I know there will be people with walking disabilities that prefer a small resort ground,i understand that,but for all you other folks,which resort ground do you love walking around and taking in its beauty.;)
Coronado (cause it means i am home )

MouseDreaming

I like walking around POR and POFQ, especially at night. This past trip, DD had some trouble sleeping so I took her on a stroll around the paths at 1 AM, and I'm glad I did. It was just beautiful. The courtyards of the building we stayed in Oak Manor, had really pretty lights on the fountain, and some of the landscaping. Louis Armstrong was playing on the evening breeze. And, with the exception of a few people out for a smoke, we had the place to ourselves. It was really a magical moment.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We did some resort hopping this past trip and just fell in love with the poly! It was both beautiful and relaxing at the same time.
I visited the poly last year and wasn't that over impressed..By that I mean the entrance concierge didn't take my breath away like I thought it would.The white sandy beach was nice and we took the boat over to MK...But in all honesty it just didn't do anything for me..

Figgy1

Premium Member
I visited the poly last year and wasn't that over impressed..By that I mean the entrance concierge didn't take my breath away like I thought it would.The white sandy beach was nice and we took the boat over to MK...But in all honesty it just didn't do anything for me..
Maybe it was better with a few Lapu Lapus but I liked the place before thato_O

MouseDreaming

We walked around there on a past trip, and like you weren't thinking Wow, this is what we've been missing! Didn't care for Capt. Cook's either. Maybe @figmentfan423 is on to something with the Lapu Lapu's. :rolleyes:

Zman-ks

From what I've read,everything is better after a few Lapu Lapus..But there's no way I'am getting into a grass skirt.Thats @mrdismans area..LOL;)
75.gif

Me neither :p

Spikerdink

Since I have been DVC, my favorite resort to walk around is Wilderness...all the way over to Fort Wilderness.

Before I was DVC, I fell in love with Dixie Landings....er, Port Orleans. Someday (when I have lotsa money) I will go for a week and just enjoy the great scenery around the resort.

epcotisbest

We like the whole Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin area for walks and stops at Beaches and Cream. we also enjoy the WL area. Can spend hours there just enjoying the lobby and grounds of WL. The majority of our strolling is usually Downtown Disney and the loop over to SSR, nice circular walk around the lake, but read recently part of it is closed for Disney Springs construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom