'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

YodaMan

Any word on testing for Guardians or Constantine? Will this event really be the first time they come out? Surely not, right? I've met almost everyone else that's a face out at Epcot, but have heard nothing about those guys rehearsing yet

asianway

Any word on testing for Guardians or Constantine? Will this event really be the first time they come out? Surely not, right? I've met almost everyone else that's a face out at Epcot, but have heard nothing about those guys rehearsing yet
They won't be

Magic Feather

Does anyone know what will be featured in Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse? Because DPB posted that it may be too intense for young children, and since I will be attending with 2 young-ish kids, I'd like to know what's scary to run it by them.
Thanks,
—C

CaptainShortty

They won't be rehearsing with the general public prior to the event.

BrerJon

There was a Disney Afternoon party today at Epcot; Darkwing, Launchpad, Scrooge, Baloo, and Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers were all there. These appearances are not related to the Villains event.

Wow, that sounds great, I'd love to meet those. Do you have any more info? Was this an organised private event D23 style, character performer rehearsals at World Showplace that happened to use the old characters, or something general guests could attend? I'm intrigued.

berlioz70

Wow, that sounds great, I'd love to meet those. Do you have any more info? Was this an organised private event D23 style, character performer rehearsals at World Showplace that happened to use the old characters, or something general guests could attend? I'm intrigued.

Cast Member recognition event for Epcot Entertainment Cast.

BrerJon

Cast Member recognition event for Epcot Entertainment Cast.

It's a shame that things like having those characters are seen as only being sensible at an event like that, when the audience is guaranteed to be more hardcore Disney fans than the average guest. I can see the logic, no kid from Brazil is going to recognise Launchpad etc., but it's still a shame.

Nostalgia is big business right now, and Disney have really missed a trick on the Disney Afternoon front. They should have been going mad for Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers about five years ago, but although 90s nostalgia is still big, that ship is close to sailing.

If they did a 'childhood heroes' event with all the Disney things from different generations that people liked when they were kids that didn't really go on - they'd make a fortune. So you could have Mouseketeers, Disney Afternoon characters, old Playhouse Disney characters etc. Throw in MGM's old Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles characters and it'd be a sell-out!

Simba062711

It's a shame that things like having those characters are seen as only being sensible at an event like that, when the audience is guaranteed to be more hardcore Disney fans than the average guest. I can see the logic, no kid from Brazil is going to recognise Launchpad etc., but it's still a shame.

Nostalgia is big business right now, and Disney have really missed a trick on the Disney Afternoon front. They should have been going mad for Duck Tales and Rescue Rangers about five years ago, but although 90s nostalgia is still big, that ship is close to sailing.

If they did a 'childhood heroes' event with all the Disney things from different generations that people liked when they were kids that didn't really go on - they'd make a fortune. So you could have Mouseketeers, Disney Afternoon characters, old Playhouse Disney characters etc. Throw in MGM's old Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles characters and it'd be a sell-out!

My Son is three and just recently introduced him to Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Man does he love them. Tried Darkwing Duck, not as popular but he still goes around the house saying "Darkwing Duck, Lets get dangerous".. Memories past, Memories present and sure Memories future

Matt_Black

Well, if the Rescue Rangers live action movie does well (or at least well enough), then I predict that Disney will further dig in the nostalgia mine. One caveat though- if they try ANYTHING with Gargoyles without the involvement of Greg Weisman, then it had best be nothing short of EXCELLENT.

dreamfinder

It's a shame that things like having those characters are seen as only being sensible at an event like that, when the audience is guaranteed to be more hardcore Disney fans than the average guest.

Take up running. I've seen all of those characters at runDisney events in the last few years. I have a pic with Chip, Dale, (Both in RR outfits) and Darkwing all at once.

Matt_Black

Take up running. I've seen all of those characters at runDisney events in the last few years. I have a pic with Chip, Dale, (Both in RR outfits) and Darkwing all at once.

Here's the $1 million question- what do I need to do if I want to meet Goliath? Besides pray for a miracle, I mean.

BrerJon

Well, if the Rescue Rangers live action movie does well (or at least well enough), then I predict that Disney will further dig in the nostalgia mine. One caveat though- if they try ANYTHING with Gargoyles without the involvement of Greg Weisman, then it had best be nothing short of EXCELLENT.

It had completely passed me by that a Rescue Rangers movie was in the works. That's excellent news! No doubt it will be a terrible movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks style, and marketed at toddlers instead of being a for all-ages Muppets approach that it should be, but at least someone's giving it a go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom