Village Haus at Disneyland changing into the Red Rose Taverne

TP2000

I despise overlays. Inviting curtains? Will Hermione serve me the food? If not, pass.

Inviting curtains.

From the cubicle geniuses at the Parks Blog... "and draped with inviting curtains, each room of Red Rose Taverne tells a different chapter of the tale as old as time." https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xperiences-in-fantasyland-at-disneyland-park/

What the heck does that even mean? Curtains are inviting? It's four months too early for the college interns to be taking over the Parks Blog for the summer. Since tenured blogger Erin Glover has the byline here, I have to assume it was written by her. Inviting curtains. I can't wait to see these things! I may have to stop into the Village Haus this spring, even though it smells bad in there and the burgers are gross.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Full Menu- no prices

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...taverne-opens-february-24-at-disneyland-park/

Grey Stuff Gateau – A white chocolate mousse and red velvet cake with a sweet raspberry center.

upload_2017-2-21_16-34-29.png

Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich – A grilled cauliflower steak, spicy lime aioli, tempura-battered green beans, lettuce and tomato on a toasted roll.

upload_2017-2-21_16-34-50.png

dweezil78

Full Menu- no prices

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...taverne-opens-february-24-at-disneyland-park/

Grey Stuff Gateau – A white chocolate mousse and red velvet cake with a sweet raspberry center.

View attachment 191044

Enchanted Cauliflower Sandwich – A grilled cauliflower steak, spicy lime aioli, tempura-battered green beans, lettuce and tomato on a toasted roll.

View attachment 191045

Wow. That cauliflower sandwich looks like something you'd find on Reddit in their /r/sh!ttyfoodp0rn section. Even the description is kind of nauseating. You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I'm not the biggest Beauty and the Beast fan. Was this something from the movie/story? I know about the Grey Stuff, but not so much anything related to cauliflower, cauliflower steak, or cauliflower sandwiches.

Curious Constance

Californian Elitist

Wow. That cauliflower sandwich looks like something you'd find on Reddit in their /r/sh!ttyfoodp0rn section. Even the description is kind of nauseating. You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I'm not the biggest Beauty and the Beast fan. Was this something from the movie/story? I know about the Grey Stuff, but not so much anything related to cauliflower, cauliflower steak, or cauliflower sandwiches.

Agreed, I gagged when I read the description. I'd rather eat one of Disney's horrible beef burgers than eat that.

Figments Friend

I would try it...as I tend to like 'different' menu options.
Some of the tastiest things I have had at Disneyland have been enjoyed by trying my luck with such 'oddball' menu items.

Take the Green Tomato Sandwich that used to be over at The Hungry Bear Restaurant.
Most people would find the very description of it to be a little nauseating.
But MAN...it was absolutely mouth wateringly delicious!
I miss it..

-

Antaundra

Why are people so opposed to the cauliflower sandwich? I think it sounds like a delicious vegetarian option. I'm not a vegetarian so it isn't my first choice of what I'd like to try off that menu, but I don't think it sounds particularly bad.

gsrjedi

I'm interested to see how that grey stuff gateau turns out. I really like the version at Be Our Guest. The chicken sandwich is the only thing that sounds really intriguing to me.

dweezil78

Why are people so opposed to the cauliflower sandwich? I think it sounds like a delicious vegetarian option. I'm not a vegetarian so it isn't my first choice of what I'd like to try off that menu, but I don't think it sounds particularly bad.

I'm not opposed to it in theory. It's just that the photo (and description) is not very appealing IMO and usually what you see in person is several notches below the photo. :D

TP2000

View attachment 191045

Wow, that looks really disgusting. The description of it makes it seem even worse.

In a theme park with 50,000 people in it, they'll sell a half dozen of these per day. And five of those customers probably won't be happy about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom