1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Village Haus at Disneyland changing into the Red Rose Taverne

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Emmanuel, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Active Member

Disney has just announced that the Village Haus restaurant in Fantasyland will be turned into the "Red Rose Taverne" inspired by Beauty and the Beast.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xperiences-in-fantasyland-at-disneyland-park/

Red Rose Taverne – This dining location at the northwest edge of Fantasyland will magically transform from Village Haus Restaurant into a lively French taverne, with delicious quick-service meals perfect for all ages! Adorned with beautiful murals depicting favorite scenes from Disney’s animated feature, “Beauty and the Beast,” and draped with inviting curtains, each room of Red Rose Taverne tells a different chapter of the tale as old as time. The menu will transform as well, featuring some of your favorite tastes with a French taverne-inspired twist, as well as new signature beverages. We’ll have details to share on these delicious additions soon – and yes, you will be able to try our own version of the Grey Stuff.

2. dweezil78

dweezil78 Well-Known Member

Looks like it is just a limited time only thing to promote the new live action movie -- Village Haus is not going away!

3. Andrew C

Andrew C You know what's funny? Premium Member

the food should go away....

brb1006, Bacon, rle4lunch and 6 others like this.
  4. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

Fun! I will be there the start of March hopefully it will be up and running.

5. RandomPrincess

RandomPrincess Keep Moving Forward Premium Member

It says Gaston will be out and about in FL too. I wonder if that is what the advertisement was for.

6. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

When I first read this I thought it was going to be something more elaborate and immersive. Oh well.

brb1006, Erich and Nothsa like this.
  7. britain

britain Well-Known Member

Let me tell you, I was really impressed with how much of an oasis the Village Haus is. So low-key, with cozy booths for tired kids to fall asleep on at the end of the day. Quaint amber lighting everywhere, very grateful for it. I hope it goes back to normal when this is over.

brb1006, Rich T, CHOX and 3 others like this.
  8. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the Village House, too.
    Love the design of the place...the great artwork on the walls inside, the ambiance, lighting, etc.
    The food is decent too if you order certain dishes ( cheddar and apple salad = yum ).
    There are several semi-private like cozy spots to be found there...and it's a swell spot to escape the mayhem of the crowds ( except lunchtime..stay away! ).

It will be interesting to see how they manage to temporarily change the interior decor themed to 'Pinocchio' to 'Beauty & the Beast'.
    Also hoping this is indeed temporary.

-

brb1006 and CHOX like this.
  9. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

While I'm not a fan of the food at Village Haus, with the exception of the salad, I love the ambiance and the restaurant itself. I'm happy this is temporary.

Looking forward to trying the food.

10. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

Love the Village Haus...food is ok depending on our mood. Actually like what they are doing, think of it as a simplified version of Be Our Guest...with the Grey Stuff. Will have to give it a try.

brb1006 and raven24 like this.
  11. CHOX

CHOX New Member

The Village Haus has been my go to ever since a tired Grad Night way back when.

12. Rich T

Rich T Well-Known Member

Why don't they just call it "Gaston's"? Come to think of it, why don't they permanently turn it into Gaston's? Unless, of course, they're still planning a B&B area (Beauty & the Beast, that is, not bed & breakfast in the park... although I'm sure that's a $1,000 upcharge concept they'll try sooner or later...)

13. Erich

Erich Member

Hopefully they keep the flatbread...

14. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

If they are going to retheme it how about making it the Snuggly Duckling from Tangled?

brb1006 and RandomPrincess like this.
  15. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

This is a retheme in the lightest sense of the word - extremely temporary. Should be back to Pinocchio by summer unless it's so overwhelmingly popular plans need to be reevaluated.

brb1006, Sped2424 and TheOrangeBird01 like this.
  16. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

It always smells gross in the Village Haus. And the burgers are really bad. I haven't been there in years and avoid it like the plague. That won't change by hanging new curtains and calling it a "Taverne" for a couple months.

17. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

So it is just a movie overlay. Got it.

18. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

Village Haus and Hungry Bear were my favorite DL restaurants as a kid. What happens to the existing murals?

19. GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams Member

Put a Snuggly Duckling and Tangled darkride in DCA where Trattoria and SF bathrooms are.

20. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

How does that fit the theme of that area? You might as well put a Tangled dark ride in Carsland.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017