VIDEO - A look at the costumes for the new Fantasyland expansion

ToTBellHop

Wow! I hope they keep all of these costumes (a vast departure from the attitude that Frontierland/Adventureland and the rest of Fantasyland/Tomorrowland can have the same costumes).

They look great!

Timothy_Q

They all look great!

But I don't understand something. How can they create so many different costumes that fit into each different area of FLE, but at the same time put fantasyland and tomorrowland street vendors in the same outfit? Is there still a plan to change those once FLE opens or will they stay like this?

ToTBellHop

They all look great!

But I don't understand something. How can they create so many different costumes that fit into each different area of FLE, but at the same time put fantasyland and tomorrowland street vendors in the same outfit? Is there still a plan to change those once FLE opens or will they stay like this?
I would imagine the decision to have Fantasyland and Tomorrowland street venders having the same outfit was to save money for the park overall, whereas the FLE is a well-funded project, and so they plan 6 different costumes for the guys and girls. Who knows if the park will continue to fund production of all of those costumes in the years that follow...so often, Imagineering comes up with something awesome that the park operators get rid of a year or two later...

phi2134

I love how the cartoon models for all of the drawings were in perfect shape and had waists skinnier than my thigh :lol:

HMButler79

As much as I loathe this project and it's underwhelmingess, I am schocked they went all out for the costumes. And they are not unisex either! Very elaborate and detailed. The one that sruck me the most was the Belle's Village Merch. Hostess costume. That dress looks so Rocco-ish i don't know how many female CMs will put thiss off. Actually, I don't think alot of CMs will pull these looks off! Especially the Be Our Guest tights! :lookaroun

JungleTrekFan

They all look great!

I have heard from my friends in ODF that the tomorrowland/fantasyland costume is just a temporary fix till the Fantasyland Expansion opens. But ODF is separated to West and East. East is Tomorrowland and Fantasyland and West is Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland. So it makes sense to have one costume for East and one for West. Even though the East costume looks terribly out of show in fantasyland.

And not all ODF are wearing these costumes, most cast at the vending locations wear that lands Food and Beverage costume. The people wearing the new costume are people that go between the lands, ex. the cast that cooks and delivers the food to the carts. Also i believe the coordinators are wearing the new costumes as well.

Edit;
And I have to agree these costumes look beautiful and hope that they are kept. And since the merchandise cast are suppose to be merchants from inside the castle walls, they should just make all the merchandise locations wear the new costume. Personally, I just do not like the current Fantasyland costumes at all.

HMButler79

Now if only the exisiting FL costumes could get redone. Why they got rid of those Hostess peaseant dress costumes on both coasts baffles me. Yet, HKDL made a new version of it when they opened! :veryconfu

jt04

Looks like they are making the effort to create the old school layering of detail that has been neglected somewhat in recent years so that is good news.

The circus themed costumes are in keeping with what I think they are doing. Obviously Americana 'somewhere USA'. But where exactly? And when? I guess we will know very soon.

raven

Well, since they have been officially released, guess I can share what was given to me 6 months ago :animwink: Sorry about the low quality.

0618110035-1.jpg

0618110034d.jpg

0618110034c.jpg

0618110034b.jpg

0618110034a.jpg

0618110034.jpg

0618110033.jpg

HMButler79

So it looks like Belle Library Show and Mermaid will share same attraction costumes. Same for Merch.? Both films took place in the 1700s so I can see the designs fitting in both film settings.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I like the look of the costumes but what attracted my attention the most in the video was the art of Storybook Circus right behind Pam's head. The mystery tent at the back of Storybook Circus appears to be labeled on this art but it's to blurry to make out what it says.

ToTBellHop

I like the look of the costumes but what attracted my attention the most in the video was the art of Storybook Circus right behind Pam's head. The mystery tent at the back of Storybook Circus appears to be labeled on this art but it's to blurry to make out what it says.
Perhaps it's unrealistic that all of the girls in the drawings are about 110 lbs and the guys are about 150 lbs. That's a bit of a throwback to Walt's Disneyland...it'll be interesting to see how these form-fitting costumes fit folks who aren't quite Barbie- and Ken-sized. Or maybe they will only hire people with a BMI under 15 for the FLE.

ms7479a

I wonder if the rest of Fantasyland will recieve new costumes as well? They will seem very inadequate compared with these.

Captain Chaos

You are all missing the most important detail in that video... Look behind Beatty's head and to the right of the football helmet.. It is a box that he chocolate frogs are sold in... :lol:

6360244047_cd5ff7dfd4_z.jpg

Looks like someone was enjoying some Wizarding World... LOL...

celluloid

You are all missing the most important detail in that video... Look behind Beatty's head and to the right of the football helmet.. It is a box that he chocolate frogs are sold in... :lol:

Looks like someone was enjoying some Wizarding World... LOL...

Also the candy jars next to it were very Honeyduke like, only rotated with the logo facing the other way. Hahaha.

Captain Chaos

Also the candy jars next to it were very Honeyduke like, only rotated with the logo facing the other way. Hahaha.

You would think they would have made him remove them for the video shoot or shoot it from a different angle, but nope, left in perfect view... :ROFLOL:

Ahhh anyway, the costumes aren't bad... Nothing bad about them.. I think they fit the area just fine..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom