VIDEO - A look at the costumes for the new Fantasyland expansion

surfsupdon

Not one of those drawings looks like the average human being in this day and age. Very long, lean, and fit.

Wonder how they will look on the average employee. The colors look good and costumes are creative, but realistic models would help out more.

Just like sneakers--the examples they put out in stores are a size 8.....but when I ask for a 13 the graphics are distorted to fit the larger foot and the sneaker may not look as good as it did on the smaller sneaker.

JIMINYCR

You are all missing the most important detail in that video... Look behind Beatty's head and to the right of the football helmet.. It is a box that he chocolate frogs are sold in... :lol:

Looks like someone was enjoying some Wizarding World... LOL...

Sharp eyes. I was looking at the books on the book shelf and missed it. I haven't been to Universal since Harry Potter opened, the box was tipped so I couldn't see the frog label, I wouldn't have known.
Not surprising that Disney might be checking out the competitions merchandise so they can create something similar but tweaked to fit into the shops in and around Gaston's tavern. Any ideas about what WDW would be selling? Chip's cookies? Bell's bon bons?:slurp:

lazyboy97o

I find it odd that they specifically referenced the barker. While cast members will [hopefully] not be barking, it is a position that was deliberately excluded from Disneyland and does not help Disney's image in regard to merchandizing.

raven

I find it odd that they specifically referenced the barker. While cast members will [hopefully] not be barking, it is a position that was deliberately excluded from Disneyland and does not help Disney's image in regard to merchandizing.

It's for theaming purposes. They reflect the sideshow part of the old Circus life.

Bolna

Not one of those drawings looks like the average human being in this day and age. Very long, lean, and fit.

Wonder how they will look on the average employee. The colors look good and costumes are creative, but realistic models would help out more.

Just like sneakers--the examples they put out in stores are a size 8.....but when I ask for a 13 the graphics are distorted to fit the larger foot and the sneaker may not look as good as it did on the smaller sneaker.

Good point - I remember a discussion along the same lines last year when the new costumes for Star Tours II were announced. However, when I saw those costumes on the CMs when I was at WDW in October I thought they did look good - maybe even better than those fashion drawings which make those people look so unnatural. One would hope that when they actually let us see the drawings they are already that far in the design process that they have made them and tried them on real people already. I guess they have already ordered them since it won't be so long until we will see those costumes in the parks...

The one thing which I don't like, however, is that most of the female costumes are trousers and I think that does not really fit the theming. I would have liked to see more dresses and skirts.

Disneyboy17

You are all missing the most important detail in that video... Look behind Beatty's head and to the right of the football helmet.. It is a box that he chocolate frogs are sold in... :lol:

6360244047_cd5ff7dfd4_z.jpg

That's awful! Why on earth is this on his desk!!!!

Horizonsfan

Dumb from a marketing standpoint sure but not awful.

If you look back at some of the drawings for the area, lots of people have merchandise in their hands. WDI is probably trying to replicate to some extent the merchandise mania of WWoHP. Checking out the "merchandise" was probably part of their homework. :lol:

Plus, lots of Imagineers enjoy parks other than the one's who are writing their paychecks.

lazyboy97o

It's for theaming purposes. They reflect the sideshow part of the old Circus life.
Just because the Barker was part of it does not mean that Disney has to specifically reference the position.

Because despite what obsessive Disney fans like to think, the Imagineers are not like them. The best Imagineers realize there are other people out there doing great work, many of them former Imagineers.

ToTBellHop

Just because the Barker was part of it does not mean that Disney has to specifically reference the position.

Because despite what obsessive Disney fans like to think, the Imagineers are not like them. The best Imagineers realize there are other people out there doing great work, many of them former Imagineers.
Not for nothing, if Imagineers view WWoHP as something that was very well done and want to emulate its style in the FLE, I think that's a good thing. Disney used to be known for continuously producing projects of that quality. Then DinoRama was built and it went downhill.

Captain Chaos

Because it is his office and eh decorated it how he sees fit... I don't think it is a big deal... I just found it funny they allowed it to be in the shot/video... I actually love the idea of Imagineers enjoying other theme park creations....Can only help them grow...

RSoxNo1

6360244047_cd5ff7dfd4_z.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic.

jjharvpro

Costumes look great! Very pleasantly surprised to see different costumes for their specific areas in FLE! WDI, bring on more FLE videos, we're getting closer and closer to the first phased opening!!

TP2000

These uniforms look great!

At least in pictures on superskinny people who are either French fashion models or track & field stars with nearly-impossible body measurements.

I do have to wonder what these uniforms will look like on the more, um, rotund people who actually staff Disney theme parks in the 21st century. Especially all of those capri pants without hosiery. Only the restaurant servers seem to get proper white hosiery, everyone else is wearing short capri pants with bare legs and the CM's will then wear them with dingy gym socks from WalMart. :lol:

I can't wait to see this in real life! Lots of good potential here, if they keep the standards up with the CM's.

BigThunderMatt

The one thing which I don't like, however, is that most of the female costumes are trousers and I think that does not really fit the theming. I would have liked to see more dresses and skirts.

From a functionality standpoint, dresses and skirts just don't work as well. In operations, it's more of a safety issue with the loose fabric potentially getting caught in moving vehicles or walkways. Haunted Mansion is one of the few holdouts on this and I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has considering how overbearing Disney is about safety these days.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
These uniforms look great!

At least in pictures on superskinny people who are either French fashion models or track & field stars with nearly-impossible body measurements.

I do have to wonder what these uniforms will look like on the more, um, rotund people who actually staff Disney theme parks in the 21st century. Especially all of those capri pants without hosiery. Only the restaurant servers seem to get proper white hosiery, everyone else is wearing short capri pants with bare legs and the CM's will then wear them with dingy gym socks from WalMart. :lol:

I can't wait to see this in real life! Lots of good potential here, if they keep the standards up with the CM's.

Or else Danskins will be de rigueur. :eek:

Perhaps all new male cast members will be required to have a full time gym membership in order to fill those pants properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom