Value Resort during Value season (Jan/Feb 2014) (Moderate option on back burner)

Disney80

Original Poster
My first two trips I got a great deal upgrading from Pop to CBR...

If it's within a few hundred dollars, I think it's worth it, but that's my personal choice.

With respect to All Stars vs Pop, I've not stayed in the All Stars, but my sister has and I've walked the grounds...

I'd do Pop, for one primary reason. Busses.

1) It has it's own dedicated bus service (the All Stars share)
2) You can also use the AoA bus (very convenient after a long day at the parks, or if you want to eat at the AoA food court to try something different than Pop and then head out to the parks.

If you are not planning on using the busses, the benefits drop away, obviously.

But, if you can get a good deal on CBR or POFQ or POR...I'd do any of those resorts any day over the Values, with the exception of a family suite at AoA possibly...

We will be using the Disney busses. After all, we will be on vacation and my dad used to be a city bus driver in Montreal for 23 years so I'm sure he'd like to compare the busses back home with the ones at Disney. LOL!

I appreciate very much your responses.

Minthorne

I didn't mean it in a bad way at all...:oops: You are not bothering me, I was just making sure you read my updated message :confused:

Sorry about the confusion, any information is always welcomed ;)

Have a nice day!

Ahh, well then I'm also sorry for being internet sensitive :) I guess it is too easy to just take things the wrong way!

I've stayed at all stars in the long past (late 90's/early 00's) and they were fine back then. But the shared buses between the three of them, especially in the off seasons, is a draw back.
Pop Century (where I'm staying next week and have stayed twice before) is the best bang for the buck in the values. It has dedicated bus service and is very fine for the resort type it is. If you are sticking with value then I'd definitely go Pop!

Disney80

Original Poster
From what iv'e been reading it's about a 10-15 min walk from AOA TLM to the front. I don't know i guess it depends on the person. I'll be there Sunday aug 4th to the 10th. As far as you falling in love with tLM @AOA the walk might not bother you because you got it in your head that your in love with it meaning you would i'm sure block most of the hurt out from the disability because of your happiness of staying at the place you got in your mind that you love. Sorry sounds like a babble on & on lol

If you have time after you get back, would it be possible for you to let me know about AoA? That would help out a lot :angelic:

Disney80

Original Poster
So, showed Dad my findings that Mom and I discussed the weekend before and it looks we have a winner and that is the Pop :happy:

I am supposed to be calling on Thursday night to maybe book then. *fingers crossed*

couchpotatooo

Update on hotel status.... and updated thread title!

Last weekend, I showed my Mom the various options between Value and Moderate. We have ruled out (for now anyways) the Moderate option. I have yet to show my Dad but I'm sure he'll say «whatever your mother agrees to, that's fine with me...»:rolleyes:

Looks like it would be All-Stars (either Music or Movies) but they are «older» and I'm not so sure about it. Mom and I would love to go to AoA but Mermaid being so far back is kind of an issue for us.

I am thinking a good compromise is Pop Century. Price-wise (when I quoted it) it was about 10 bucks more than the AS so it's not that big of a deal.

Any opinions on Pop versus All-Stars? What section would you recommend at the Pop...

Again, I know the rooms are small and have double beds. We don't really mind as we have been in a RV mode for the past 23 years so we're used to maximize small spaces :hilarious:
My family has done Pop Twice and really really have liked over the other value resorts plus the busing and foodcourt is much better in my opinion. You don't have to share buses which is great.

wdisneyw2000

If you have time after you get back, would it be possible for you to let me know about AoA? That would help out a lot :angelic:
first off we loved the resort it was awesome & had a great time. Yes it took us about 10 to 15 min to walk up to the front. Although this may help we took our vehicles & drove up to the front & parked the rest of the week. So about a 5 minute walk to the vehicle to drive back then, many do it so i would go that route

pixiesteno

I have stayed at All Star Music for four separate trips spanning 21 days (March, September, January, June) and only shared a bus on four occasions. The rest of the time we had dedicated buses. Additionally at the All Stars you can grab a bus from one of the others and just walk(if walking is not an issue). I have also grabbed a bus for All Star sports and just figured that I would walk over to All Star Music and the driver just took us over to our resort. Long and short, I would not let "shared buses" impact your decision.

SDisney90

I just stayed at AllStar Sports this past January with no problems. I stayed in the football section of the resort first floor first room. 2 minute walk from the buses which FYI we had our own bus to the parks each day/night. One night we actually had to take a Coronado Springs bus back to the resort because we were the only ones in line for AllStar and they didn't want us to stand and wait at all.

To me, the resort doesn't matter. I'm there to enjoy Disney World not the resort. The bus issue, isn't an issue in January/February if you ask me. I'm thinking about upgrading to POP next January(already booked AllStar Sports again) but, we'll see as its not a big deal to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom