1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Upset with fastpass+ ?

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by disneygirl0206, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

You can book 3, it is the Tiers that are causing you the issue.

HRHPrincessAriel likes this.
  2. mintpint

mintpint New Member

Thanks for the info. I guess I have a real problem with the tiers, then. It really limits what you can count on doing when visiting the parks.

3. GoofGoof

GoofGoof Well-Known Member

The problem is ride capacity. The only 3 things at EPCOT that need FP are Soarin, Test Track and Frozestrom. Test Track and Frozen are lower capacity rides (Soarin is a little better now with the extra theater). Without the tiers everyone would be selecting the same 3 rides and all the guests staying on property would have them fully booked at 60 days out. With a park like MK there are so many rides that it's not an issue. Until they expand the number of headliner rides at EPCOT the tiers aren't going anywhere.

4. danheaton

danheaton Active Member

That's definitely the truth. I wouldn't be surprised to see tiers added to the Animal Kingdom once Pandora arrives too. They may want to spread out the FPs so everyone doesn't book the two Pandora rides.

Princess Leia and xdan0920 like this.
  5. EvilQueen-T

EvilQueen-T Well-Known Member

I totally feel your pain. Lately it only seems like disney listens to the few people who complain about things like Jasmines costume. Back when they switched to the new system and decided to go with giving 3 I asked and was told they did a survey and the average family used 1.5 fps per day so they doubled it. We use to use 6-8/day easy. I hate the tiers and how even after you've used your original 3 you can't pick a same experience again even if it's available. There are things we do more or less often depending on who we travel with so sometimes we just don't do things like turtle talk with crush kind of things.

6. NeedMoreMickey

NeedMoreMickey Well-Known Member

Just got back from a trip to Disneyland and it was so nice to send "the runner" for the fast passes. We did spend our 45 minute wait for Toy Story making our FP+ for our March trip to WDW.

7. HolleBolleGijs

HolleBolleGijs Well-Known Member

Have you tried to pick the same experience, after you used the first 3? I was able to get a second Soarin FP on the same day about 2 weeks ago.

8. xdan0920

xdan0920 Think for yourselfer Premium Member

I have also done this in the past. I guess it's possible that's changed, but I think we would have heard about it.

9. EvilQueen-T

Yes I've tried but it was in MK on Jan 13th. Tried to pick Space and then tried for Pirates. Available times popped up but then when I tried to pick it it said you've already done this experience.

10. EvilQueen-T

Weird. I even asked at guest relations and they basically read back when my phone was saying...that we've already had a fp for that experience that day.

11. dmatt87

dmatt87 Well-Known Member

Not only are they limiting the FP+ but now they are limiting the possibilities to do a great ride for a second time? That's a little far fetch IMO.

12. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

I believe you mean far-fetched.

[​IMG]

...and you are right, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Disney has made it so much easier to book 4th FP+ (e.g., because you don't have to go to a kiosk anymore) that the inventory may have become much more sparse.

xdan0920, EvilQueen-T and dmatt87 like this.
  13. Rider

Rider Well-Known Member

You are probably just doing it wrong somehow. I got 3 times for Soarin last weekend (1 original and 2 after using the others for Nemo and SSE).

Also fun fact you don't actually need to USE all 3 FP to get the 4th. If you only use 1 or 2 and let the others expire the app will prompt you to get an extra FP and it can be one of the rides you already used FP on earlier that day. Very helpful if one of your party skips a ride.

I think you need to book all 3 originally though I haven't tested it. Otherwise it would be easy to book say Space Mountain in the morning and then just repeat it all day.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Rob562 likes this.
  14. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

We did this on January 19-21 and had no problem booking a second FP+ for a tier 1 attraction after the first 3 were used.

In fact, you can avoid having to wait for the time period to expire if one person in the party decides to skip a ride. DD and I decided a few weeks ago that we didn't want to go on Mission: Space with DH and DS as our third FP+. So when we got to the front of the queue, all 4 of us swiped in, but they DD and I didn't ride. Instead I sat down somewhere to immediately book our next FP+ while DH and DS rode.

EvilQueen-T likes this.
  15. ninjaprincesst

ninjaprincesst Well-Known Member

now that you can use your phone to book additional fastpass we are back to 6 or 7 a day and really got whatever we wanted with the exception of 7DMT and Frozen. It just isn't a issue anymore.

16. Rider

Rider Well-Known Member

Yes I am quite happy with FP+ now. Especially as an AP. Previously if I wanted to go to a park for a few hours I'd need to go in the morning to make sure I could get FP for the busiest attractions.

Now I can book it from home and show up at the parks whenever I want.

The Disneyland people have no idea what they are missing. I always laugh when I see their APs so worried about getting FP+

17. danheaton

danheaton Active Member

I think the phone use makes it so much better, especially at the Magic Kingdom. My only issue is still with the tiering, but that's mostly because Epcot needs more attractions that draw crowds. That would solve that issue quickly.