Upset with fastpass+ ?

DisneyJoe

I, too, am very unhappy with the fast pass policy. We have annual passes and are planning a trip to Epcot. We only have one fast pass selected--Soaring. I cannot book a fast pass for the fireworks show at the end of the day until I use my first fast pass?? I am not using 3, as the limit states. The limits on the fast pass categories really are a downgrade on the annual passes. It seems this happens each time they make a change.
You can book 3, it is the Tiers that are causing you the issue.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I guess I have a real problem with the tiers, then. It really limits what you can count on doing when visiting the parks.
The problem is ride capacity. The only 3 things at EPCOT that need FP are Soarin, Test Track and Frozestrom. Test Track and Frozen are lower capacity rides (Soarin is a little better now with the extra theater). Without the tiers everyone would be selecting the same 3 rides and all the guests staying on property would have them fully booked at 60 days out. With a park like MK there are so many rides that it's not an issue. Until they expand the number of headliner rides at EPCOT the tiers aren't going anywhere.

danheaton

The problem is ride capacity. The only 3 things at EPCOT that need FP are Soarin, Test Track and Frozestrom. Test Track and Frozen are lower capacity rides (Soarin is a little better now with the extra theater). Without the tiers everyone would be selecting the same 3 rides and all the guests staying on property would have them fully booked at 60 days out. With a park like MK there are so many rides that it's not an issue. Until they expand the number of headliner rides at EPCOT the tiers aren't going anywhere.

That's definitely the truth. I wouldn't be surprised to see tiers added to the Animal Kingdom once Pandora arrives too. They may want to spread out the FPs so everyone doesn't book the two Pandora rides.

EvilQueen-T

Is anyone upset about being limited to 3 fastpasses a day like I am? I am used to using the fastpasses all day and using at least 6 a day! And you can only choose 1 out of the tier 1 category! During busy season it is just not enough for one day! If you are you need to write to Disney and let them know. (guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com)This is part of what they replied to me...

Disney will always listen to what our guests want and if there is great enough demand for increasing the amount of Disney's FASTPASS+® selections per day then we will seriously look into raising the limit. There are more guests than just yourself that have mentioned your displeasure with the amount selections you are given, and we will look at the system to make sure we do what is best for our guests.

I totally feel your pain. Lately it only seems like disney listens to the few people who complain about things like Jasmines costume. Back when they switched to the new system and decided to go with giving 3 I asked and was told they did a survey and the average family used 1.5 fps per day so they doubled it. We use to use 6-8/day easy. I hate the tiers and how even after you've used your original 3 you can't pick a same experience again even if it's available. There are things we do more or less often depending on who we travel with so sometimes we just don't do things like turtle talk with crush kind of things.

NeedMoreMickey

Just got back from a trip to Disneyland and it was so nice to send "the runner" for the fast passes. We did spend our 45 minute wait for Toy Story making our FP+ for our March trip to WDW.

HolleBolleGijs

I totally feel your pain. Lately it only seems like disney listens to the few people who complain about things like Jasmines costume. Back when they switched to the new system and decided to go with giving 3 I asked and was told they did a survey and the average family used 1.5 fps per day so they doubled it. We use to use 6-8/day easy. I hate the tiers and how even after you've used your original 3 you can't pick a same experience again even if it's available. There are things we do more or less often depending on who we travel with so sometimes we just don't do things like turtle talk with crush kind of things.

Have you tried to pick the same experience, after you used the first 3? I was able to get a second Soarin FP on the same day about 2 weeks ago.

EvilQueen-T

Have you tried to pick the same experience, after you used the first 3? I was able to get a second Soarin FP on the same day about 2 weeks ago.

Yes I've tried but it was in MK on Jan 13th. Tried to pick Space and then tried for Pirates. Available times popped up but then when I tried to pick it it said you've already done this experience.

EvilQueen-T

Weird. I even asked at guest relations and they basically read back when my phone was saying...that we've already had a fp for that experience that day.

dmatt87

Yes I've tried but it was in MK on Jan 13th. Tried to pick Space and then tried for Pirates. Available times popped up but then when I tried to pick it it said you've already done this experience.
Not only are they limiting the FP+ but now they are limiting the possibilities to do a great ride for a second time? That's a little far fetch IMO.

Weather_Lady

Not only are they limiting the FP+ but now they are limiting the possibilities to do a great ride for a second time? That's a little far fetch IMO.

I believe you mean far-fetched.

200_s.gif

...and you are right, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Disney has made it so much easier to book 4th FP+ (e.g., because you don't have to go to a kiosk anymore) that the inventory may have become much more sparse.

Rider

You are probably just doing it wrong somehow. I got 3 times for Soarin last weekend (1 original and 2 after using the others for Nemo and SSE).

Also fun fact you don't actually need to USE all 3 FP to get the 4th. If you only use 1 or 2 and let the others expire the app will prompt you to get an extra FP and it can be one of the rides you already used FP on earlier that day. Very helpful if one of your party skips a ride.

I think you need to book all 3 originally though I haven't tested it. Otherwise it would be easy to book say Space Mountain in the morning and then just repeat it all day.

Last edited:

JillC LI

I hate the tiers and how even after you've used your original 3 you can't pick a same experience again even if it's available.

We did this on January 19-21 and had no problem booking a second FP+ for a tier 1 attraction after the first 3 were used.

Also fun fact you don't actually need to USE all 3 FP to get the 4th. If you only use 1 or 2 and let the others expire the app will prompt you to get an extra FP and it can be one of the rides you already used FP on earlier that day. Very helpful if one of your party skips a ride.

In fact, you can avoid having to wait for the time period to expire if one person in the party decides to skip a ride. DD and I decided a few weeks ago that we didn't want to go on Mission: Space with DH and DS as our third FP+. So when we got to the front of the queue, all 4 of us swiped in, but they DD and I didn't ride. Instead I sat down somewhere to immediately book our next FP+ while DH and DS rode.

ninjaprincesst

now that you can use your phone to book additional fastpass we are back to 6 or 7 a day and really got whatever we wanted with the exception of 7DMT and Frozen. It just isn't a issue anymore.

Rider

Yes I am quite happy with FP+ now. Especially as an AP. Previously if I wanted to go to a park for a few hours I'd need to go in the morning to make sure I could get FP for the busiest attractions.

Now I can book it from home and show up at the parks whenever I want.

The Disneyland people have no idea what they are missing. I always laugh when I see their APs so worried about getting FP+

danheaton

I think the phone use makes it so much better, especially at the Magic Kingdom. My only issue is still with the tiering, but that's mostly because Epcot needs more attractions that draw crowds. That would solve that issue quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom