1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Jones14

Jones14 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is an obvious statement, but if you want a little more kick out of Mine Train, ask for the back row. You get whipped around a good bit back there.

2. Maeryk

Maeryk Well-Known Member

And want to reride it repeatedly.

The swinging cars on 7dmt allow them to get a lot more motion and dynamics out of a much smaller ride (height and turn radius/speed) than having to do it the old fashioned way (Fixed car on trick track). It's ingenious in that it packs real coaster dynamics into basically a wild mouse sized foodprint.

Derrit and EricsBiscuit like this.
  3. Benjlufc

Benjlufc Active Member

Nobody is talking about other things that are likely to happen to Epcot...

The concept art showed loads of new buildings scattered around, and what looks like a rainforest area.

There may be a Coco ride.

Inside Out may take over the Imagination Pavilion.

A possible UK ride.

4. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

Still hoping for something to replace this:

I can't believe I found this map! I always take a park map every trip just for posterity!

Attached Files:

5. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

The concept art is very blue sky, not much point in trying to read into it. Changes to Imagination are have been said to be quite a ways off.

Tahu and Benjlufc like this.
  6. n2hifi

n2hifi Member

Blue Sky or not I was studying it with much dread. Being one who would prefer my favorite park return to the splendor of the original 82 EPCOT, I was surprised that it kind of excited me. I could almost see themed areas instead of individual buildings. A space 'land', a water 'land' (contradiction?), etc. I guess World Showcase would be a land 'land'. That did not come across near as succinctly as I wanted. Anyway, if we have to deal with IP in the park and the current leadership at least this is a little exciting.

Magicart87 likes this.
  7. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

We have like ten of those same maps lol! That was back when the maps were huge you when unfolded them.

EricsBiscuit and PorterRedkey like this.
  8. kadybat

kadybat Active Member

Hmmmmm....
    epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Computer, enhance.

Rainforest.png

HMMMMM...
    projectgemini1.jpg
    Gemini Rainforest.png

I wonder, I wonder...

9. GlacierGlacier

GlacierGlacier New Member

10. kadybat

kadybat Active Member

That's Project: GEMINI, the late-90s plan to invigorate Future World by renaming it to Discoveryland and retheming the whole place. Much of it was implemented already! Mission: SPACE was Gemini's first phase. The Living Seas was infused with IP (Nemo made the cut instead of the planned Mermaid), Wonders of Life's attractions were gutted and the pavilion became doomed as a "future expansion area", and of course Soarin' Around the World exists. However, a large chunk of it (the Time Racers roller coaster inside SSE, the rainforest area with the family roller coaster and hedge maze, Jr. Autopia added to the Transportation pavilion, all sorts of Innoventions changes, a retheme of Seabase Alpha, etc.) was left unbuilt due to budget cuts.

A good idea never dies at Disney, as we all know. That concept art we got at D23 may point to some of those Gemini ideas (namely the rainforest area) finally becoming reality. Perhaps it won't be called Future World on the other side of all this stuff. Who knows?

Tahu, KrazyKat, SteveAZee and 7 others like this.
  11. Amidala

Amidala Well-Known Member

This is really interesting...not sure how I feel about Epcot losing its futuristic feel entirely (Spaceship Earth is very conducive to it), but maybe a Future World "hub" could branch off to different areas? I'm assuming this doesn't check out location-wise, but a rainforest area and attraction could also easily be absorbed into The Land.

kadybat likes this.
  12. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Joe and kadybat like this.
  13. Benjlufc

Benjlufc Active Member

kadybat likes this.
  14. Amidala

Amidala Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question but, what's this?

[​IMG]

kadybat and Benjlufc like this.
  15. Benjlufc

Benjlufc Active Member

It's kinda unclear, but I think it's two paths joining to make one bridge; if you look at the first picture given, you can see some paths around the rainforest area, I dunno why two join on a bridge, but hey.

kadybat and Amidala like this.
  16. Benjlufc

Benjlufc Active Member

IMG_0175.jpg
    Unrelated to the current conversation, but if you look at this picture, what we thought might have been a shop or restaurant or cafe where you can go on the roof bit(with a gradual incline) I think might be a dolphin show(or something similar.

There are dolphins in the Seas pavilion, you don't really see them though, maybe this is a show for them. The stairs into the pool bit caught my interest(someone must go in), and the glass surrounding the upper area(to stop people getting in, if it were just a pond bit, they would have a lower rail, and seats on the upper bit to eat whatever you would have bought in the cafe), it's big enough to do a show(big enough pool, enough viewing area, on two floors).

So there you go.

kadybat likes this.
  17. TheVisionarySoul

TheVisionarySoul Well-Known Member

It's not a dolphin show. Way too far from The Seas. Also too small. But it does look like a pool. Maybe for Rainforest animals?

mousekedoc and Benjlufc like this.
  18. GCTales

GCTales Active Member

Since the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon is gone... may this be a possibility for a similar experience?

They have the scuba and snorkel experience at the main aquarium in the Seas... Possibly expanding?

Not sure how busy those are or if there is demand for more capability.

Benjlufc likes this.