Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct

@bioreconstruct

Aerial overview of Epic Universe.
1712005576872.png

Aerial photo of the portal to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic. In Epic Universe.
1712005653835.png

Aerial photo of an area of How To Train Your Dragon - Isle of Berk. In Epic Universe.
1712005678721.png

A nearly straight-down aerial photo of the front of Epic Universe. At center is the work so far for the portal of the park.
1712005707878.png

Aerial look at some of the traffic flow at Epic Universe.1 Day guest parking entrance2 Parking toll plaza location3 An exit from parking4 An exit from parking, there's a split that bypasses the traffic circle.
1712005741166.png

TalkToEthan

Starfall will look gorgeous: I expect the ride station, ride vehicles, paint schemes and intertwined track layout to be first class making it the most majestic coaster on Earth.

It will have the adult thrills of a Magic Mountain/Cedar Point coaster but most importantly dressed up Universal style.

I’m already in line!!

JT3000

Starfall will look gorgeous: I expect the ride station, ride vehicles, paint schemes and intertwined track layout to be first class making it the most majestic coaster on Earth.

It will have the adult thrills of a Magic Mountain/Cedar Point coaster but most importantly dressed up Universal style.

I’m already in line!!
Oh that paint scheme is 'majestic' alright. 😏

Earlie the Pearlie

But isn't that the basis of a lot of great story telling? Would Titanic be as good if the ship didn't hit an iceberg, Apollo 13 if there wasn't a malfunction, or Back to the Future if Marty didn't accidently go back in time?
Just want to point out that two of these things really happened. Irrelevant, but I kind of thought it was funny

celluloid

Just a note, E-tickets are based somewhat on ambitions and levels of scale but ultimately are a term that thinks about how it pulls guests in, the demand.

While I don't think Mario Kart is a Konfrontation or Amazing Adventures of Spiderman level ride, it no doubt pulls the number of people in to call it an E Ticket.

I don't think Toy Story Mania and Space Mountain are comparable in this regard either, but ultimately, the demand is what counts as the term originates with what is going to be a massively appealing attraction...to well...attract the most people.

sedati

Oh that paint scheme is 'majestic' alright. 😏
What an odd park in how it really doesn't put it's best foot forward. We're greeted with a very "hotel" looking hotel, a nice but fairly Six Flags-looking coaster (though for comparison, check this out: https://www.themeparx.com/six-flags-qiddiya-city-saudi-arabia/ ) and a lovely "Celestial" park that I'm betting was the cheapest to execute of all themes pitched being fairly simple architectural shapes and fountains vs heavily themed buildings like Island of Adventure's entry portal. The core I fear will feel a lot more like a CityWalk with a more unified look than a theme park hub. *This may be by design as the original rumor had this area being public with the portals being the paid entry areas. So think a CityWalk/Hotel district ringed by four micro theme parks*

lazyboy97o

What an odd park in how it really doesn't put it's best foot forward. We're greeted with a very "hotel" looking hotel, a nice but fairly Six Flags-looking coaster (though for comparison, check this out: https://www.themeparx.com/six-flags-qiddiya-city-saudi-arabia/ ) and a lovely "Celestial" park that I'm betting was the cheapest to execute of all themes pitched being fairly simple architectural shapes and fountains vs heavily themed buildings like Island of Adventure's entry portal. The core I fear will feel a lot more like a CityWalk with a more unified look than a theme park hub. *This may be by design as the original rumor had this area being public with the portals being the paid entry areas. So think a CityWalk/Hotel district ringed by four micro theme parks*
Celestial Park will have lots of ornament that reflects its story. It is not theming by clutter. Even the fountains had a a big, expensive impact on the park design.

Andrew25

Have you seen the concept art for Celestial Park? Water features, lush gardens, rock work, sculptures, etc. There is a "unified" theme/architectural design throughout the land.

I can understand the cynicism towards the lack of theming on Starfall Racers, but the hub itself is going to offer quite the themed experience.

Poseidon Quest

You're seeing all that complex fountain work, massive scale, two expensive, unique attractions and think it's "cheap"?

Meanwhile, Disney actually went for the cheapest option of copy and pasting a Silicon Valley corporate park into Epcot after spending 5 years and millions to play with dirt.

Celestial Park is certainly not cheap, which is readily, obviously evident through the photos.

Tomfoolery

Celestial and Ministry of Magic lands will both be the most expensive at over $1B each,,

Andrew25

Universal has its faults at times, but it's insane to think they're going cheap with Epic Universe. I don't know how you can look at concept art and claim it's CityWalk lmao

Going to try my best at explaining what Epic Universe will be:
  • Celestial Park - basically Celebration Gardens, but way bigger and actual water features! I think people are forgetting how large this hub is... the space in between the Chronos (the entry portal) to the Helios Hotel is the same distance as Port of Entry to the Jurassic Discovery Center at Islands of Adventure or Main Street Station to Cinderella Castle. Essentially, Celestial Park is as if the IOA lagoon is filled with gardens, fountains, and walkable spaces.
  • Super Nintendo World - as immersive as Diagon Alley but with even more kinetic energy
  • Dark Universe - the Hogsmeade of Epic, rather small but grand village, E-ticket at the end of the land and a bare-themed "family" coaster.
  • Ministry of Magic - SWGE is the closest comparison I can think of - beautiful land based on an area not too familiar with fans, but features a solid E-ticket attraction and a complimentary attraction.
  • How to Train Your Dragon - What Toy Story Land should have been. Actual theming that isn't just bamboo, rockwork, rides, play areas and interactive experiences

Andrew25

I'm excited for Celestial Park. A big, open and sprawling area with a focus on being beautiful is something that is lacking from every Universal park.
Well IOA does have that, they're just hidden away unfortunately. Port of Entry, Toon Lagoon & Lost Continent have little shaded areas/walkways you can walk through near the lagoon, but unfortunately they've removed a lot of the seating recently so they've become quite useless lol

sedati

Celestial Park will have lots of ornament that reflects its story. It is not theming by clutter. Even the fountains had a a big, expensive impact on the park design.
I didn't say it looked cluttered and the statues were a pleasant surprise in the reveal a few months back. The fountains are certainly a plus, but they appear simple and modern which while lovely is a cheaper way to go than a similar concept but of a different time, place, or... theme. The carousel building looks great. The rest... I'll have to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom