Universal Closing time is 6 PM on 6/3/15?!?! Any idea why?

JordanNite

Give me the link it's for graduates and there is no corporate or rich folk involvment. Give me the link Universal do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

I saw the people going into the park, as i was stood right outside - and i didn't see teenagers, but grown adults.

Let's be honest, even if they are letting in graduates - they are making double money, as they are having two sets of guests in the parks on one day - the regular paying customer, and then these 'graduates'.

Furthermore how many graduates in Orlando are there - that they have to close BOTH PARKS early on numerous nights during the month.

Personally i don't believe every early closure is for graduates.

And if they are, it's still a disgrace to turf out your regular paying guests. The least they should do is reduce the cost of the ticket. Or make everyone aware a good ONE year out that these events are happening, and furthermore arrange these events outside peak season.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MAY 14TH
MAY 15TH
MAY 16TH

Three of my five days in Orlando - a Thursday, Friday and Saturday - all three days regular guests thrown out to make way for private events. Thursday and Friday closed Studios at 6 pm !!!!!!!!! The park was packed, and at peak times. On a Friday, the WEEKEND! !!!!! BOTH PARKS CLOSED! On a Thursday at least they allowed an extra hour in IAO.

Saturday always a parks busiest days, slightly later hours, but once again thrown out on the busiest day i've ever seen the Studios to make way for a new set of guests.

Disgraceful. First time i've ever felt the guest being cheated at Universal.
Wait. Is Iger the CEO of uni now?

JordanNite

You knew when you were going, right? Because if so, checking thing such as park hours some time out might be just a tad useful, be it at Universal, WDW, or even Six Flags. But I guess it's too hard to accep that sort of responsibility....

Re-read this thread, and you look like a bit silly to be honest because i have answered you so many times. I booked a year out, just like many guests, Universal don't release their park hours that early.

UNIVERSAL ONLY RELEASE THE PARK HOURS 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Re-read this thread, and you look like a bit silly to be honest because i have answered you so many times. I booked a year out, just like many guests, Universal don't release their park hours that early.
Really, because a quick glance at the Universal calendar has hours up until at least September (which is the furthest I looked). So that's 3 months out. But I guess you couldn't be bothered. That and it must just be cooler to run with the p&m theme....

danpam1024

Give me the link it's for graduates and there is no corporate or rich folk involvment. Give me the link Universal do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

I saw the people going into the park, as i was stood right outside - and i didn't see teenagers, but grown adults.
They are chaperones- each school MUST have a certain ratio of adults to grads. The tickets are not cheap- similar to the price of HHN. Plus the students have to pay to cover the cost of the charter bus. They spend a LOT of money to put these events on- there are bands there as well. I fully intend on going when my son graduates in 5 years. I went to Disney for mine. It is not just Orlando grads- it is for ALL of FL/GA- there are tons!

danpam1024

Really, because a quick glance at the Universal calendar has hours up until at least September (which is the furthest I looked). So that's 3 months out. But I guess you couldn't be bothered. That and it must just be cooler to run with the p&m theme....
I think he has something against rich people too :confused:. I wish I had buckets of money too, but I don't so o well> I probably could if i worked harder I guess :D

JordanNite

How is this any different than Disney closing the MK early for MNSSHP and MVMCP?

Because they have three other parks open. If Disney closed all their parks down you would see the same reaction. Universal kicked their customers out of both parks. Not just one day, like Disney usually do, they did this repeatedly. And on a weekend too !

JordanNite

I don't know why i even reply to you. Yes you can see 3 months ahead, but no more than 6 months ahead. Universal only release their park hours 6 months in advance. So anyone booking more than 6 months in the future won't get the park hours.

I'm not really sure what you don't grasp about this. No doubt you will reply again saying i should do research. Rolls eyes.

I had a short trip, and stayed on site at Universal to enjoy Universal parks (and still had a couple of days at Disney). Had i known they were operating these hours, i would never have booked to stay at Universal.

Tony Perkis

I don't know why i even reply to you. Yes you can see 3 months ahead, but no more than 6 months ahead. Universal only release their park hours 6 months in advance. So anyone booking more than 6 months in the future won't get the park hours.

I'm not really sure what you don't grasp about this. No doubt you will reply again saying i should do research. Rolls eyes.
You make plans when the tools to research aren't available or finalized yet. You could always search for hours from the previous year worst case.

danpam1024

Because they have three other parks open. If Disney closed all their parks down you would see the same reaction. Universal kicked their customers out of both parks. Not just one day, like Disney usually do, they did this repeatedly. And on a weekend too !
DAK closes WAY early, and 1/2 DHS is closed at any given time

JordanNite

You make plans when the tools to research aren't available or finalized yet. You could always search for hours from the previous year worst case.

Yes it's my fault. Because Universal always keep the same park hours every year. I should have just checked 2014's calander !!!! ROFLMAO

And i just looked at 2014's hours, and they aren't the same - so that would have been pointless hey.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I had a short trip, and stayed on site at Universal to enjoy Universal parks (and still had a couple of days at Disney). Had i known they were operating these hours, i would never have booked to stay at Universal.
Because it easier to play the victim and keep up the p&m routine then look at a calendar at any point after you've made the reservations.

And since you like to refer to "earlier in the thread," please refer to the fact that the park only closed a few hours early....

JordanNite

DAK closes WAY early, and 1/2 DHS is closed at any given time

It's also a different park to Universal. Has only a few rides - three major attractions, the rest are shows, walking around type experiences. Univeral and IOA are attraction ride based heavy. That requires alot more time to navigate.

JordanNite

Because it easier to play the victim and keep up the p&m routine then look at a calendar at any point after you've made the reservations.

And since you like to refer to "earlier in the thread," please refer to the fact that the park only closed a few hours early....

hahaha just like i predicted you repeat the same exact point !

danpam1024

It's also a different park to Universal. Has only a few rides - three major attractions, the rest are shows, walking around type experiences. Univeral and IOA are attraction ride based heavy. That requires alot more time to navigate.
yet it costs the same- do you feel slighted there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom