Universal Closing time is 6 PM on 6/3/15?!?! Any idea why?

Wobblychair

Original Poster
I'm planning a trip on 6/2-6/4. Any idea why Universal is closing so early on that Wednesday? I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest.

JordanNite

This was obviously a private event, and utterly disgusting. On a weekend, to close both your parks early - to throw the guests out, some like myself who staying on site to let in rich folk to have the parks for themselves.

Sure do this on a quiet day, perhaps even an early weekday, but on a weekend - and to add insult to injury close both parks down - all the while all guests on City Walk can see the parks and rides in motion with rich guests on them.

Utterly shambolic and a rip off. To close both parks at 6pm on a Friday, when ride wait times were insane, the busiest i've ever seen Universal is dumb. And bad practise.

Last edited:

JordanNite

It has nothing to do with crowd levels. The park was bought out for the night.

How small minded - what about the tourist who pays to stay on a Universal resort? The tickets are not discounted, so why should we be robbed of half a day because Universal have decided to rent the park out.

I stayed on site and would have booked elsewhere had i know about these hours. Unfortunately Universal don't release their park timings till 6 months out, so when we got there and went to the parks and saw what was going on it was too late.

No discounts on tickets. No leaving one park open either.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
How small minded - what about the tourist who pays to stay on a Universal resort? The tickets are not discounted, so why should we be robbed of half a day because Universal have decided to rent the park out.
You can't be robbed if you plan accordingly; a concept you seem unable to grasp or accept....

danpam1024

1/2 a day is quite a stretch-3 hours tops. If you know in advance, change dates or plan for some night time fun at CW or check out the new things on I 4.

GLaDOS

You're "robbed" of 2-3 hours tops. Not to mention, again, you could have avoided this by looking at Universal's website for less than 5 minutes.

redshoesrock

There's a travel agent-y conference thing in Orlando right now (happens about every four years), and each of the theme parks books them in for an evening to woo them and get them to talk up their stuff. For example, MK is closing early on Sunday for that exact reason.

Milla4Prez66

Just saw this and agree, a complete disgrace. I asked the ticket counter and he said it was because they judge crowd levels - well they badly misjudged this year - 90 mins wait for Gringotts, 90 mins wait for Despicable me ... felt short changed having to leave at 6pm.

Despicable Me is always going to hover around a 90 minute wait because of it's god awful capacity.

cheezbat

There's a travel agent-y conference thing in Orlando right now (happens about every four years), and each of the theme parks books them in for an evening to woo them and get them to talk up their stuff. For example, MK is closing early on Sunday for that exact reason.
that really angers me because Sunday is my day at MK...can't do it any other day...figures I'm losing about 5-6 hours off the day for this stupid buyout.

They shouldn't be allowed to do that garbage during the late spring/early summer months. Off season ONLY.

Tony Perkis

v8ccqht.jpg

jloucks

...ours where (not tickets, but entire package). Although to be fair, it wasn't specifically stated anywhere that was why. 2 of our 4 days were early close days for both then one of the parks. Kinda irritating to sit at the hotel and watch the coasters run and hear the people scream.

JordanNite

...ours where (not tickets, but entire package). Although to be fair, it wasn't specifically stated anywhere that was why. 2 of our 4 days were early close days for both then one of the parks. Kinda irritating to sit at the hotel and watch the coasters run and hear the people scream.

It was utter disugsting. But a few posters on here suggest you should read the times and book your holiday at another time, go to the school governers and make them change holidays for the children of the United Kingdom, and furthermore align seasons to another season, etc you see it's your fault Universal got away with charging you for a full day but closing early, and then renting the park out to rich people.

The sheer cheek of it it is amazing.

You're at City Walk, you are staying in a Universal Hotel, you have tickets for the parks, it's only 6:05, you can hear the rides going round and round, but you are banned from the park cos rich people want it for themselves.

JordanNite

How can anyone actually blame the consumer and suggest it's okay that a park during peak season closes at 6pm isbeyond belief.

And it wasn't just one date like Disney did (and they have 3 other parks for you to go to) - Universal did this a few times during the month of May closing both parks!

When you have two hour gridlocks for a few rides (like Harry Potter) you really can't get much done.

Last edited:

GLaDOS

How can anyone actually blame the consumer and suggest it's okay that a park during peak season closes at 6pm isbeyond belief.

And it wasn't just one date like Disney did - Universal did this a few times during the month of May.

When you have two hour gridlocks for a few rides (like Harry Potter) you really can't get much done.

Holy crap man give it up. Yes, they did it a few times in May like they do EVERY SINGLE YEAR for Grad Bash. Any small amount of planning/research would have told you this. Get over yourself.

JordanNite

Holy crap man give it up. Yes, they did it a few times in May like they do EVERY SINGLE YEAR for Grad Bash. Any small amount of planning/research would have told you this. Get over yourself.

Okay so what your central argument is is that Universal have given us the time information in advance thus making the complaint negligible.

So for example, we go on vacation, book a year in advance when Universal does not disclose hours, take our alloted time of work, school holidays for children, and have 5 days in Orlando in a Universal Hotel - and on at least 3 of those 5 days Universal closes early, so they can have these 'Grad bashes' as you call them (a polite way of saying rich people have hired the park out) means we are at fault because somehow we are meant to work our holiday around Universal playing a little 'greedy' - despite the fact we were unaware of Universals hours when we booked our vacation. But hey we are the idiots.

Some people book holidays a year in advance - so by your argument thesis, you are saying that if Universal close the park at 2pm on a few days in July it will be completely fine as they released the information a few months ago. Thus it's the consumers fault.

I mean it's not even bad practise on Universal's part in your eyes. You see this as completely fine. You see it as just a minor inconvenience. You know we pay big money, and we expect the parks to be open to a reasonable time during peak periods, if not prices should be discounted. You know, as a guest you book some time at Universal, and sure you might expect it to close a little early b PEAK SEASON - but to close 6pm ! ? ?! Then to add insult to injury you have loads of people standing outside wondering why people are still on the rides - and you get told it's for 'superior people'. And you have paid for a full days ticket - sorry but even the most ardent of Unviersal supporter can see probably this isn't the greatest of public relations manouver. You can't charge consumers for a full day, turf them out early, and then on top of that charge rich people too to use the park - it's called milking the goose from both barrels.

You know in most manufactures warranties they say Televsions can overheat and shut down completely. By your logic it's okay if you buy a new tv and it stops working after a few weeks because the manufacture wrote it down in the warranty. By your logic it's the consumers fault.

And just who do you think you are?

Last edited:

GLaDOS

5 days in Orlando in a Universal Hotel - and on at least 3 of those 5 days Universal closes early,

I'm looking at the Universal hours for May. There is no stretch of 5 days where 3 out of the 5 days the park closed early. 2 nights, maybe. But not 3.

so they can have these 'Grad bashes' as you call them

Grad Bash is where graduating High School seniors pay their way to have a night in the park. It has nothing to do with being rich.

I mean it's not even bad practise on Universal's part in your eyes. You see this as completely fine. You see it as just a minor inconvenience. You know we pay big money, and we expect the parks to be open to a reasonable time during peak periods,

Unless you went during Memorial Day weekend, you didn't go during peak season, for one. Secondly, Disney doesn't give discounts when they close MK at 7 for their parties. Are you going to rail against that next?

JordanNite

Incidentally i am not the only one on here to complain - a few other posters on here have complained, only for you to tell them to 'get over it'. I suppose a holiday is an emotive subject, you pay good money to travel, and want to enjoy it - and what may appear minor to you is actually quite insulting to the next person.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom