Universal Closing time is 6 PM on 6/3/15?!?! Any idea why?

JordanNite

yet it costs the same- do you feel slighted there?

No because even if Animal Kingdom closes early you can go to another Disney Park either by bus, or your own transport in a few minutes which will be open till late. And as i said, Animal Kingdom is a different type of experience. As it's more a visual experience, watching animals, shows, and less about rides (there's only three major rides there) you can walk around and take it all in at your own pace, be it rushed or slow. At Universal where parks are heavily ride orientated during peak season you are likely to spend hours in queues meaning the parks need to operate more hours.

It's why you see Magic Kingdom opening till midnight on such busy days, as it's more of a ride orientated park rather than Hollywood Studios - it's because it takes into account the sheer time consumers will be in queues.

Last edited:

danpam1024

No because as i said, Animal Kingdom is a different type of experience. As it's more a visual experience, watching animals, shows, and less about rides (there's only three major rides there) you can walk around and take it all in at your own pace, be it rushed or slow. At Universal where parks are heavily ride orientated during peak season you are likely to spend hours in queues meaning the parks need to operate more hours.

It's why you see Magic Kingdom opening till midnight on such busy days, as it's more of a ride orientated park rather than Hollywood Studios - it's because it takes into account the sheer time consumers will be in queues.
One could say the very same thing about UOR- it is visually stunning and exquisitely detailed. They have shows as well. There are many guests that don't go there for the coasters/rides.

JordanNite

Because it's the unfortunate truth you don't want to face....

That or you simply enjoy trolling with your p&m routine, in this thread or elsewhere. But it's easy to blame others....

Let me explain it you in numeric format - perhaps that will make it easier for you to grasp.

1) I booked my flights, hotels, park tickets, about a year out. I did this because my regional airport only has one direct flight to Orlando, and furthermore work commitments, children, and other family members, this was the only time we could go.

2) We go for 5 nights, before heading onto our next destination.

3) We stay at Universal, Loewes resort - we want to be around Universal and do these parks.

3) Universal do not release their park hours till 6 months out. So we could essentially would not know the park hours. We can't cancel the booking, not cancel the flights or hotels.

4) We plan to do 2 days at Disney, and have booked Soliel tickets too, so we try to combine Disney into 2 nights. Whilst avoiding them on Saturday as it's busy as anything.

5) Universal though close both parks at 6pm !!!!! Then next day close at 6pm again!!! Then close early on Saturday again !!! CLOSE BOTH PARKS !

6) They do this to allow in corprate people - and let them have both parks.

7) No discount on ticket.

8) No warning, other than you looking yourself on the website when it would be too late to cancel your booking.

9) Parks are rammed busy - a 9/10 on the busy ratio.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Let me explain it you in numeric format - perhaps that will make it easier for you to grasp.

1) I booked my flights, hotels, park tickets, about a year out. I did this because my regional airport only has one direct flight to Orlando, and furthermore work commitments, children, and other family members, this was the only time we could go.

3) We stay at Universal, Loewes resort - we want to be around Universal and do these parks.

3) Universal do not release their park hours till 6 months out. So we could essentially would not know the park hours. We can't cancel the booking, not cancel the flights or hotels.

4) We plan to do 2 days at Disney, and have booked Soliel tickets too, so we try to combine Disney into 2 nights. Whilst avoiding them on Saturday as it's busy as anything.

5) Universal though close both parks at 6pm !!!!! Then next day close at 6pm again!!! Then close early on Saturday again !!! CLOSE BOTH PARKS !

8) No warning, other than you looking yourself on the website when it would be too late to cancel your booking.

Six months out is still plenty of time to cancel.

You're looking to keep this p&m routine going because it's what you've started with, kept posting with throughout these forums, and it gives you the luxury of quasi-martyrdom. But in the end it's all a load of b#ll#cks because just a bit of research would have helped you largely avoid this situation. But it's easier, cooler, whatever, to jump on your martyrdom soapbox and keep banging away. Just like your incessant Iger posts or the like. You're just upset because instead of sympathy and mutual animosity at Universal, you're getting pushback. Welcome to adulthood....

JordanNite

Six months out is still plenty of time to cancel.

You can cancel a flight and hotel 6 months out?

Tell me where you book your flights please. My hotel reservation was non refundable, and i've never known an international flight to refund you money.

Had Loewes allowed me to cancel, i would have booked over at Disney for sure.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

JordanNite

How about reading Terms and Conditions that hours and offerings are subject to change at any point without notice. Purchasing the product(s) acknowledges the T&C entering one into an agreement.

Doesn't make it right. Hence my point.

When you buy a ticket every eventualiaty is catered for in the t&c - but most business operate on a fair play policy.

JordanNite

How about reading Terms and Conditions that hours and offerings are subject to change at any point without notice. Purchasing the product(s) acknowledges the T&C entering one into an agreement.

Booked with travel agent, flight, hotel, tickets, all together. The booking you are looking at is if you book directly with the hotel yourself.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Doesn't make it right. Hence my point.

When you buy a ticket every eventualiaty is catered for in the t&c - but most business operate on a fair play policy.

Black Friday- Best deals to those who camp out all night... err camp out all day on Tday.

WDW- Charges extra to celebrate Xmas at MK, raises price incessantly with no true offerings added.

Restaurants- Reserve the best for those willing to pay the best.

Airlines- Charge for checked bags, take planes out of service for VIPs and Sports teams, charges more for more amenities.

Stores- Sold out after waiting? Too bad so sad. Should have planned better.

Fair play policy? Thanks for chuckle!

In the words of the wise Eric Matthews: Life's tough, get a helmet!

Captain Chaos

Even Bob Iger wouldn't stoop this low to generate money.
You're right.. he'd stoop lower.

Waiting for your thread reipping about Disney closing parks early cause the rich folk buy out the parks... Still waiting, still waiting.

Better yet, go cry to someone who cares, like your My Little Pony doll or your Princess Elsa plushie. And grow up.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Because it's the unfortunate truth you don't want to face....

That or you simply enjoy trolling with your p&m routine, in this thread or elsewhere. But it's easy to blame others....
Okay, I have to ask since you have used the term several times- what is s p&m routine? Thanks!

BuddyThomas

Jordan- at the risk of getting my head handed to me, I actually think you have made some very valid points (except your comment about Danpam - she's great.).

The issue, I think, is that you've basically posted the same idea about 20 million times. I know you were frustrated by this situation but having all these people on here tell you you're wrong cannot possibly be helping to ease your rage.

Wouldn't it be more productive to get in touch with Universal management and let them know how you feel? If it was me and if I felt as strongly about this as you do, I would have made a stink about it while I was there. They may have offered you a park ticket, a dinner voucher, or any number of other things. They want return customers, not unhappy campers.

Captain Chaos

Jordan- at the risk of getting my head handed to me, I actually think you have made some very valid points (except your comment about Danpam - she's great.).

The issue, I think, is that you've basically posted the same idea about 20 million times. I know you were frustrated by this situation but having all these people on here tell you you're wrong cannot possibly be helping to ease your rage.

Wouldn't it be more productive to get in touch with Universal management and let them know how you feel? If it was me and if I felt as strongly about this as you do, I would have made a stink about it while I was there. They may have offered you a park ticket, a dinner voucher, or any number of other things. They want return customers, not unhappy campers.
No, that would be the rational thing to do. Irrational trolls take to the internet in order to start problems, much like this thread was meant to do.

With that, I'm bowing out. Not going to continue feeding the troll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom