Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid closing for month long refurbishment Feb 2-Mar 6

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
how big is the main tunnel area? what types of trucks and stuff can use them?
Main entrance? Really electric vehicle size.

A bullion truck had to be modified back in the day to fit in. I'm sure Google can show you since its backstage. There again, I'm not a CM

image.jpg

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Main entrance? Really electric vehicle size.

A bullion truck had to be modified back in the day to fit in. I'm sure Google can show you since its backstage. There again, I'm not a CM

View attachment 80149
Love the picture of "Magic Kingdo ". All this discussion about moving IASW just makes me giggle. We can't get them fix even the smallest of things and people think they are going to move a ride the size of Small World? Oh, well, I guess it doesn't hurt to dream.

Bullion Truck??? Are they storing gold down there or is it just where they keep the chicken and beef bullion?

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

Love the picture of "Magic Kingdo ". All this discussion about moving IASW just makes me giggle. We can't get them fix even the smallest of things and people think they are going to move a ride the size of Small World? Oh, well, I guess it doesn't hurt to dream.

Bullion Truck??? Are the storing gold down there or is it just where they keep the chicken and beef bullion?
i an sure they are referring to the wells fargo armored truck

TyrantBoss

That's good, because there's a ton of land around the Rivers of America, there's just no way to get to it, but if they moved Small World a bit and created a short cut through Fantasyland it would open up all that area without disrupting the River Boat

IASW-Magic%20Valley2.jpg

Shhhhhhhh...be careful. Don't give them any ideas. They may put in another Frozen themed area.

But I really wouldn't mind if they used that expansion idea which would lead to a Villains area.
Maleficent's castle...Bald Mountain/Balrog thrill coaster....Journey into Genie Jafar's Lamp (or a Cave of Wonders ride where Jafar and his lamp currently reside).

Soooo many cool ideas could come from this....................but not too scary. You may upset some fretful mothers now.

tl77

Shhhhhhhh...be careful. Don't give them any ideas. They may put in another Frozen themed area.

But I really wouldn't mind if they used that expansion idea which would lead to a Villains area.
Maleficent's castle...Bald Mountain/Balrog thrill coaster....Journey into Genie Jafar's Lamp (or a Cave of Wonders ride where Jafar and his lamp currently reside).

Soooo many cool ideas could come from this....................but not too scary. You may upset some fretful mothers now.

In Anaheim and Tokyo this area is Critter Country and Splash Mt is the main "E-ticket" ride there, but in Orlando and Paris this area north of the river is set aside for future development. So I'm assuming that whenever they get around to expanding this spot they will most likely do something that works in both Orlando and Paris, and it'll need to include some big "e-ticket" ride to get people to walk all the way out to this part of the park which is the furthest point from the main entrance

Next Big Thing

Capacity wise the Mk is still lacking. However the attractions need a lot of love first.

But Epcot and DHS need more help.
Only because it's one of the most attended parks in the world.

Yes, we all would love more MK additions, but, adding capacity to MK just means more people will go to the park anyway.

DHS and Epcot need a TON of help before MK. DAK also needs a bit more even after Avatar.

lazyboy97o

In Anaheim and Tokyo this area is Critter Country and Splash Mt is the main "E-ticket" ride there, but in Orlando and Paris this area north of the river is set aside for future development. So I'm assuming that whenever they get around to expanding this spot they will most likely do something that works in both Orlando and Paris, and it'll need to include some big "e-ticket" ride to get people to walk all the way out to this part of the park which is the furthest point from the main entrance
There is no similar space in any of the other Disneylands. Critter Country is to the far west of Disneyland, not adjacent to Fantasyland. The northeast area of the Rivers of America was part of Nature's Wonderland, was the proposed site of Discovery Bay and is the Festival Arena. Tokyo Disneyland's Rivers of America are more horizontal with Critter Country being in line with, not above Fantasyland. Disneyland Paris has Frontierland and Adventureland swapped, with the similar location being occupied by Pirates of the Caribbean. The site is unique to the Magic Kingdom and if it was intended as expansion space would not have been so completely blocked off.

RSoxNo1

Only because it's one of the most attended parks in the world.

Yes, we all would love more MK additions, but, adding capacity to MK just means more people will go to the park anyway.

DHS and Epcot need a TON of help before MK. DAK also needs a bit more even after Avatar.
They added 4-5000 guest per hour capacity in New Fantasyland and it wasn't enough. The best approach for capacity increases are Adventureland, the Tomorrowland Speedway, Tom Sawyer's Island/Frontierland and the old Tomorrowland Theater area. My never ending suggestion would also be relocating it's a small world to open up that area as well. While the other parks need new additions for other reasons, one or more of those MK changes should change sooner rather than later.

doctornick

In Anaheim, they could do a Frontierland expansion by replacing Big Thunder Ranch.

doctornick

It is not a designated develepment area.

Are you talking about Orlando here? It's tough to tell for sure....

I had thought in the past that you have said that there is expansion space allocated on the north side of RoA in MK but that access was the issue. There certainly seems to be room up there is you can build a walkway for guest access.

In Paris it already is developed. It's Adventureland.

Is there space for a new attraction between the IJ ride and the Pirates show building in Paris? Frontierland in Paris does not seem to have any unused space.

Jon81uk

Tokyo Disneyland is moving their Small World to make more space in FantasyLand (but there are also rumours of subsistence affecting the building there).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom