Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid closing for month long refurbishment Feb 2-Mar 6

cjk0318

Poor use of space indeed. I say gut the belle meet and greet and make it a nice little Dark ride for beauty and the beast. And gut the empty circus tent for the fab 4 over at Story book circus and make that a Pinocchio's scary adventures ride themed to the horrors of Pleasure island :') Also gut the merida meet and greet and the cheshire cafe and add an Alice dark ride. The space is all there.
And then we'll gut the castle out and turn it into the exterior of Elsa's Ice Palace, then gut out Hollywood Studios- wait... they already beat us to it.

Sped2424

And then we'll gut the castle out and turn it into the exterior of Elsa's Ice Palace, then gut out Hollywood Studios- wait... they already beat us to it.
Oh please my idea's are nowhere near as bad as any of that. I am talking about taking back space that is used well, rather poorly. Beefing up fantasyland with dark rides based on actual fantasyland properties does not constitute as killing everything off. Not to mention there is some serious good space in each one of these areas.
tumblr_nijymy04zB1rb3d4bo2_540.png

Storybook circus meet and greets which had their hours reduced because NO ONE VISITS. Seriously I have walked in and every time you breeze up to the front.
tumblr_nijymy04zB1rb3d4bo3_1280.png

Wasted space with a bad place for coffee and a merida meet and greet.
tumblr_nijymy04zB1rb3d4bo1_1280.png

A place for a beauty and the beast dark ride, I bet that wouldn't be popular... No need for the melodramatic ice castle shoot down. As for the most part Fantasyland NEEDS new dark rides that fit in each area. Not the same thing as making elsa take over the palace.

Last edited:

Mike S

Poor use of space indeed. I say gut the belle meet and greet and make it a nice little Dark ride for beauty and the beast. And gut the empty circus tent for the fab 4 over at Story book circus and make that a Pinocchio's scary adventures ride themed to the horrors of Pleasure island :') Also gut the merida meet and greet and the cheshire cafe and add an Alice dark ride. The space is all there.
Then gut Fairytale Hall for a Sleeping Beauty ride.

Pan, Pooh, Alice, Pinocchio, SB, B&tB, LM, and finally SDMT. That would be a pretty sick lineup if they were all up to modern standards (mostly Pan and Pooh).

Last edited:

cjk0318

Oh please my idea's are nowhere near as bad as any of that. I am talking about taking back space that is used well, rather poorly. Beefing up fantasyland with dark rides based on actual fantasyland properties does not constitute as killing everything off. Not to mention there is some serious good space in each one of these areas.

Storybook circus meet and greets which had their hours reduced because NO ONE VISITS. Seriously I have walked in and every time you breeze up to the front.
tumblr_nijymy04zB1rb3d4bo3_1280.png

Wasted space with a bad place for coffee and a merida meet and greet.
tumblr_nijymy04zB1rb3d4bo1_1280.png

A place for a beauty and the beast dark ride, I bet that wouldn't be popular... No need for the melodramatic ice castle shoot down. As for the most part Fantasyland NEEDS new dark rides that fit in each area. Not the same thing as making elsa take over the palace.
It was purely satirical :p some ideas are good

doctornick

Then gut Fairytale Hall for a Sleeping Beauty ride.

Pan, Pooh, Alice, Pinocchio, SB, B&tB, LM, and finally SDMT. That would be a pretty sick lineup of they were all up to modern standards (mostly Pan and Pooh).

I can understand Fairytale Hall, even if I don't like it. At least it puts the princesses in a thematic appropriate place. I'd rather they'd have built a new site for it rather than remove SWSA (if they didn't want two Snow White rides, they could have replaced SWSA with another theme easily enough), but it's there now and not going away.

No reason, however, you couldn't use any of the ample other space in the park to put in some small dark rides. It's sad that they did this massive FLE expansion and only built two new rides (and took away one ride in the process).

doctornick

I'm 100% behind this idea. The M&G is kinda silly and a huge waste of space. Keep the tent, but use that as the queue for a ride and put the show building behind as indicated. Pinocchio would be easy since it would just be a clone; another option would be the old Mickey's Madhouse idea.

Put another ride there in the back and it would really enhance Storybook Circus by giving it more of a presence. Right now, it's just not that exciting and is too oriented to little children (the Dumbo play area, Barnstormer and Casey Jr water area are all very kid oriented). A nice classic style dark ride would help make it more all ages.

Mike S

I can understand Fairytale Hall, even if I don't like it. At least it puts the princesses in a thematic appropriate place. I'd rather they'd have built a new site for it rather than remove SWSA (if they didn't want two Snow White rides, they could have replaced SWSA with another theme easily enough), but it's there now and not going away.

No reason, however, you couldn't use any of the ample other space in the park to put in some small dark rides. It's sad that they did this massive FLE expansion and only built two new rides (and took away one ride in the process).
The princesses could always meet near their respective ride like Ariel does. Except Rapunzel would be by bathrooms, not a ride :hilarious:

lazyboy97o

swaping out existing facilities isn't really a better use of space. The room was there for more dark rides, plus the meet and greets, and little shows.

Sped2424

swaping out existing facilities isn't really a better use of space. The room was there for more dark rides, plus the meet and greets, and little shows.
It is when the existing facilities are rather bleh experiences. Save expansion space for something else and when it's needed. But use the current space we have to it's fullest potential.

lazyboy97o

It is when the existing facilities are rather bleh experiences. Save expansion space for something else and when it's needed. But use the current space we have to it's fullest potential.
The problem I am talking about is how things are currently organized. Even if the current uses become something better, how they are laid out still makes future additions difficult.

Sped2424

I noticed you have this Belle M&G area out over the loading dock, but that the whole BatB is at least 1 story above ground level in the back for the Utilidor access

expand-FL.jpg

and if they relocated Small World like they're doing in Tokyo it would open up a lot of potential for expansion in both Fantasyland and the North end of Frontierland

expand-FL2.jpg
Good but I think your thing might be off as it's showing the possible expansion taking place on top of the rivers of america!
tumblr_nik2u7nYUb1rb3d4bo1_1280.png

The area is a bit more north of the show building. Imagine if they did move small world, that's some serious expansion space.

Sped2424

The problem I am talking about is how things are currently organized. Even if the current uses become something better, how they are laid out still makes future additions difficult.
Well not for the cheshire cafe space, or pinocchio, the belle area certainty though.

Bing Bong

I really don't think MK needs anything else for a while... It has the most to do out of the WDW parks... EPCOT could really use some love...

RSoxNo1

I don't know, I still have more fun on Peter Pan than I ever have had on Mermaid. I like it and appreciate what it has to offer, and I agree Pan could benefit wonderfully from an update, but I don't think formal qualities alone prove Mermaid to be better.

The Wizard of Oz looks like a home movie compared to Avatar, but I think we all know which one is the better movie.
Is that nostalgia or ride quality though?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom