Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid closing for month long refurbishment Feb 2-Mar 6

Jon81uk

Don't forget Animal Kingdom. Even though it gets Avatarland, it will not be on its highest level yet.

I think once it has the nighttime show and Avatar AK will be fine. I have always managed to fill 10am to 5pm at the park and then go over to Boma for dinner. Once the nighttime show opens then there is more of an incentive to have dinner in the park and stay for the show.

All the current attractions (except for Chester & Hester) are good quality with few huge maintanance problems (except the Yeti). Compare that to Epcot where the Imagination pavilion and Ellen are 20 years out of date and need re-doing. and DHS where the attraction count is just low and the shows are feeling dated.

RayTheFirefly

I think once it has the nighttime show and Avatar AK will be fine. I have always managed to fill 10am to 5pm at the park and then go over to Boma for dinner. Once the nighttime show opens then there is more of an incentive to have dinner in the park and stay for the show.
Agreed. I'd love to see Dinorama replaced with something amazing about prehistoric animals at some point, but I think after these new updates, it will be ok for a while.

orlando678-

There's a big area behind adventure isle, where they could do a huge expansion. There was a rumor about an expansion of pirates of the Caribbean and so on, but it was unbuilt.

doctornick

and WDW needs to fix DHS and Epcot before they need to build at MK again.

I would agree that priorities should be on expanding offerings at all of the other three parks as opposed to MK. That said, given the daily attendance at MK, expanding capacity there -- as opposed to putting in a big E-ticket draw -- should also be on the table.

Basically, all of WDW needs a lot of work. The good news is that some stuff is coming.

Mike S

They added 4-5000 guest per hour capacity in New Fantasyland and it wasn't enough. The best approach for capacity increases are Adventureland, the Tomorrowland Speedway, Tom Sawyer's Island/Frontierland and the old Tomorrowland Theater area. My never ending suggestion would also be relocating it's a small world to open up that area as well. While the other parks need new additions for other reasons, one or more of those MK changes should change sooner rather than later.
Before getting rid of another attraction (the Speedway) I would put this space next to Space Mountain to use first.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bocabear

What if the speedway was reimagined with futuristic electric vehicles a la Hong Kong Disneyland, and placed on the green belt on the other side of Space Mountain skirting the lake (retention pond) Tons of room for an even bigger layout than they currently have, the old skyway terminal could be used for Queue and it would clear up an enormous piece of real estate right on the edge of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland....

ABQ

Grr, this picture makes me angry as I liked the Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas performance that used to run at the Galaxy Palace Theater, which was replaced by a parking lot.
But Jim Hill tells us a new E-Ticket will be going there. At least that's what he claimed in 2008. These things take time though. But until them, I'm sure the cast members of Main Street like their parking lot.

Mike S

Grr, this picture makes me angry as I liked the Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas performance that used to run at the Galaxy Palace Theater, which was replaced by a parking lot.
But Jim Hill tells us a new E-Ticket will be going there. At least that's what he claimed in 2008. These things take time though. But until them, I'm sure the cast members of Main Street like their parking lot.
The expansion pad is actually the area of water next to SM. It was moved once to build that ride.

doctornick

Orlando. The original development area was around the canal west of BTM.

And basically that is now inaccessible and unusable due to the location of BTMRR (and Splash and the Railroad station)? I can believe it based on the maps.

Still, would be nice to see some development on the other side of the RoA above Haunted Mansion. Sleepy Hollow, anyone?

doctornick

Either way, the theater was one more thing, which as someone else mentioned in I think the Hub Redevelopment thread, which successfully drew people away from the much overused hub and was removed and replaced by nothing. Dumb.

Exactly. It's stupid to have the stage in front of the castle. Make for a nice backdrop, but lousy for logistics. Nothing wrong with having a stage, but it should be put somewhere else in the park.

RSoxNo1

What if the speedway was reimagined with futuristic electric vehicles a la Hong Kong Disneyland, and placed on the green belt on the other side of Space Mountain skirting the lake (retention pond) Tons of room for an even bigger layout than they currently have, the old skyway terminal could be used for Queue and it would clear up an enormous piece of real estate right on the edge of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland....
I'd like to see the Speedway as a Cars themed attraction in DHS and removed from the Magic Kingdom entirely. Even though DHS is smaller, the space in the Magic Kingdom is more valuable.

RSoxNo1

My understanding was that a Tron attraction was going to be going by the theater, but that got axed.

doctornick

TRON coaster was mooted in the parking lot behind the MKs Buzz Lightyear. Entrance via what is TLF. Exit via the Toy Story meet n roller shutter.

Long buried now.

If only it would be brought back. I've long thought that moving Laugh Floor to DHS in an expanded Pixar Place combined with replacing it in TL with a Tron coaster would be a nice upgrade to both places. Since Tron is being built in Shanghai anyway, how expensive would it be to clone it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom