Uber pick-up from resort

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Hi,

I know that there's no charge for parking when I visit a resort for dinner, for example. But are there different rules for taxis or Uber drivers? Do they have to pay to enter the resort grounds to pick up passengers? I'm sure that if they do, the passenger absorbs that cost.

Or are they allowed to enter and pick up/drop off their passengers just like a regular visitor at no charge? Thanks.

righttrack

We use Magical Express but use Uber for Resort-to-Resort transportation, like for sit down meals. We do Garden Grocer usually but next time I might use Uber to go to the grocery store because of the convenience.

OliveMcFly

I was thinking of using it from POP to Universal. It's estimating at half the price of a taxi. Has anyone done this trip before?

durangojim

Uber is super cheap and easy for resort travel. We use it often when going to dinner at one of the resorts like Ohana and there is no added charge

UpAllNight

Does anybody know the general price from international drive (pointe Orlando) to say MK?

The 4 of us were paying $100 Mears return a day. We're going for 21 days (about half to Disney) so anything that saves significant money might be worth us exploring.

durangojim

Does anybody know the general price from international drive (pointe Orlando) to say MK?

The 4 of us were paying $100 Mears return a day. We're going for 21 days (about half to Disney) so anything that saves significant money might be worth us exploring.
You can get the rate from the uber app without actually ordering a car. Just put in your origin and destination and choose fare estimate.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was thinking of using it from POP to Universal. It's estimating at half the price of a taxi. Has anyone done this trip before?
Yes. Cheap. Quick. We did it in September and in reverse dropped at Disney Springs. The simplicity and cost made it a go to for the future

JillC LI

Got an uber about 3 weeks ago from Poly to POR. Super easy. The driver was so nice and had Disney music playing on Pandora when we got in!

ABQ

There is Uber XL which like Suburbans and possibly some vans. The app will tell you how many people the Uber will fit.
Correct, we used Uber XL 4 times last year as we had a wheelchair to stow and each time we had minivans arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom