Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

willtravel

As with anything at WDW, IMO kinda pricy. A waffle and some bacon or chicken sausage for $10.99. Or a scoop of breakfast potatoes for $5.49. Must be special potatoes.

righttrack

Am I the only one somewhat underwhelmed by the food pics? That chicken parm in particular - looks like it came from a frozen meal.

It sure doesn't look like a 21 dollar chicken parm. I thought it was the kid's meal at first until I checked the menu.

I'm guessing it will do OK, but really, I'd have preferred the choice that a place like Kouzzina brings to the area.

righttrack

You know...If the resort is trying to be Jersey Shore, they should just BE JERSEY SHORE... they have Fine Dining covered with the Flying Fish next door...
What about a Chowder House type restaurant...More casual and beautifully themed... What about a classic Jersey Diner...well done and well themed... It needn't be a fine dining restaurant...especially since they are open for breakfast....Thematically they could have lots of fun with this... 1940s Jersey Shore diner... Moderately priced...
Start roasting peanuts next door...and making taffy... Give the boardwalk some real ambiance...

There you go! That would have brought a difference to an area striving for it's own identity. Behind some of the nicest park dining in the world, across from such great fine dining places, why the heck not go full-on shore.

WDWtraveler

Trattoria al Forno photo update as of Sunday, December 14. Here are a couple of reception area photos of the new restaurant. I don't have any photos of the interior, but I can tell you the tables were set with silverware and napkins, with chefs working inside. I suspect a soft opening with staff and invited guests in the next few days, before the official opening on Dec 18.

IMG_4189.JPG

Wine rack on wall opposite the front doors. Dining room entry doors on left.

IMG_4190.JPG

The front doors.

IMG_4192.JPG

Last edited:

flyerjab

Trattoria al Forno photo update as of Sunday, December 14. Here are a couple of reception area photos of the new restaurant. I don't have any photos of the interior, but I can tell you the tables were set with silverware and napkins, with chefs working inside. I suspect a soft opening with staff and invited guests in the next few days, before the opening on Dec 18.

View attachment 76484

Wine rack on wall opposite the front doors. Dining room entry doors on left.

View attachment 76485

The front doors.

View attachment 76486

Great job as always! The funny thing is I was just looking at your DS update and was wondering if you make it over to the Boardwalk. :)

Now we just need to figure out how to get you onto that Pandora site. ;)

Next Big Thing

I recall it being just like that before, nothing is looking too different so far.
I don't think most people ate at Kouzinna so Disney could probably leave it mostly the same with a few changes and people would say it's amazing.

That's really not a fault of those people though because it is a nice looking restaurant, just most people overlooked it.

Incomudro

Looks great!
We'll be staying at Beach Club (spent the past four vacations there) and this is a great dining option just across the pond!

Incomudro

I'll admit that the pictures of the food were les than impressive.
But, being a New Yorker of mostly Italian decent I don't expect much authenticity even in good theme park restaurants.
I believe that to a certain extent, there may actually be a purposeful effort to keep the fare at an Olive Garden level because that's what the theme park masses think Italian is.
In any event, I welcome its proximity to Beach Club and will very likely take the family there.

aladdin2007

I might be the only one, but I still miss Spoodles. Sigh.......

No I miss it as well. But this does look beautiful. Im just having a hard time figuring out how this fits into the Boardwalk theme/decor wise. Even with the backstory they threw together. oh well. It looks like it belongs in the Bohemian Hotels chain.

GymLeaderPhil

Calamari app was the best I've ever had at Disney. If you're gluten intolerant, they have a menu already ready for you. No special arrangements or requests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom