Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

Figaro928

You know...If the resort is trying to be Jersey Shore, they should just BE JERSEY SHORE... they have Fine Dining covered with the Flying Fish next door...
What about a Chowder House type restaurant...More casual and beautifully themed... What about a classic Jersey Diner...well done and well themed... It needn't be a fine dining restaurant...especially since they are open for breakfast....Thematically they could have lots of fun with this... 1940s Jersey Shore diner... Moderately priced...
Start roasting peanuts next door...and making taffy... Give the boardwalk some real ambiance...

Throw in a "theatric" wait staff ala 50's prime time and you got yourself a hit!

gmajew

Premium Member
Cat Cora is an over rated chief! I am int he business and she is one of the most over rated out their today.

This change should be welcomed and if they stay true to the authentic fair it is a good addition.

alissafalco

Cat Cora is an over rated chief! I am int he business and she is one of the most over rated out their today.

This change should be welcomed and if they stay true to the authentic fair it is a good addition.
have you seen the photos and menu??? take a look, this restaurant is a joke compared to Cat Cora's. She's overrated? sounds like sour grapes to me

Figaro928

Am I the only one somewhat underwhelmed by the food pics? That chicken parm in particular - looks like it came from a frozen meal.
0001380010171_500X500.jpg

they look nothing alike! In the frozen meal, the spaghetti is underneath....:hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

doctornick

I agree it is a tough location, but even Cat Cora's restaurant was sold out often and tables were frequently scarce...I think whatever they put there will be at least moderately successful...And Cat Cora had a name that attracted some attention... but this new place... there is nothing abut it that makes me the least bit interested...and that was before I saw the menu and food pictures...

Is there even any other Greek restaurant on the property any more? Granted that Cat Cora's menu was more broad than that, but it seems like a pretty significant/popular ethnic offering to not have at WDW.

aladdin2007

I think they're trying to appeal to that previously mentioned "Olive Garden crowd" here with a bland, basic "Italian" menu for tourists who would happily choose a plate of Chef Boyardee over some of the better and more unique offerings a short walk away in Epcot. I can actually kind of see why, because Spoodles and Cat Cora's place weren't very popular (even though I don't agree with TDO's mindset).

But the location on the Boardwalk is a tough one. I'm not sure folks are going out of their way to get here, unless they're hoping to send guests in the area to this location when other options are booked. At the MK, people will eat mediocre, overpriced "Italian" at Tony's Town Square because there aren't many other choices. Not sure they will do so here.

Man, I really miss Spoodles.

Yeah really enjoyed Spoodles they should have left it alone, or just brought it back.

scarr13311

And she is not much of a chef either. I thought Kouzzina was a horrible restaurant, hopefully the new Italian one will be better but I'm not counting on it. Bring back Alfredo's!

I agree Kouzzina was a terrible restaurant and the server we had was bad to; and I diffently agree that Cat Cora is over rated. All full of herself.

BRING BACK SPOODLES!!! We loved eating there.

scarr13311

have you seen the photos and menu??? take a look, this restaurant is a joke compared to Cat Cora's. She's overrated? sounds like sour grapes to me

I agree the photos of the food looked bad and not inviting. The meals look like they are all frozen dinners that have been dried out from over heating. Not sure if I am even going to bother trying Trattoria al Forno. They should of left Spoodles there instead we always enjoyed eating there.

In fact last November when we were there we were dissappointed with some of the regular restaurants that we went to. Food quality seems to be suffering. What is Disney thinking???

Figaro928

o_O

so, are you implying there is only ONE brand of frozen food that sells chicken parmigiana?

also, the comparison is not something related to position.. but of looks.

I can't tell if you're attempting to be funny and sarcastic.... or if you missed that I was attempting to be funny and sarcastic ...

People were stating that the new menu's chicken parm was looking similar to a frozen meal. i just posted an anecdotal example of a frozen meal. The two are actually quite similar in looks; hopefully NOT TASTE

Mrs.Toad

One rule I have: With a Parm, any type, veal, chicken, etc. If the cheese is a perfect geometrical shape, I get suspicious. The rest of the red flags people pretty much mentioned already.

Worst experience ever. Chicken parm with a yellow American Kraft single. Yup, it happened.

And I could kick myself for never going to Spoodles. I once just saw the menu online and it looked amazing. Sadly, I never got there.

Cesar R M

o_O

I can't tell if you're attempting to be funny and sarcastic.... or if you missed that I was attempting to be funny and sarcastic ...

People were stating that the new menu's chicken parm was looking similar to a frozen meal. i just posted an anecdotal example of a frozen meal. The two are actually quite similar in looks; hopefully NOT TASTE
sarcasm is hard to get online, try using smiles to increase the effect.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
One rule I have: With a Parm, any type, veal, chicken, etc. If the cheese is a perfect geometrical shape, I get suspicious. The rest of the red flags people pretty much mentioned already.

Worst experience ever. Chicken parm with a yellow American Kraft single. Yup, it happened.

And I could kick myself for never going to Spoodles. I once just saw the menu online and it looked amazing. Sadly, I never got there.

At Disney perhaps or the Darden restarants, I'd like to see Gordon Ramsey throw one of his epic fits about Disney food

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom