Toy Story Playland

Bocabear

Unfortunately it seems like TDO tends to do the least amount they can get away with, and then never expands the project to it's potential... Like Chester and Hester at Animal Kingdom....always felt like a placeholder for the exciting new addition that would be coming.....which never did. I have a feeling that Toy Story Playland would complete their vision for a Pixar presence at DHS.

doctornick

I haven't heard anything from insiders recently that would lead me to believe we will see construction starting any time in the near future.

It wasn't really all that long ago -- late summer/early fall of 2014 -- that we had insiders (I think @Lee and @marni1971 and @articos ) talking about how DHs was approved for a "DCA sized" budget (greater than $1 billion) for a large makeover. It sounded to me like significant things were on the way, even if Star Wars was not in the immediate future. I thought there was talk of construction starting in spring 2015 for some Pixar stuff, but here we are heading into summer and the only thing that has apparently been happening has been the BAH coming down and TSMM being expanded. I really thought by now we'd at least hear of some activity on the old Backlot Tour footprint in terms of clearing it for future builds.

Lee

Adventurer
It wasn't really all that long ago -- late summer/early fall of 2014 -- that we had insiders (I think @Lee and @marni1971 and @articos ) talking about how DHs was approved for a "DCA sized" budget (greater than $1 billion) for a large makeover. It sounded to me like significant things were on the way, even if Star Wars was not in the immediate future. I thought there was talk of construction starting in spring 2015 for some Pixar stuff, but here we are heading into summer and the only thing that has apparently been happening has been the BAH coming down and TSMM being expanded. I really thought by now we'd at least hear of some activity on the old Backlot Tour footprint in terms of clearing it for future builds.
There was such a budget assigned to DHS, and as far as I know it still is.
The whole project is sitting at a yellow light, waiting...and waiting...

The hat did get done, and the new theater space is under construction. Both are part of the larger plan.

doctornick

There was such a budget assigned to DHS, and as far as I know it still is.
The whole project is sitting at a yellow light, waiting...and waiting...

Well, that's better than the alternative of the budget being cancelled, I suppose.

The hat did get done, and the new theater space is under construction. Both are part of the larger plan.

That's fair. And I guess there's also the TSMM expansion and the GMR updates (though the later may be paid for simply by the sponsorship money). But why can't something actually new get built? It's just well beyond ridiculous at this point.

Mike S

No, the property I think everyone has really been waiting for (but they don't know it yet) is Kazaam.

A giant Shaq AA could rival a King Kong AA over at IOA :hilarious:
"Universal's got Nintendo? Bah, who needs em'? We got Shaq Fu"!!!
image.jpg

Kman101

To be fair, it's time the MK changed up their holiday offerings. Hocus Pocus is quite the random -- yet interesting -- tie-in.

Animaniac93-98

To be fair, it's time the MK changed up their holiday offerings. Hocus Pocus is quite the random -- yet interesting -- tie-in.

Is it really? The movie is a fan favourite that consistently gets good ratings on ABC Family broadcasts and has no problem selling home video units every fall with little to no effort on Disney's part.

Throwing the 3 witches into the existing castle show isn't exactly a major investment and it gets the core party audience all excited. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom