Toy Story Playland

Monorail_Red_77

I'm wondering if they are doing any work behind Toy Story ride on backlot ride area that we cannot see from the guest side. Kinda like the work going on at EPCOT for new Soarin theater.

GrumpyFan

Not as of a couple weeks back anyway.

Isn't the building behind their used for costume and set creation? At least that's what I seem to recall from the tram tour. So, before they can do anything behind there (if that is indeed the plan), they will have to re-locate those services elsewhere on property.

Monorail_Red_77

They could relocate those services (costume and set creation) to MK backstage. Maybe that would speed up the process of refurbing the sets and wardrobe on IASW and PoTC. LOL :hilarious:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn't the building behind their used for costume and set creation? At least that's what I seem to recall from the tram tour. So, before they can do anything behind there (if that is indeed the plan), they will have to re-locate those services elsewhere on property.
Costuming is in a separate building behind stage one. Unaffected by this.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
By "this" do you mean simply the TSMM expansion (which is going on in Soundstage 1) or do you mean the Toy Story Playland addition (is there any work currently being done for it?)?
Purely TSMM. All contained in the one building.

Unlike a few years ago when they actually laid survey markers and did prelim digs for the MI Coaster. And look what happened to that. Painful.

doctornick

Unlike a few years ago when they actually laid survey markers and did prelim digs for the MI Coaster. And look what happened to that. Painful.

Gotcha. So, that goes back to the question of the costume building and Toy Story Playland. The question that was posed was whether the costuming building/functions would need to be relocated for the development of TSPL and if this may be delaying ground work.

wdwgreek

Are the costume building and facilities even still functioning now that its not a working a studio? Do they still have repairs and manufacturing going on back there?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are the costume building and facilities even still functioning now that its not a working a studio? Do they still have repairs and manufacturing going on back there?
Costume has been theme park support for a long time now. It - along with every other area In use back there - could be moved within weeks if they wanted. There's so much generic, non DHS reliant departments that could be relocated almost anywhere on property.

wdwgreek

Costume has been theme park support for a long time now. It - along with every other area In use back there - could be moved within weeks if they wanted. There's so much generic, non DHS reliant departments that could be relocated almost anywhere on property.
The huge question is do they want to ?

doctornick

So, the concept of a version of Toy Story Playland has been rumored for a while now and I recall insiders saying that construction would begin in Spring 2015. I wonder if it is still being planned and what the timeframe would be, given that DHS needs all the help it can get.

Would it be reasonable to assume that we will see permits before any land clearing and building? And, thus, nothing is being done at this point? Granted that flat rides themselves could be in the process of being built off site somewhere, but the land would have to be properly prepped which would take a while before instillation.

Dice50

What does the MI Coaster stand for? Count me in the column that thinks the big DHS re-do is not happening. If it was there would be things like permits already in place. Hope I'm wrong.

Mike S

Monsters Inc. Coaster.

A suspended indoor family E Ticket that almost got built until funding was pulled.
Yeah............ :(
image.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, the concept of a version of Toy Story Playland has been rumored for a while now and I recall insiders saying that construction would begin in Spring 2015. I wonder if it is still being planned and what the timeframe would be, given that DHS needs all the help it can get.

Would it be reasonable to assume that we will see permits before any land clearing and building? And, thus, nothing is being done at this point? Granted that flat rides themselves could be in the process of being built off site somewhere, but the land would have to be properly prepped which would take a while before instillation.

I haven't heard anything from insiders recently that would lead me to believe we will see construction starting any time in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom