Toy Story Mania Layout

XS-Spence

The Mr Potato head room must be maintainence; it`s very sparse, has fixtures on all the walls and what looks like a service pit.

I think there was talk of the Mr Potato Head at the entrance of the ride being an animatronic "Living Character", like Crush from Turtle Talk. This is probably where the performer will be hooked up and interacting with the audience off-stage.

Coasterbp

If it's sitting like this....
untitled12.gif

There is room for a gift shop/exit to the bottom. (not even close to scale, but it gives a good visual)

You need to rotate the blueprint image 90 degrees in a clockwise direction. The section that they are adding to the building right now is the maint/storage area.

dave2822

Does anyone know the budget for this ride? This is not an E-ticket, right? So we shouldn't get our hopes up for anything like Spiderman.

I think we all better hope they spare no expense on this attraction. The 2006 park figures will be released in a couple of weeks and there is a strong possibility MGM is on the bottom of the Disney totem pole.

I say this because AK was only a stone's throw away from the MGM figures in 2005, and that was pre EE.

MGM Studios certainly is in need of the next big attraction.

Rwall10279

You need to rotate the blueprint image 90 degrees in a clockwise direction. The section that they are adding to the building right now is the maint/storage area.

Ahh, I was going off the guess that was made earlier. So the maint/storage area is going where the cat walk used to be between the two buildings? I havn't been there in a few years so I'm going on memory, lol.

Xadllas

From what was reported early on the ride system is similar but the movement is not fast. Hopefully someone really in the know will elaborate a little further.
Well no its just back to back seating with the cars rotating... you can kind of tell by just looking at the concept art. Its not going to be a simulator like vehicle.

Jerm

If you are looking for a attraction to liken this to I would say more like MIB:AA from USF meets Virtual Jungle Cruise from Disney Quest. It wont be fast or feel like you are flying like Spiderman and I don't think you will have any control like Buzz. But you will have 3D glasses and interactive elements. Also I think this could be an E-Ticket easy, not all E-Tickets have to be HUGE thrill type attractions.

J

DisneyMusician2

Certainly looks interesting.

I'm anxiuos to see it in action and find out if this is the beginning of something new for the Studios or it this is simply another mis-themed attraction to make cash off of Pixar.

kap91

As a correction to the colored image: The purple area is actually a handicapped loading location from what I understand with the first part of the orange section being regular load.

Slipknot

Ahh, I was going off the guess that was made earlier. So the maint/storage area is going where the cat walk used to be between the two buildings? I havn't been there in a few years so I'm going on memory, lol.

The walkway above ground between the two buildings is still there. The add-on to the building is behind it with a little section topping off just underneath it.

DisneyDellsDude

Great find. And thanks for adding color because that makes it MUCH more easier to read. I think it will be awesome to have two different tracks in the attraction! Can't wait to ride it!!!

Rwall10279

The walkway above ground between the two buildings is still there. The add-on to the building is behind it with a little section topping off just underneath it.

I see. So it is more like this then...
untitled1.jpg

So the purple area to the front where it was speculated that the exit/gift shop could be located, is where the new rounded Roof part is being built right?

I wish I could have gotten the white to be transparent, by my photo software isn't very good.

DisneyDellsDude

I see. So it is more like this then...
untitled1.jpg

So the purple area to the front where it was speculated that the exit/gift shop could be located, is where the new rounded Roof part is being built right?

I wish I could have gotten the white to be transparent, by my photo software isn't very good.

But if it's like that then, you would have to walk to the opposite side of the building to get into the queue which doesn't make sense. Unless the queue runs the length of the building and that is just the end part of it on the blueprint.

Rob562

Just for the fun of it I thought I'd play around with this. I erased the generic grid across the image and removed some of the noise which made it a lot easier to look at. Added some color and tried to identify the queues.

Standby Queue - Dark Green
FastPass Queue - Hot Pink
Merged Queue - Teal
Load/Unload - Purple
Ride Beginning - Orange
Ride Option A - Green
Ride Option B - Blue
Ride Conclusion - Red
Ride Track - Yellow Line
Maintenance Track - Dotted Yellow Line
Maintenance Building (Right Side) - Grey
Bathrooms (Bottom) - Grey
Mr Potato Head Room (?) - Brown

toy_story_mania_possibilities.jpg

One thing that I think you missed in coloring the diagram is that once the Standby and Fastpass queues merge, the queue splits again to go to the two loading zones. You can see it going off at a 45-degree angle. And I agree with the other poster who suggested that the ride goes generally clockwise through the building, and not counter-clockwise as shown in this version of the diagram.

And that track that bypasses the loading area had me perplexed until someone mentioned handicapped access. Perhaps there's a set of elevators or ramps to get over the track to that middle white portion, and they will have a car or two dedicated to handicapped riders that will load and unload in that area. It would allow a constant stream of vehicles through the load and unload areas, while giving people who need assistance all the extra time they need without backing things up. (Think the handicapped boardin platform on the Safaris)

-Rob

Thurp

I agree that it makes more sense if the track goes clockwise. That way people can unload at the end of the orange part of the diagram and it leads outside through a shop, just a few feet down from the entrance, like most other rides.

If it went in the other direction, you'd need some kind of tunnel or ramp for people to go over/under the normal queue.

Imaginationeer

I can confirm the two tracks. Track A is outerSpace and Track B is the Farm. I think, it could be the other way around. Either way it's outer space and the farm that you will be traveling to as early as Christmas Week.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I can confirm the two tracks. Track A is outerSpace and Track B is the Farm. I think, it could be the other way around. Either way it's outer space and the farm that you will be traveling to as early as Christmas Week.

Christmas weekend? sounds like a rush job to me. Knowing Lasseter though it will not be ready until Spring 2008 and be an absoluetly amazing attraction.

The only thing that scares me is that there gonna try to rush the Florida version out fast and it won't be as good as the California Adventure version.

DznyRktekt

I would be willing to bet the circles shown in the queue area are the typical wheel chair turning radius seen on most architectural drawings. I have a feeling the entire queue will most likely be fully accessible, allowing family members in wheel chairs to wait with their family.

basas

I would be willing to bet the circles shown in the queue area are the typical wheel chair turning radius seen on most architectural drawings. I have a feeling the entire queue will most likely be fully accessible, allowing family members in wheel chairs to wait with their family.

Now that I look at it, that makes lots of sense...you can see where the switchbacks would be.

QUEUE101.jpg

That look right? Looks a bit small though...I really wish Disney would make bigger queues (their new ones are so small...).

mickeymouse2818

That look right? Looks a bit small though...I really wish Disney would make bigger queues (their new ones are so small...).

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that queue configuration, trying to fit as much maze into a space as possible. Although its making me wonder, with the hype that this attraction may get, don't you think the queue is a little too small for the attraction? I can see there may be an outside queue area for overflow. How they will do that I don't know, considering there is not much "standing in line for an attraction" room on Mickey Ave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom