Toy Story Mania Layout

PKD

Original Poster
Sorry, two days late, but I just read that....VERY unlikely. Unless something MAJOR happens to put the project into warp speed, guests won't be on that ride until around Easter at the very earliest. At least that was the last word I got.....:shrug:

Can't update you on the time frame of guest enjoying the ride...... however I can give everyone a little update on the project. Several key components of the attraction will be coming to life over the next month for testing.

Pete C

If I recall, this ride is not an E-ticket, correct? Is this ride supposed to be along the lines of Buzz Lightyear in terms of investment and technology, or are they aiming higher? In other words, what level of WOW factor should we expect?

Texas84

AMAZING job everybody! Hey Lee, two words: Vince Young!
msmiley1.gif

NewfieFan

I just discovered this thread - Wow, is all I got to say! It will be interesting to see if the actual ride matches up with "our" interpretation of it. So, will this ride then be opening in Spring (maybe April) 2008?

PeeplMoovr

This is the best thread I've seen on this site in some time. Not knocking other threads, but what you've done with the simple blueprint from the OP is fantastic - especially laying it over the real pic in DCA to show the ride layout.
Keep up the good work.

Now please do the same sort of thing for the empty lot behind Minnie-Mickey that was to become Beastly Kingdom. :lol:

abreadcrumboi

The bottom of the picture appears the be the load/unload area. The far right is the Maint. Bay and docking area. There appears to be an A track and a B track once you leave the station, i.e. Men in Black. The A track is the outer track and the B is the one in the middle that curves.

werent there rumors about the attraction encompassing two stories

abreadcrumboi

Only flaw with your proposed unload is it doesn't explain the track switches to the left of the boarding zone...they would be irrevelant

I'd venture to agree with those who guessed that area is handicapped loading, which might also indicate there is a stair bridge of some sort to the loading island

the switches could be for handicap loading considering that it could take longer for them to load and unload .. and im sure they want the ride moving at a normal pace... or it could be and alternate ending switch

mickhyperion

This is the best thread I've seen on this site in some time. Not knocking other threads, but what you've done with the simple blueprint from the OP is fantastic - especially laying it over the real pic in DCA to show the ride layout.
Keep up the good work.

Now please do the same sort of thing for the empty lot behind Minnie-Mickey that was to become Beastly Kingdom. :lol:
Thanks! I work in public art and create concept artwork and 3D models for other artists everyday. This was just like another day at work for me. Couldn't have done it without the OP getting the ball rolling.

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing the two tracks will be for capacity reasons, and rumor has it that it will be two separate sets of games. I believe the original rumors were a space track and a farm track. No idea how much truth is behind that.

mickhyperion

If anyone wants to check out an absolutely MASSIVE thread on MouseInfo about the Toy Story Midway Mania construction/speculation in California Adventure, take a look here.

Buried20KLeague

If anyone wants to check out an absolutely MASSIVE thread on MouseInfo about the Toy Story Midway Mania construction/speculation in California Adventure, take a look here.

HOLY COW. That thread is 309 pages. It might be helpful if you could point out where the interesting bits are so we don't have to wade through 309 pages to find it. :wave:

Sil

hello, so does anybody know when the toy story ride will be open? i will be heading there in mid may next year is there a chance it could be open by then?

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing that at least soft openings will begin by April, so you should be good. I too am debating going at the end of May, but I'm holding off booking anything until a more definitive timetable on Toy Story Mania is established.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom