Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Wow, what a conveniently diverse set of "guests". Also, who wears a button-down dress shirt to a theme park?
And they know not to put their hands up on a rollercoaster!

Looking at the images, this is objectively the best looking Toy Story Land. Also, credit where due, the foliage is wonderful and actually looks like a yard that could use a good mowing. This one in particular shows that the horticulture team deserves mad props:

Toy-Story-Land_Full_33002.jpg

It literally looks like a little kid left his toys outside.

Honest question--if this is now an option, why did Shanghai get another garbage Playland?

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

The Orlando Sentinel on Slinky Dog, similar take to what we heard from CM previews regarding intensity-level:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...tory-land-slinky-dog-dash-20180626-story.html

More from the OS on the entire land, with a bunch of good new photos:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ey-toy-story-land-preview-20180624-story.html

...and The New York Times “review” (not really much opinion provided, though):

https://nytimes.com/2018/06/28/travel/toy-story-land-park-disney.html

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
And they know not to put their hands up on a rollercoaster!

Looking at the images, this is objectively the best looking Toy Story Land. Also, credit where due, the foliage is wonderful and actually looks like a yard that could use a good mowing. This one in particular shows that the horticulture team deserves mad props:

Toy-Story-Land_Full_33002.jpg

It literally looks like a little kid left his toys outside.

Honest question--if this is now an option, why did Shanghai get another garbage Playland?
Agreed, these views look really good.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seeing videos on other sites and it's interesting that they made the decision for the train to come to not only come to a full stop before the second launch, but actually have a bit of a "pull back" (where the train backs up a few feet almost as if Slinky is being stretched or it's one of those toys that you pull back and let go). I mean, thematically, it's a fun little detail, but from a capacity standpoint, it would seem to hurt the capacity slightly (as opposed to just straight launching through the second launch).

Pete C

Just saw the final seating area for Woody's Lunchbox, and what a complete failure it is. Movable tables and chairs with no umbrellas? Are you kidding me Disney??? It was bad enough to not have an interior quick service restaurant with AC so people could find some relief from the heat...the land is already completely open air outside of TSM. However, now we are outside with no shade in the seating area at all. That is SHAMEFUL cost cutting. Look back at the concept art and the miniature model. The tables were the stationary type with integrated benches and umbrellas:
Toy-Story-Land-Woodys-Lunch-Box.jpg

What we see here are loose lightweight tables not anchored to the ground that will definitely not support an umbrella (photo from Inside the Magic). Welcome to hell:
https://i2.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-27-at-3.12.10-PM.jpg?ssl=1

Who could possibly enjoy sitting outside in direct sunlight outside of December - March? How are people supposed to do to sit down and enjoy their lunch? Are there any other primary quick service seating area anywhere in WDW with no umbrellas or shade? I can't think of any.

maxairmike

Just saw the final seating area for Woody's Lunchbox, and what a complete failure it is. Movable tables and chairs with no umbrellas? Are you kidding me Disney??? It was bad enough to not have an interior quick service restaurant with AC so people could find some relief from the heat...the land is already completely open air outside of TSM. However, now we are outside with no shade in the seating area at all. That is SHAMEFUL cost cutting. Look back at the concept art and the miniature model. The tables were the stationary type with integrated benches and umbrellas:
View attachment 292707

What we see here are loose lightweight tables not anchored to the ground that will definitely not support an umbrella (photo from Inside the Magic). Welcome to hell:
https://i2.wp.com//wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-27-at-3.12.10-PM.jpg?ssl=1

Who could possibly enjoy sitting outside in direct sunlight outside of December - March? How are people supposed to do to sit down and enjoy their lunch? Are there any other primary quick service seating area anywhere in WDW with no umbrellas or shade? I can't think of any.

I wonder why they removed the umbrellas, as they were there the other day on probably 90% of the tables. I'm going to guess its to allow more angles for the press to photograph the area without the umbrellas cluttering things up.

HauntedMansion513

View attachment 292707

Could be wrong, but I think I see an umbrella hole in the nearest table... Hoping that's the case and they just haven't put them in yet.

Pete C

Ah, so they did have umbrellas on them? That is good to hear, but it doesn't look like those tables can support an large umbrella properly. Are the tables anchored to the ground and it just looks like they are loose?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 292707

The table doesn't need to support the umbrella, you can get umbrellas with weighted bases that go under the table. Since the table has a hole for an umbrella I will assume they will add them by opening.

peter11435

View attachment 292707

Why are you assuming this is the final seating. The land is not even open yet. It is not the final seating.

Pete C

The table doesn't need to support the umbrella, you can get umbrellas with weighted bases that go under the table. Since the table has a hole for an umbrella I will assume they will add them by opening.

Okay good point...whew. I didn't really consider weighted bases on the umbrellas. :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ah, so they did have umbrellas on them? That is good to hear, but it doesn't look like those tables can support an large umbrella properly. Are the tables anchored to the ground and it just looks like they are loose?
Maybe they were temporary and the actual heavy duty ones are going to be installed.

maxairmike

Why are you assuming this is the final seating. The land is not even open yet. It is not the final seating.

It pretty much is the finished seating, the only thing the picture is missing are the few massive Babybel themed tables and chairs. Just add some umbrellas and the Babybel tables and that's it. I think the tables are a little sturdier than the pictures suggest, I know the chairs seemed to be.

EDIT: I suppose they could have more Babybel themed tables coming, and those are massive in an overbuilt way, not necessarily in size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom