Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

The original Autopia in DL occupys HUGE amounts of space. There isn't a large footprint in this area for the Speedway to occupy. Do you think it's a smart idea to have both a speedway and rollercoaster interacting with each other in such a small area? Too much and unnecessary congestion.
The current Speedway and current Slinky Dog Dash take up similar amounts of space. When you add in elevation changes to the Speedway track where it can weave in and around a coaster track it would greatly improve the land, IMO.

JohnyKaz2078

The current Speedway and current Slinky Dog Dash take up similar amounts of space. When you add in elevation changes to the Speedway track where it can weave in and around a coaster track it would greatly improve the land, IMO.

You mean the TL Speedway in MK or Autopia in DL? Because Autopia is bigger than TSL as a whole.

RSoxNo1

You mean the TL Speedway in MK or Autopia in DL? Because Autopia is bigger than TSL as a whole.
I'm talking Tomorrowland Speedway, not Autopia. I recognize that Speedway/Autopia type attractions are very popular with the 16 and under crowd, however the space that they're in needs to be better utilized. Putting a version in Toy Story Land would allow them to remove it from MK where the Fantasyland adjacent real estate is incredibly valuable. If you want to put something in the size of Autopia, you need to find a way to have that track weave in and around other attractions. The current space for Autopia in Disneyland is not commensorate with the amount of guests it satisfies.

JohnyKaz2078

I'm talking Tomorrowland Speedway, not Autopia. I recognize that Speedway/Autopia type attractions are very popular with the 16 and under crowd, however the space that they're in needs to be better utilized. Putting a version in Toy Story Land would allow them to remove it from MK where the Fantasyland adjacent real estate is incredibly valuable. If you want to put something in the size of Autopia, you need to find a way to have that track weave in and around other attractions. The current space for Autopia in Disneyland is not commensorate with the amount of guests it satisfies.

Agreed. But TSL might not be the perfect place.

RSoxNo1

Agreed. But TSL might not be the perfect place.
Perhaps, it was just the next place where I saw the opportunity. I said the same thing about Cars Land back in the day. Finding a way to integrate a Speedway attraction in and around the rockwork and Radiator Spring Racers may have been a missed opportunity (or potentially too cluttered).

JohnyKaz2078

Perhaps, it was just the next place where I saw the opportunity. I said the same thing about Cars Land back in the day. Finding a way to integrate a Speedway attraction in and around the rockwork and Radiator Spring Racers may have been a missed opportunity (or potentially too cluttered).

Probably cluttered. Even so RSR still kinda resembles a speedway, except for the inside show scene.

RSoxNo1

Probably cluttered. Even so RSR still kinda resembles a speedway, except for the inside show scene.
I do like the idea of the speedway with that backdrop though. While RSR may resemble the speedway, the appeal to the speedway crowd isn't there in as much as you're not driving your RSR vehicle. Sure, RSR is a better ride, I'm just trying to fill a specific ride need.

JohnyKaz2078

I do like the idea of the speedway with that backdrop though. While RSR may resemble the speedway, the appeal to the speedway crowd isn't there in as much as you're not driving your RSR vehicle. Sure, RSR is a better ride, I'm just trying to fill a specific ride need.

Okay :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Finding a way to integrate a Speedway attraction in and around the rockwork and Radiator Spring Racers may have been a missed opportunity (or potentially too cluttered).

If they wanted a speedway style attraction set in the Radiator Springs area, based on the generally slow speed of such attractions, having it be themed to a sightseeing tour of mock Route 66 attractions in a Model T style "Stanley" car would have been fun...

Princess Leia

This is sure a lot of hoopla for an off the shelf whip ride and a family coaster. Imagine if they had included one more E ticket attraction to make a robust land.
Doesn’t need to even be an E-ticket. I’d take a C as long as it fit the land (isn’t Saucers considered a C?)
I’m assuming that RC Racers and the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop didn’t make the cut due to being too tall- can an insider confirm that?

MagicHappens1971

Doesn’t need to even be an E-ticket. I’d take a C as long as it fit the land (isn’t Saucers considered a C?)
I’m assuming that RC Racers and the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop didn’t make the cut due to being too tall- can an insider confirm that?
I'm not an insider, but if I do remember correctly, an insider has confirmed that they were too tall.

ChristianG

2) How will this lighting play during the day? Maybe Saucers will be interesting since the roof seems large enough to block a lot of sunlight. Slink may lose a lot which is a shame, the lighting seems to really enhance "your average family coaster" :rolleyes:

I wouldn't count on Saucers effects being super present during the day. Just look at Incredicoaster - the tunnels are way more enclosed than Saucers and a lot of the lighting effects in them are lost or scaled down during the day.

The lighting in TSL is cool but the problem with building outdoor attractions that use nighttime effects as a draw is that the day to night operating hours ratio is unbalanced.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Is there any rumours about the former Sweet Spells location? I went to Toy Story Land yesterday and I did see two merchandise carts that aren't open yet but I thought Sweet Spells was getting remodeled into a new Toy Story Store? I haven't heard anything about it since it closed though. I forgot to look at the storefront as I was walking yesterday.

spectromagic04

Went on the Saucers today and I wasn’t impressed. It was fun but it was extremely bumpy and rough something I wasn’t expecting. Thought it would be a lot smoother and not something that’ll give you a headache.

TJJohn12

Went on the Saucers today and I wasn’t impressed. It was fun but it was extremely bumpy and rough something I wasn’t expecting. Thought it would be a lot smoother and not something that’ll give you a headache.

I remember that what made up for that for me at DCA was the Mater theming and the soundtrack. How were the theming and music to you?

Aveku

A place called Toy Story Land being a favorite for families with little kids? What were they thinking? Don't they care at all about the thrill seeker?

Lmao. 😂 You’re funny!

I was talking specifically about the Slinky roller coaster, not the land itself. Like I said, the ride is cute and it will be a favorite for families with little kids, and I’m totally ok with that. Doesn’t mean that I don’t think it could have been cooler if it went a little faster! :)

Man, it would have been cool if at night the speed changed to make it more thrilling and exciting for teens and adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom