Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

didn't you say you hate big coasters?
Sorry, I still don't understand what you are saying. What does that have to do with this discussion. I hate all coasters unless they are in a Disney Park. I just don't like the feel they leave me with. But, ToT isn't a coaster so why has that entered into the discussion. I'm not trying to be snotty, I just really am missing what point you are trying to make. You may be right, I just am unable to connect the dots.

lazyboy97o

I assume you are mentioning them because they had problems and the answer is still yes. I rode them in 2005 I don't know if incidents happened before or after that, but, it seems to me to be a fluke. If one takes into consideration the numbers of times those things have gone over those tracks since opening, the rate of problem is pretty impressive. I'm sure you are attempting to have a message that you so carefully hide in most of your posts. So I might have missed this one.
Space Mountain was not a fluke. Disney knew the structure was going to fail and got extremely lucky.

Goofyernmost

Just pointing out even Disney coasters aren’t as safe as you thought. Although I would hope lessons were learnt.
Martin... walking across the street isn't safe either, riding in you car isn't safe as well. The thing is that when it comes to amusement parks we have a choice. If I decided that in spite of the unwarranted position that not enough maintenance is being done, I still feel that Disney has a lot more at stake then any other park with the other parks collection of heart stopping thrills. Saving a penny isn't possible if you are forced to pay out millions in legal settlements and everyone knows how deep Disney's pockets are. And we know that they have their own Army of lawyers screaming that in their ears constantly. In other words, everything in life has a risk. But, some calculation is required to determine what is more likely to happen and where that is likely to be.

Goofyernmost

Space Mountain was not a fluke. Disney knew the structure was going to fail and got extremely lucky.
That has been said more then once, but, major even criminal actions would be taken if that could be proven. If they knew in advance that would make them personally liable as well as corporately. If people knew and never really spoke up in anything other then secret whispers, then that isn't fact. Someplace there was a feeling of reasonable doubt that anything bad might happen. But, I really can't speak for Space Mountain because I never even heard about anything bad happening. BTM, I had heard of, but, still not convinced that it isn't 20/20 hindsight that is making it seem a clear violation.

lazyboy97o

That has been said more then once, but, major even criminal actions would be taken if that could be proven. If they knew in advance that would make them personally liable as well as corporately. If people knew and never really spoke up in anything other then secret whispers, then that isn't fact. Someplace there was a feeling of reasonable doubt that anything bad might happen. But, I really can't speak for Space Mountain because I never even heard about anything bad happening. BTM, I had heard of, but, still not convinced that it isn't 20/20 hindsight that is making it seem a clear violation.
What charge would be filed against Disney regarding Space Mountain? What grounds would someone have for filing suit? Space Mountain was completely replaced. That is absolute fact. They knew the track had to be replaced because they already had one ordered. Nothing bad happened because the failure was caught overnight.

Goofyernmost

What charge would be filed against Disney regarding Space Mountain? What grounds would someone have for filing suit? Space Mountain was completely replaced. That is absolute fact. They knew the track had to be replaced because they already had one ordered. Nothing bad happened because the failure was caught overnight.
So we are concerned about a event that didn't happen? One that they were already taking seriously enough to order replacement parts for and monitor closely enough that any problem was actually prevented? Sorry, but, that is no reason to not trust them to take care of things.

lazyboy97o

So we are concerned about a event that didn't happen? One that they were already taking seriously enough to order replacement parts for and monitor closely enough that any problem was actually prevented? Sorry, but, that is no reason to not trust them to take care of things.
The track failed months before it was expected to be unsuitable for operation. If that failure had occurred only a few hours before or after then it would have been while guests were riding.

Goofyernmost

The track failed months before it was expected to be unsuitable for operation. If that failure had occurred only a few hours before or after then it would have been while guests were riding.
But, it didn't!! So to use it as an example is the same as saying that their system is so bad that they caught the problem before it actually caused any harm. Can't seem to find any fault with that. I surely would if something bad actually happened, but, it didn't! Why because they were watching and stopped it before it harmed anyone. Isn't that good? If no guests were riding it at the time, then they were testing it and probably to see if that problem had gotten worse. It had, they shut it down. No one was hurt. I still cannot understand why that is bad.

TheGhostWithTheMost

It's amazing to me, the defense of disney when they had a track collapse. Also, I could tell most of you things about the operational safety of Pirates Of the Caribbean at WDW to make your hair curl. Just because it's at Disney and you paid a high ticket price does not make it safe. Space Mountain and POTC are... scary

Kman101

It's way over exaggerated. The track is not as bumpy as most say.

Eh, it's not THAT over exaggerated. I can't ride SM at the MK anymore. It's not a fun experience, but I guess if the bumpiness doesn't bother some that's fine. But the track needs a complete replacement. Coasters can only last so long. In the case of Space Mountain, this isn't a case of people just being negative, IMHO. There was a reason it should have had a much different refurb than it got, right @marni1971 (Thanks Uncle Phil!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom