Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

UpAllNight

They have been adding trees and theming bit by bit for months now, and I would expect that to continue.

I hope you’re right...I’ve just looked at the original concept art and it’s a shame that’s not what we’re getting. The reported costs make no logical sense to me no matter how you crunch the numbers.

Next Big Thing

Seems ununusal that they wouldn’t do it same time as the other theming...I personally expect just more trees,
They have been adding trees and theming bit by bit for months now, and I would expect that to continue.
Yes and they still have another batch of pre-fab props to add for the Saucers ride soon, which is closer to that side of the coaster. They could be waiting until A.S.S. is ready for it's props before giving Slinky it's final thematic props.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I assume he is talking about this, which would be very visible when leaving the land and from the coaster.
There's going to be a lot of things visible outside TSL from the top of the coaster. Even Disney's own mock-up POV showed being able to see some buildings, especially the Chinese theater.

I hope you’re right...I’ve just looked at the original concept art and it’s a shame that’s not what we’re getting. The reported costs make no logical sense to me no matter how you crunch the numbers.
The original concept, though it looked cooler, included non-practical things like guest paths walking under the coaster. Can't do that without netting or roofing to protect the pedestrians from falling cell phones, which would have not looked nice. It had to change.

WDWYankee15

There's going to be a lot of things visible outside TSL from the top of the coaster. Even Disney's own mock-up POV showed being able to see some buildings, especially the Chinese theater.

The original concept, though it looked cooler, included non-practical things like guest paths walking under the coaster. Can't do that without netting or roofing to protect the pedestrians from falling cell phones, which would have not looked nice. It had to change.
Just think, there are all sorts of buildings Andy can see "outside of his yard." Therefore, anything outside the "fence" is themed. :)

whiterhino42

No, if the coaster looks tame enough it will be ridden by all ages that are allowed. That one looks very tame, no severe drops, no inversions or corkscrews. It will get a lot of families and younger children riding with their parents. It certainly will not be as intense as Big Thunder or even 7DMT. It will be someplace between 7DMT and Goofy. Expect long lines, the quintessential "if you build it they will come", ride.

Actually not true. Many people don't like coasters. I've never gone on ANY of disneys coasters but I love dinasaur, star tours etc.... You are wrong if you think 99% will ride it....a LOT of people don't ride coasters.

sedati

If you look at this image cropped from one posted here today:
1515474641856.png

it seems the bridge leading to Slinky has been redesigned from what has appeared in both art and model. Those showed a Tinker Toy creation:
1515475147194.png

There are gaps along the top of the walls that indicate more elements are still to be added (along with paint) but this looks more like Lincoln Logs or blocks to me.

The reason could be location- the bridge passes over the ride track and probably they don't want anyone to be able to drop anything down on to the track or passengers. The design in the concept art had many openings, and this looks quite high and solid. If you look at the approaching worker, you can get a sense of the wall's height.

Goofyernmost

Actually not true. Many people don't like coasters. I've never gone on ANY of disneys coasters but I love dinasaur, star tours etc.... You are wrong if you think 99% will ride it....a LOT of people don't ride coasters.
Don't believe I mentioned any 99% at all. However, contrary to how much you want everyone else to be unwilling to ride a coaster there are just as many, if not more that will. This is a very calm coaster, I can't figure out what anyone would be worried about and this is coming from a confirmed, lifetime hatred of coasters. I have ridden everyone in Disney because I trust them to keep everything safe and also because I don't need the adreniline rush. I enjoy it for it's fun. So I'm one of the ones that hates coasters, but, will ride this one anyway. So, I stand by what I said and I believe it will be shown to actually be true.

Bob Harlem

Recently overheard at a restaurant along restaurant row (Sand lake rd/ RT) from someone involved with the project, so take it or leave it.

Some more of the toy story theme elements have been cut from the latest concept art (may have been lassiter losing some leverage?), and Slinky Dog is squarely in the middle between Barnstormer and Seven Dwarfs Mine train. The launches are very comparible to Firechaser Express at Dollywood, but wiithout the show scene.

matt9112

Don't believe I mentioned any 99% at all. However, contrary to how much you want everyone else to be unwilling to ride a coaster there are just as many, if not more that will. This is a very calm coaster, I can't figure out what anyone would be worried about and this is coming from a confirmed, lifetime hatred of coasters. I have ridden everyone in Disney because I trust them to keep everything safe and also because I don't need the adreniline rush. I enjoy it for it's fun. So I'm one of the ones that hates coasters, but, will ride this one anyway. So, I stand by what I said and I believe it will be shown to actually be true.

I want to see your face on Sheikra....do you ride TOT?

not trying to thread jack :) so to stay on topic here's my two cents.
looks slow.

HauntedMansionFLA

If you look at this image cropped from one posted here today:
View attachment 255293

it seems the bridge leading to Slinky has been redesigned from what has appeared in both art and model. Those showed a Tinker Toy creation:
View attachment 255294

There are gaps along the top of the walls that indicate more elements are still to be added (along with paint) but this looks more like Lincoln Logs or blocks to me.

The reason could be location- the bridge passes over the ride track and probably they don't want anyone to be able to drop anything down on to the track or passengers. The design in the concept art had many openings, and this looks quite high and solid. If you look at the approaching worker, you can get a sense of the wall's height.
I hope the rest of the land has tinker toy fencing throughout the land. It’s shaping up.

Goofyernmost

Including BTM and Space at DL...
I assume you are mentioning them because they had problems and the answer is still yes. I rode them in 2005 I don't know if incidents happened before or after that, but, it seems to me to be a fluke. If one takes into consideration the numbers of times those things have gone over those tracks since opening, the rate of problem is pretty impressive. I'm sure you are attempting to have a message that you so carefully hide in most of your posts. So I might have missed this one.

Goofyernmost

I want to see your face on Sheikra....do you ride TOT?

not trying to thread jack :) so to stay on topic here's my two cents.
looks slow.
I can't help but think that there was a point to that post... just went over my head I guess as I cannot figure out what point you are making. Yes, I ride ToT every time I go there. Why do you ask?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom