Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

clemmo

Not sure if we knew this or not but screamscape reported that the slinky dog coaster is by Mack rides. They are the ones behind cobra's curse at BGT and virtually every coaster at Europa park. Question is if this is the case, why the break with vekoma?

ToTBellHop

Not sure if we knew this or not but screamscape reported that the slinky dog coaster is by Mack rides. They are the ones behind cobra's curse at BGT and virtually every coaster at Europa park. Question is if this is the case, why the break with vekoma?
Yes it is a Mack. As to your second question, I don't know. Mack provided the product they were looking for?

WDWFREAK53

Pardon me if this has been answered...I'll admit that I'm too lazy to go through this entire thread. Has Mr. Potatohead returned to TSM?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IMG_6838.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Queue modifications for access to the third track I believe
This.

The current long standby hall (the original studios reception hall) will become even longer. Where Mr Head was, the wall behind him, and the current 3rd track access corridor will all become an open extension of the switchback area all the way to the current southern wall of the building. New structures beyond this will extend the switchback further south and west towards the new entrance.

UpAllNight

I still can't figure out how this is taking up so much land...are the meet and greet spaces definitely axed?

I think this will be ok for what it is...but as an overall "new for 2018" offering it's pretty poor from Disney. Maybe we will see some of those entertainment refreshes across DHS too. With nothing else on the drawing board for next year, it looks like a relatively quiet one across Orlando (sigh @ fast and furious)

clemmo

I still can't figure out how this is taking up so much land...are the meet and greet spaces definitely axed?

I think this will be ok for what it is...but as an overall "new for 2018" offering it's pretty poor from Disney. Maybe we will see some of those entertainment refreshes across DHS too. With nothing else on the drawing board for next year, it looks like a relatively quiet one across Orlando (sigh @ fast and furious)
Considering we've gone years without new attractions at least we have actual new offerings next year. Plus it adds something new to a park that is in severe need of help. The offerings imo won't be lacking but the quality could be.

Tavernacle12

I still can't figure out how this is taking up so much land...are the meet and greet spaces definitely axed?)

I'd imagine they could pop in a meet and greet later on if they wanted to, depending on the exact layout of the land. I'm curious how much they promote this whole thing, since it'll pretty much be new by itself (as opposed to being part of a bigger season of new offerings). I can't imagine anyone planning a trip just for it unless they're a huge Toy Story fan AND have no knowledge of what's actually there.
I will say that kids who's first experience with the park is after this opens will probably like the land a lot more than those of us who've been before. To them it'll be a land with a mini-roller coaster, a spinner, and Toy Story Mania, whereas to the rest of us its a spinner and a mini-roller coaster... if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Pedro Soto

I'd imagine they could pop in a meet and greet later on if they wanted to, depending on the exact layout of the land. I'm curious how much they promote this whole thing, since it'll pretty much be new by itself (as opposed to being part of a bigger season of new offerings). I can't imagine anyone planning a trip just for it unless they're a huge Toy Story fan AND have no knowledge of what's actually there.
I will say that kids who's first experience with the park is after this opens will probably like the land a lot more than those of us who've been before. To them it'll be a land with a mini-roller coaster, a spinner, and Toy Story Mania, whereas to the rest of us its a spinner and a mini-roller coaster... if that makes sense.

Well my family & I are looking forward to it, we are big Toy Story fans so we are planning next years trip around the opening of this land. I know it doesn't have all the bells & whistles but its a new addition that this park desperately needs till SWL gets here :)

Kman101

And for the amount of land, I still can't get over them cutting the Woody's Roundup area. It was at least unique to our Toy Story Land, so of course that's what gets axed. I'm sure it was just a meet and greet but still ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom