Too much BOG?

Mrhappyplace

I don't think it is too much.

I've had two meals at BoG a dinner and a breakfast and really enjoyed both. The steak I got at dinner I enjoyed more then the steak I had a few nights before at Narcoossee's (a signature dinning) and it is by far my favorite place to eat in the MK.

In any event enjoy whatever meals you decide to eat there and your trip!

lemon meringue

We love BOG and if we can get a reservation we go every trip. That said, I think 9:20 is really late for getting small children to sit still through a full table service dinner, especially since it sounds like you're planning to have been in the park all day long. A table service meal takes time and while there is a lot to look at in BOG, your children will have already seen it at lunch time. They'd probably do better with something new to see. I know mine would. A dinner at BOG typically takes us an hour and a half. Lunch isn't always speedy either. On our February trip we waited 40 minutes for our food to be delivered, and we had pre-ordered. Your plan is just a lot for one day.

Sordicampos

Last year I was very excited to try BOG and I was really happy because I managed to get 3 reservations as well. After my first meal there, I canceled the other 2. It's a beautiful place, but it's very noisy and the experience felt rushed. The food is just okay and the menu is not that inspiring. During that trip we spent 12 days at Walt Disney World and I had meals in more than 15 different restaurants. BOG was one of my least favorite meals. It's so overrated.

bee

Go the first time, see if you REALLY like it enough to go again, and decide from there. My wife and I did both lunch and dinner last July and enjoyed the two very different experiences. We took her parents for lunch in January and it was fun to watch them see it for the first time (they are not reservation savvy people so they wouldn't have gone if we hadn't found the reservation). But that was plenty for us. Unless there is a vast menu change or something we won't be back for a few years probably.

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Keeping breakfast and was able to move dinner to 8:25. Canceled lunch for an early dinner at 'Ohana. DH is interested in comparing steak at BoG and Narcoosee's - like someone mentioned. Thanks everyone for the input!

draybook

Call us crazy then, because we have 5 reservations on our upcoming September trip. We'll probably end up dropping 1, maybe 2 to try new stuff, but we know what we like.

UncleFastpass

I was just able to bump dinner up to 8:25 and I'm looking for earlier still. My youngest is only 18 months - so I hope I get luck with something earlier. As far as 3 times in one trip, this is a short trip. B and L are QS, which seems to be a value you can't beat. I got 3 at BOG because I figured there must be a reason it's hard to get BOG and easy to get CP and similar. That was my reasoning anyway. Good points on here though. Thanks everyone and wish me luck!
You said there must be a reason it is so popular,I think the reason is that it is new,so everyone wants to go there.there are people who really like the food(some people like hot dogs others think they are ok still others hate them)I personally think the food is just ok( dinner is better than lunch)for me it is definitely the experience, I don't go there to have a good meal, there are better places.Good luck!

DfromATX

Keeping breakfast and was able to move dinner to 8:25. Canceled lunch for an early dinner at 'Ohana. DH is interested in comparing steak at BoG and Narcoosee's - like someone mentioned. Thanks everyone for the input!

We love 'Ohana!! It's very festive and the food is delicious. We eat there every trip (only once per trip ha ha).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom