Too much BOG?

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Hi! We have a party of 6, including 3 kids under 5. I managed to get 3 Be Our Guest reservations and I'm wondering if that's too much of the same? We also have Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and the Royal Table. I traded our Narcoosee's reservation for a 9:20 BOG.
Tuesday 9:45am BOG
Wednesday 12:15pm BOG
Wednesday 9:20pm BOG (worried about it being late for the kids).

belledream

We are so addicted to BOG...last year we did B, L, and D at BOG all in the same day and didn't regret it at all! It's not like the menus are the same at each time of day, so our food was always different, and depending on which dining room you sit in, you could have three very different atmospheres while you eat.

That being said, if there are other places you'd like to try for different cuisine or experience that you've never tried before, it might make sense to branch out and try new things. :) But I wouldn't worry about being 'too much of the same' since you can make each meal very different!

epcotisbest

Hi! We have a party of 6, including 3 kids under 5. I managed to get 3 Be Our Guest reservations and I'm wondering if that's too much of the same? We also have Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and the Royal Table. I traded our Narcoosee's reservation for a 9:20 BOG.
Tuesday 9:45am BOG
Wednesday 12:15pm BOG
Wednesday 9:20pm BOG (worried about it being late for the kids).
Yes, too much by at least two. With so many WDW dining choices, why repeat a place three times? Yes, three different meals, but the main reason to go to BOG is for the experience first, meal second. Go, see it, enjoy, then go somewhere else, or at least that is what I would do. So many choices, so little time.

epcotisbest

We are so addicted to BOG...last year we did B, L, and D at BOG all in the same day and didn't regret it at all! It's not like the menus are the same at each time of day, so our food was always different, and depending on which dining room you sit in, you could have three very different atmospheres while you eat.

That being said, if there are other places you'd like to try for different cuisine or experience that you've never tried before, it might make sense to branch out and try new things. :) But I wouldn't worry about being 'too much of the same' since you can make each meal very different!
Personally, I would not eat at the same place three times in one day. Just too many other places you miss out on doing that. But first and foremost, what makes you happy is none of my concern. If you want to eat at the same place every day for a week, that is OK by me too. Questionable, but still OK. Your money, your choice.

Last edited:

belledream

Personally, I would not eat at the same place three times in one day. Just to many other places you miss out on doing that. But first and foremost, what makes you happy is none of my concern. If you want to eat at the same place every day for a week, that is OK by me too. Questionable, but still OK. Your money, your choice.
It was a long trip. We had a lot of days at MK and still dined at all of our other choices! BatB holds sentimental value to us too. :)

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Personally, I would not eat at the same place three times in one day. Just to many other places you miss out on doing that. But first and foremost, what makes you happy is none of my concern. If you want to eat at the same place every day for a week, that is OK by me too. Questionable, but still OK. Your money, your choice.

I should also add that we have a meal plan. So, B and L are Quick Service (looks like the best QS around) and D is only 1 credit. This is our first trip to Disney and I see how hard it is to get BOG so I'm hesitant to cancel!

belledream

I should also add that we have a meal plan. So, B and L are Quick Service (looks like the best QS around) and D is only 1 credit. This is our first trip to Disney and I see how hard it is to get BOG so I'm hesitant to cancel!
I agree, we think every BOG meal is a good value for the dining plan by MK standards. I was only speaking to the possibility that each meal can be a unique experience. But really, only you know what your kids will enjoy! You already have a lot of character buffets down, so it seems that you are keeping them well-entertained. :happy:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I think doing different meals and repeating a place is okay we often do BOG for lunch and BOG for dinner BUT not on the same day usually. We have done 2 lunches at BOG in one trip before though. Also our trips are long 2 weeks so for us we still eat a huge variety of food so repeating one is no big deal being we eat at so many different places during the 2 weeks. A shorter trip no we probably would not repeat the same meal at one place but would do say a lunch and dinner like mentioned at BOG being its 2 seperate types of meals.
But if that's what your family wants the 3 repeat visits to BOG I say go for it! Do what you all want not what others want. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I agree, that is a lot of BoG. There are so many other good options to try, and although BoG is the best in the MK, I wouldn't do it that many times in one trip unless you have been before and think it is really amazing.

That 9:20pm does sound really late for the little ones. you probably won't even be eating until 9:45 after getting inside and ordering.

CaptainAmerica

That 9:20pm does sound really late for the little ones. you probably won't even be eating until 9:45 after getting inside and ordering.
Projecting that out, that's eating until 10:30 then trapped in the back of the park behind the Wishes / MSEP crowds all leaving at the same time. Get to the bus stop at 11:00, then a 15 minute wait for a standing-room only bus. Back to the room at midnight and it's 12:45 before teeth are brushed and everyone is bathed and in bed. No matter how late you sleep in, that's a recipe for exhaustion for kids that age.

Wellington2011

Original Poster
Projecting that out, that's eating until 10:30 then trapped in the back of the park behind the Wishes / MSEP crowds all leaving at the same time. Get to the bus stop at 11:00, then a 15 minute wait for a standing-room only bus. Back to the room at midnight and it's 12:45 before teeth are brushed and everyone is bathed and in bed. No matter how late you sleep in, that's a recipe for exhaustion for kids that age.

Ah, well when you put it like that! We're staying at the GF, so we don't have to deal with the bus. But this is good feedback. Thanks.

Mickey5150

There are a lot of great restaurants in WDW but I would never tell someone that 1 restaurant is too much. If I could I would probably eat at Raglan Road all the time. Eat what you love.

disney4life2008

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Ok, that is a little extreme. I think dinner at BOG is enough. But I am not one to talk, if I could I would do Ohana 3 days in a row lol

ratherbeinwdw

I would change the breakfast to Crystal Palace. I don't think children that young will be that impressed with BOG that they would want to do it more than once. The lunch time, at BOG, is so loud and hectic, that we don't enjoy it. The atmosphere at night is very different than at lunch. Having said all that, we are doing lunch there on our next trip since my son and his girlfriend have never been there. They weren't interested in the evening menu. Three of the five of us are vegetarian or vegan and the choices didn't appeal to them.
It really is a must, at least once. It is beautiful, and Beast is there in the evening.

Last edited:

cornandacobb

Congrats on getting 3 reservations at BOG. You could probably sell one or two on the black market.

When we go the DW, we never dine at the same place twice. But that's us. If the reservations were farther apart (i.e. front end and back end of a week long trip) then maybe I'd consider it. If you could move at least one, I'd suggest that. It's really a wonderful dining experience, but like others have said, there are so many options.
As far as the late dinner, yeah, that could be problematic for 3 toddlers. We have an 8:40 PM at BoG for our upcoming June trip and we have been furiously trying to bump up the time. My kids are 16, 12 and 5. So I only have one toddler and I am worried about the late meal. We'll make sure she's fed all day but a nice nap may be a necessity to ensure a great, late meal.

Last edited:

Wellington2011

Original Poster
I was just able to bump dinner up to 8:25 and I'm looking for earlier still. My youngest is only 18 months - so I hope I get luck with something earlier. As far as 3 times in one trip, this is a short trip. B and L are QS, which seems to be a value you can't beat. I got 3 at BOG because I figured there must be a reason it's hard to get BOG and easy to get CP and similar. That was my reasoning anyway. Good points on here though. Thanks everyone and wish me luck!

Miss_Eliza

If that's what you want to do, then do it. Own it. It seems like you've already made up your mind, so I hope it works out in your favor. I imagine, then, you've checked out the menus and you've found something that people in your party will enjoy.

Personally, I don't like BoG. I think the menu is too limited for me to find something that I love, and that the food is just okay. Not awful, but nothing to write home about. And it's a bit heavy for me. Sure, it's a nice environment, so it's probably worth a visit for a first-timer, but I never go out of my way to go there.

That's an unpopular opinion, I think, so don't give much credence to it. But everyone's allowed an opinion, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom