Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

jessfriends

May/June is better crowd wise than later into the summer and it is coupled with Astro, which frequently closes in the summer due to t storms. At least they were kind enough to have these both close the day after the Mine Train opens.

I must have missed that the mine train will be open then. If that's the case that will make up for it!

Redhawk

While no one likes missing a favorite ride, sometimes the responses to refurbs here are ridiculous. ... I swear, someone here would complain if a drinking fountain was being refurbished.

ROFL! "That was my favorite fountain! I always think of the time when I was 5 years old and my daddy held me up to drink from it. I can't believe on my 118th visit I won't get to drink from it as I do every time I visit."

Then again, being a huge fan of the TTA Peoplemover, I would be upset if I planned my trip -- perhaps the first in many, many years -- thinking it would be available only to find a refurb had been rescheduled and the TTA would be closed.

Redhawk

I'm all for refurbs but why couldn't they have done this earlier in the year or later in the fall when the crowds are lower?

Because then it would have interfered with MY vacation!!!

Joking of course, but they can't do ALL the refurbs during the lower-crowd seasons. I'm ok with probably never again riding Splash Mountain because I visit WDW only in January and February and it's always being refurbed then, but I'd be bummed and probably would not make the trip if several major attractions were down for refurbs during that time. And let's be honest, so many of them need some level of refurb...

Redhawk

I highly suspect that the delays of this TTA refurb are due to the difficulties encountered while trying to figure out how to add a FP line to the attraction.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Key difference I think is DL attractions are generally down for DAYS, At WDW attractions are down for MONTHS, Yes DL periodically has refurbs that overrun. But a DL refurb might take a week where the same class of refurb at WDW will take 2-3 months.

That's why people whinge about WDW refurbs.

orky8

Key difference I think is DL attractions are generally down for DAYS, At WDW attractions are down for MONTHS, Yes DL periodically has refurbs that overrun. But a DL refurb might take a week where the same class of refurb at WDW will take 2-3 months.

This really isn't true. DL also has extensive refurbs. Thunder mountain has been down for ages, for example. The difference, though, is that DL makes good use of the down time. Though, lately, WDW has been doing better in this department as well.

Californian Elitist

DL attractions are down for more than just a week. The attractions are down for just a few days are shows, not rides.

Last edited:

rct247

Glad they finalized the dates. I heard about this a year ago. I even tried to warn everyone that it is probably pushed back to the summer.

Again, most of this will have to do with addressing the Rocket Tower Plaza structure and a major refurbishment for Astro Orbiter, but TTA will hopefully get some cleaning. As far as anything else "show" related, don't count on it.

Donald96

Oh I don't dispute the fact that (abysmally) not a lot will be done to enhance the TTA, I was just dismissing the fact that any park could perform a major refurb in such little time. I simply utilized DL's BTM as an example.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This really isn't true. DL also has extensive refurbs. Thunder mountain has been down for ages, for example. The difference, though, is that DL makes good use of the down time. Though, lately, WDW has been doing better in this department as well.

I was exaggerating to make a point at DL yes some refurbs take months and even go over schedule like BTMRR, But at WDW even a refurb of a Meet-n-Greet takes months, DL puts substantial crews on the job so it takes the least possible time, WDW drags it out so it's cheaper.

Swfewrmco

BS to moving this refurb to the height of the summer season. One of the few relaxing, get away from the crowds attractions. My kid is going to be disappointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom