Tomorrowland Terrace now open exclusively for Mobile Order

MrPromey

Mobile ordering only, eh?

The cynical part of me wants to make a crack about them being too cheap to staff registers but I wonder if it's more an issue of having enough staff (since holidays are a heavy time) or if they are concerned about capacity and limiting to mobile-only ordering would reduce volume at this location while also avoiding long lines from that lower volume.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I'm not a fan of the slope that Mobile Ordering seems to be taking us down...
I know, right! I had to suffer and skip a 20-minute wait while my kids run in circles and instead I arrived at Pinocchio’s to find hot food ready for me to eat. It was awful. Kids hated getting food immediately and spending the 20 min they would have spent in line at Pinocchio’s riding small world instead.

MinnieWaffles

I know, right! I had to suffer and skip a 20-minute wait while my kids run in circles and instead I arrived at Pinocchio’s to find hot food ready for me to eat. It was awful. Kids hated getting food immediately and spending the 20 min they would have spent in line at Pinocchio’s riding small world instead.

Ssssh, you'll destroy their narrative!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Exactly! Don't you just hate that? ;)

I can see the obvious benefit of not having to stand in line to order. I'm looking at it from the standpoint that it'll mean fewer CMs, fewer CM interactions, and that, for me, sounds like a more mechanical/electronic/impersonal park-going experience, definitely not what Disney has been known for in the past. (Oh, there I go again, talking about the past and what Disney used to do, I need to get with the times, etc... :p ) Not that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in all cases... But I think that also speaks as to how far removed we are today from the knowledgeable, caring CMs from top to bottom being the rule, not the exception.

I'm not a fan of the slope that Mobile Ordering seems to be taking us down...

Do you mean people's need for instant satisfaction in our society, or are you talking more about the constant planning ahead that we need to do at WDW? Both? I'm just curious of what you're talking about.

EDIT: oh nvm @HauntedPirate, I just read your post above this one.

From my experience, this mobile ordering has been such a great thing so far. On my last trip, we used it at Pandora and again at the Dole Whip place in MK. I remember the look on people's faces waiting in line as we walked up! :hilarious:

I would never wait 20 or 30+ minutes in line for that kind of quality of food at these quick service places. Sometimes I just want a snack to eat, so I'd rather place my order on my phone and get in and get out.

Last edited:

Bolt

I can see the obvious benefit of not having to stand in line to order. I'm looking at it from the standpoint that it'll mean fewer CMs, fewer CM interactions, and that, for me, sounds like a more mechanical/electronic/impersonal park-going experience, definitely not what Disney has been known for in the past. (Oh, there I go again, talking about the past and what Disney used to do, I need to get with the times, etc... :p ) Not that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in all cases... But I think that also speaks as to how far removed we are today from the knowledgeable, caring CMs from top to bottom being the rule, not the exception.
I'll also play the angle that there's a shortage of work force for Orlando area, all theme parks are doing massive hiring fairs, so it could be a short term solution, too.

That's a good point! We can still have interactions with CMs, though. It just takes a little luck with timing and us going out of our way a bit more.

When we used the mobile ordering for Pandora and Dole Whip, we still thanked the CMs getting our food and had a short little conversation about how awesome the Flight of Passage ride is.

We just got lucky that they stopped moving at the speed of light for more than 2 seconds. Those CMs work so hard back there in the kitchen.
THANK YOU, CMs!!

AEfx

....Convenience for guests???

Last week I had to listen to a CM complain about the previous customer, so mobile ordering would cut that out of the equation...:cautious:

Exactly.

I'm not one for "technology for technology sake", but man...mobile ordering (at WDW or elsewhere) is the best thing ever invented.

I first discovered how wonderful it was at Subway. It's such an odd interaction to order there - do you tell them all at once what you want, or as they move down the line of stuff making your sandwich? I never knew quite what to do. Now, I walk in, skip the line, they hand it to me, and I'm in there less than a minute.

It gives you time to think about what you want, make any requests, and is one less line to wait in. I think most other uses of phones at WDW is rather silly (I want to hold a man in my hand, dangit) but mobile ordering? SIGN ME UP.

[Edit, meant to say "I want to hold a MAP in my hand, but since the other is also true - I'm leaving it LOL]

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom