News Tomorrowland love

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was just kidding around. I was trying to make a joke. Of course I agree with you completely about how out of place the rocks are in Tomorrowland

For now.

Maybe.

Oh, I get. it. The rocks are purple. Stitch will be blue. Buzz will be green. CoP will be yellow. Space Mountain will be orange. And Speedway will be red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magenta Panther

Since Tokyo Disneyland is getting rid of Star Jets in October, can they send it to WDW?

291_main_visual_name_2.jpg

If New Tomorrowland 1994 is truly dead, then MK should go back to the design it had before with an updated paint scheme. The current look for CoP demonstrates how well it would work.

That looks awesome! WANT!

CaptainAmerica

I try to!
However, I went the 2nd week of January and it was still Christmas at the MK
Same thing happened to me last year and I expect it again this year. I asked somebody about it and they told me the team that's responsible for the holiday decorations is the same team that does a lot of work for Marathon Weekend. So the un-decorating after the holidays tends to get delayed until mid- to late-January.

Princess Leia

When I was a kid I rmember going to the entrance kiosks and looking for the list of attractions that were closed for refurbishment... I was disappointed if it was one of my favorites, but it was never the end of the world... Aside from the first year install, the overlays should never close the rinde down for "Months"... I think it is high time Disney did start doing all the overlays...Country Bear Christmas, Small World, Haunted Mansion... What about a Christmas In The Caribbean? lol but seriously, the Holiday overlays along with more holiday decor in the parks would be much appreciated by the guests... even if the ride has to go down for a few weeks in the slower time right before the Holidays.
I'd like a Christmas in the Caribbean if it came with eggnog with rum.
Oh wait, I don't want to bring that discussion into this thread. ;)

RSoxNo1

Discoveryland (if that ends up being the name, though Future World at Epcot now suffers the same lack of vision and I think Discoveryland would be better suited there) opens them up to putting whatever hodgepodge of attractions that they want. I wouldn't be against that, although I think they could have made Tomorrowland as a theme work. Maybe Disneyland can make it work better?
My suggestion (article coming out on Saturday) is Discovery as a new theme for Future World. Personally, I think Tomorrowland should focus on the fictitious IP based views of the future found in Disney movies.

Kman101

Sounds like they're keeping Future World and changing Tomorrowland to Discoveryland? Time will tell .... we shall see. I think it should be the other way around but I don't make these decisions, lol. Hopefully I'm wrong, but as it stands, Tomorrowland no longer works for the Magic Kingdom and since they don't seem to want to make it work .... I feel like they'd be more worried about changing Future World's name. Is a name change on the table for that too? It's hard to keep track of all the maybes and plans on the table that never seem to get greenlit.

PorterRedkey

Same thing happened to me last year and I expect it again this year. I asked somebody about it and they told me the team that's responsible for the holiday decorations is the same team that does a lot of work for Marathon Weekend. So the un-decorating after the holidays tends to get delayed until mid- to late-January.
I was told something similar during my visit. In my case, they said they were keeping it up for the marathon runners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom