News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

Good point... I will change that. :D
When I was a kid I rmember going to the entrance kiosks and looking for the list of attractions that were closed for refurbishment... I was disappointed if it was one of my favorites, but it was never the end of the world... Aside from the first year install, the overlays should never close the rinde down for "Months"... I think it is high time Disney did start doing all the overlays...Country Bear Christmas, Small World, Haunted Mansion... What about a Christmas In The Caribbean? lol but seriously, the Holiday overlays along with more holiday decor in the parks would be much appreciated by the guests... even if the ride has to go down for a few weeks in the slower time right before the Holidays.

montyz81

When I was a kid I rmember going to the entrance kiosks and looking for the list of attractions that were closed for refurbishment... I was disappointed if it was one of my favorites, but it was never the end of the world... Aside from the first year install, the overlays should never close the rinde down for "Months"... I think it is high time Disney did start doing all the overlays...Country Bear Christmas, Small World, Haunted Mansion... What about a Christmas In The Caribbean? lol but seriously, the Holiday overlays along with more holiday decor in the parks would be much appreciated by the guests... even if the ride has to go down for a few weeks in the slower time right before the Holidays.
They could even do small simple things like Xmas lights up in parts of SSE, Add a flyover at Rockefeller Center at XMAS for Sorin, Xmas lights along your route on the Peoplemover, etc. Small things that don't cost a great deal of money (although maybe the Sorin one would).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I very much disagree. I can't stand the holiday overlays, especially the music. There's something jarring about being on Main Street and expecting to hear Main Street music but there's Christmas music playing instead. I don't go to Disney for Christmas, I go to Disney for Disney. I can get Christmas anyplace. We're going in January this year and the one thing I'm not looking forward to are the remnants of the holiday decorations.

Bocabear

I very much disagree. I can't stand the holiday overlays, especially the music. There's something jarring about being on Main Street and expecting to hear Main Street music but there's Christmas music playing instead. I don't go to Disney for Christmas, I go to Disney for Disney. I can get Christmas anyplace. We're going in January this year and the one thing I'm not looking forward to are the remnants of the holiday decorations.
I always thought the Holidays at Disney were srot of especially magical... one more layer of fabulousness... Disney for Disney is every time of year...it's nice to have something special...and the Christmas loop on Main Street is very sweet. I can only hope that your opinion is in the minority...but the huge crowds over the holidays suggest people love to see the park decorated...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I don't think there really is a "slower time right before the holidays" anymore, unless you're talking about late August thru mid-September.

I'm not a fan of having overlays just for the sake of having overlays. *If* an overlay makes sense, then it would be ok. My wife was in CA for work last week, and managed to do a day at DL. She hated the overlay on HM (Plus neither of us are fans of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'), and from the short video snippets I saw that she grabbed while the ride was stopped, I didn't like it at all. "Horrible" was the first word that came to my mind. An overlay at IASW makes sense, showcasing Christmas and other holidays & related traditions around the world. A Christmas overlay in Space Mountain?? That has to be one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while.

Bocabear

the overlays they have done at Space Mouintain at Disneyland have been pretty great... Hard to describe to someone that hasn't seen them... The Haunted Mansion Holiday is also extremely popular, but I guess if you hate the Nightmare Before Christmas characters, you would not like it...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I always thought the Holidays at Disney were srot of especially magical... one more layer of fabulousness... Disney for Disney is every time of year...it's nice to have something special...
I see that you're from Ft. Lauderdale. For someone who is local(ish), I imagine the seasonal things are a nice way to break up the routine. I typically visit once or twice per year, and prefer to have normal / classic Disney.

and the Christmas loop on Main Street is very sweet.
I picked a bad example. That's actually one of my favorites. The ones I don't care for are the main entrance loops. They're fine on their own but I don't like that they replace the music that typically signals your entry into the parks.

I can only hope that your opinion is in the minority...but the huge crowds over the holidays suggest people love to see the park decorated...
I think the huge crowds over the holidays suggest people travel when their kids are out of school and work isn't busy.

Bocabear

I see that you're from Ft. Lauderdale. For someone who is local(ish), I imagine the seasonal things are a nice way to break up the routine. I typically visit once or twice per year, and prefer to have normal / classic Disney.

I picked a bad example. That's actually one of my favorites. The ones I don't care for are the main entrance loops. They're fine on their own but I don't like that they replace the music that typically signals your entry into the parks.

I think the huge crowds over the holidays suggest people travel when their kids are out of school and work isn't busy.
I know a lot of people that go specifically for the Christmas decor...
and yes the kids off for the holidays also helps...but I have never heard anyone complain before about decorations in the magic kingdom...

montyz81

Animaniac93-98

Since Tokyo Disneyland is getting rid of Star Jets in October, can they send it to WDW?

291_main_visual_name_2.jpg

If New Tomorrowland 1994 is truly dead, then MK should go back to the design it had before with an updated paint scheme. The current look for CoP demonstrates how well it would work.

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure what overlays you have seen, but, Haunted Mansion overlay is massive. It completely changes the attraction. Every year that they have done it they have closed HM for a month previous and a month after. Not just a crane in the site line but completely closed. There is no quick way. It would not be greatly appreciated by guests unless it is the ones that go there a lot. Those that are making a first or only time, will not and that is most of WDW guests. Jungle Cruise is what one person suggested, ornaments hung here and there, no change in the story line or presentation, just frills. Pirates Christmas, I don't think so. Yo, HO, HO, HO? A group hug and the passing around of Eggnog while they all sing Oh, holy night? If you are local you don't mind traveling a couple miles to see new temporary things, but, if you have traveled thousands of miles to see the classic, that is what you want to see.

brb1006

Christmas music worked for Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom