Tiki Room Fire...or was it? And another theory?

shannon12

Would that hold firm even if Depp did something absolutely outrageous and committed a horrible act? Would Disney then take extra measures into detaching Depp from his character he plays just so they could keep Sparrow as the main focal point of the ride?
Like beating his wife? That didn't push them to remove him lol

mergatroid

If Johnny Depp were removed for some cheeky comments then trump would never be added to the hall of presidents for some far worse comments. So with that said I don't think anyone is going anywhere soon.

I believe we still have Michael Richards featured in Universe of Energy after racially abusing black people so I don't think Johnny has much to fear.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Just had a thought from reading all of this. What if they changed the focal point of Jack to Captain Barbossa for PoC? Still contain Jack, but make Barbossa the main Pirate...he reminds me of the pirate in the "red-head" scene...Gawd I miss Disney World right now.:(

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I have no real complaint with the addition of Jack in the ride, but POTC needs no main pirate character / focal point. It had a perfectly good story line without one. The story line was better, however, before the PC changes were made.
Agreed. The theme before was just pirates. No focal point was needed. The theme made the ride, not the character.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If Johnny Depp were removed for some cheeky comments then trump would never be added to the hall of presidents for some far worse comments. So with that said I don't think anyone is going anywhere soon.
The major difference -- Trump doesn't work for Disney. When portraying Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom