News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

I don’t hate World, it’s just okay.

California was a better film but is dated. If the scores are the same, that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement (it implies World would be considerably worse if it were dated and California was modern).
The scores for California are from when that film wasn’t dated.

Gusey

They need a band for the party. Really? That's the problem? It's New Orleans, for Pete's sake! That's not a crisis. But even more absurd is the response to it...let's go into the bayou and look for animals that can play instruments and use them instead. It sounds like a story a 3rd grader would come up with for a contest...and it wouldn't win.
Since the ride isn't open yet, we don't know the full story. For all we know, Tiana could have a band already booked that cancelled last minute, and it was too late to book a new band as every other band in New Orleans had been booked so Louis suggests searching the bayou for critter bands he knew? Until it opens, we won't know the full story and can't judge if it is good or bad

Sir_Cliff

That’s an interesting take.

I assume it will get good word of mouth no matter what.

We have the press and bloggers who will never say a bad word.

I mean this thing is gonna have to be really bad to get bad word of mouth don’t you think ?
Didn't you just say there would be pitchforks if it was clearly worse than Splash?

In terms of the general opinion, my suspicion is that it will get at worst mediocre word of mouth as the general ride experience will be the same and it has impressive audio animatronics. It is like the example @LittleBuford gave regarding Soarin' Over the World in that there may be much lamenting among fans about what has gone, but it will be hard for them to build something so aggressively bad around the same physical ride experience as Splash that the average guest will get off not having enjoyed it at least somewhat.

Eric Graham

rtmachine

If it's done well and people like it there will be long lines, if people don't like it there will long lines..the only thing that will change is the price and availability of LL..

erstwo

Love these! That last shot looking towards the castle is stunning.
Do you happen to have an even closer shot of the crown on top of the water tower? I am obsessed with trying to figure out if the stars representing Ray and Evangeline will light up or not. 😄
I'm not seeing any place electrical wires could have been (or have been) run up the crown but I also haven't seen any close up shots of the crown.
I just can't figure out why they wouldn't illuminate them though! Unless maybe it's too difficult to run electricity up there?

JohnD

I will say, I am not a fan of the "moss" on Critter Co-op. It looks too much like mold instead of moss.
Moss is usually gray, not green. I suggest they walk over to Liberty Oak and other oak trees on property and observe the moss on those trees. Gray.
quercus_louisiana-4_page_20.jpg

Last edited:

celluloid

Just in case, I edited my post to illustrate oaks in Louisiana. The green looks more like algae, not moss. Not that there won't be algae in the Louisiana bayou, if that is what they were trying to illustrate.

They maybe then need to learn where and patterns of algae growth. There is too much clash still in what the base area is supposed to be vs algae or how it would grow.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Love these! That last shot looking towards the castle is stunning.
Do you happen to have an even closer shot of the crown on top of the water tower? I am obsessed with trying to figure out if the stars representing Ray and Evangeline will light up or not. 😄
I'm not seeing any place electrical wires could have been (or have been) run up the crown but I also haven't seen any close up shots of the crown.
I just can't figure out why they wouldn't illuminate them though! Unless maybe it's too difficult to run electricity up there?
Thank you! And I'm happy to get some photos for you this afternoon, but if they were to light up, it would be from below as the rest of the water tower lighting is. There is room for lights at the base of the tiara, but the fact we haven't seen that yet leads me to believe it won't happen.

Trauma

Didn't you just say there would be pitchforks if it was clearly worse than Splash?

In terms of the general opinion, my suspicion is that it will get at worst mediocre word of mouth as the general ride experience will be the same and it has impressive audio animatronics. It is like the example @LittleBuford gave regarding Soarin' Over the World in that there may be much lamenting among fans about what has gone, but it will be hard for them to build something so aggressively bad around the same physical ride experience as Splash that the average guest will get off not having enjoyed it at least somewhat.
Yes pitchforks here.

I don’t think that will find its way to the media or bloggers.

I mean I don’t even know how many in general public know that Splash is being replaced.

Plenty of people ask me how I liked Potter when I tell them I just got back from Disney.

LittleBuford

I will say, I am not a fan of the "moss" on Critter Co-op. It looks too much like mold instead of moss.
I think the problem is that it’s too dark, saturated, and solid in colour. A lighter green would have looked better in my opinion.

Critter Co-op moss:

tiana-bayou-adventure-critter-co-op-moss-04252024-12.jpg

Actual Louisiana moss (or what I’m calling moss in layman’s terms):

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJhc3NldHMuYWxsdHJhaWxzLmNvbSIsImtleSI6InVwbG9hZHMvcGhvdG8vaW1hZ2UvMjAyMDY3MzYvYmRlNTA5NDdmZWNmYjc4ZWQ4ZDExMDM0NTc4NDRhMzMuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsidG9Gb3JtYXQiOiJ3ZWJwIiwicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjo1MDAsImhlaWdodCI6NTAwLCJmaXQiOiJpbnNpZGUifSwicm90YXRlIjpudWxsLCJqcGVnIjp7InRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pc2VTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZSwicXVhbnRpc2F0aW9uVGFibGUiOjN9fX0=

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom