News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Bocabear

a new purpose-built Tiana's Palace with an "outdoor" Blue Bayou section would be pure Disney gold....I don't think they have built any real immersive dining locations in decades though....and with most of their recent builds, they all seem to be using 3rd party companies instead of Imagineering...I think why everything is starting to look like run of the mill contract interior design...

aladdin2007

I finally got to pop over and see everything in person (daytime). I have to say it's not gelling for me. It does feel a bit chaotic and mishmashed. It does really stand out in Frontierland already (not in a good way and more than Splash admittedly did as well). And, the signage for the ride is a big problem. But, there is no doubt they are spending money on this, so it will at least be an attempt at a quality attraction vs. budget cut. And, I see how people enjoy the approach and the changes/additions they have made.

My concerns are more in the design story and execution - not for lack of trying or budget. (And, that's a good thing with modern WDI and management.) It just feels like too many things trying to happen at once, even on the exterior. That gives me less and less personal interest as the days go on (and wish more and more this had been a standalone build with Tiana's Place as a new "Blue Bayou" for WDW).

I will say, I like the signage and idea for the two new shops. These seem like good designs. And, the animatronics look very well done.

We'll see the finished product, but I'm banking on a one and done for me vs. the former must ride every trip for me personally.
You summed it up perfectly, I'm feeling the same. They are pushing way too many different things into this and its appearing way over thought, not only in story after story, but visually. Even the music and lighting now, I know I know it was all just testing, but we don't need a rave or dockside bar in the middle of frontierland like that. I know some would love that lol.

Surferboy567

a new purpose-built Tiana's Palace with an "outdoor" Blue Bayou section would be pure Disney gold....I don't think they have built any real immersive dining locations in decades though....and with most of their recent builds, they all seem to be using 3rd party companies instead of Imagineering...I think why everything is starting to look like run of the mill contract interior design...
That’s a really good idea…that will never happen because it’s too good of an idea.

Can you imagine you can dine in the finale of the ride. Possibly soundproof the restaurant so they can’t hear what’s going on but if the finale takes place outside Tiana’s restaurant that would be cool. Wave to all the riders in the logs as diners of Tiana’s.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The Critter - Co Op sign looks fine. The choice to use the Splash font after pretending it doesn't exist for the last two years is a strange choice to me, but it's better than nothing. This sign, however doesn't work.
Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 10.26.32 AM.png

Looks like they took it from the Tough to be a Bug queue with the giant leaves and tropical fronds. Maybe it'll look better in Critter Country, but in Frontierland its a miss to me.

Brer Oswald

Just a guess, but probably not as the intent was to completely erase any reference to the Song of the South.
I don’t think the intention is uniformly agreed upon throughout the company, hence why little things have remained despite being pointed out. I can see them rolling back little things now that the former attraction is gone. The stage of “justifying” the change is over. Now it’s about “convincing” people that the “new” attraction is as good if not better.

In the Parks
No
The Critter - Co Op sign looks fine. The choice to use the Splash font after pretending it doesn't exist for the last two years is a strange choice to me, but it's better than nothing. This sign, however doesn't work.
View attachment 778878
Looks like they took it from the Tough to be a Bug queue with the giant leaves and tropical fronds. Maybe it'll look better in Critter Country, but in Frontierland its a miss to me.
I also immediately thought of It's Tough to be a Bug. Yeah this doesn't look great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom